News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

George Lucas on a Bench

They made sure to note that it will be family friendly. The current bar is by no means one of the better places to drink at DLR (it's obnoxiously close to Screaming), but there was never any doubt that it was first and foremost a bar. Now it sounds like it's being kiddie-fied.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

What? It has no Pixar IP, the number 1 complaint about Pixar Pier.
It does actually.
Per the article: "Lamplight Lounge celebrates the creativity, inspirations and personalities of the artists and storytellers who have brought Pixar stories to life. Guests will discover the artistic marks that the Pixar “regulars” have left throughout the lounge: concept art, a quick sketch on a napkin, knick-knacks and collectable toys of beloved Pixar characters will adorn the space."

GiveMeTheMusic

What? It has no Pixar IP, the number 1 complaint about Pixar Pier.

It's worse than IP, it's themed to a BRAND, which is not a theme. So it will just be a trendy looking bar with toys and sketches.

I would have much preferred an IP solution here since we're in Pixar Pier. Someone somewhere suggested a Nemo themed lounge called The Drop Off - I think that's a fantastic idea. This is just lazy.

DanielBB8

It does actually.
Per the article: "Lamplight Lounge celebrates the creativity, inspirations and personalities of the artists and storytellers who have brought Pixar stories to life. Guests will discover the artistic marks that the Pixar “regulars” have left throughout the lounge: concept art, a quick sketch on a napkin, knick-knacks and collectable toys of beloved Pixar characters will adorn the space."
That’s decor. It’s not the theme of the restaurant and bar. There’s a difference.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It's worse than IP, it's themed to a BRAND, which is not a theme. So it will just be a trendy looking bar with toys and sketches.

I would have much preferred an IP solution here since we're in Pixar Pier. Someone somewhere suggested a Nemo themed lounge called The Drop Off - I think that's a fantastic idea. This is just lazy.
"Hi, welcome to TGI Pixar's! How many in your table?"

dweezil78

It does actually.

Again...very similar to Baseline based on this description. Just Pixar instead of Disneyland. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...eline-tap-house-in-disneys-hollywood-studios/

mickEblu

It will be fun to see if this new bar becomes less popular than the Cove Bar version.

Probably not as long as they re still serving drinks and lobster nachos. It’s kind of like... GOTG:MB. Yes, everything goes back to TOT. The ride still drops so people will wait.

dweezil78

So what's interesting is it sounds like this is replacing both Cove AND Ariel's, eh (they mention both upstairs AND downstairs)? As much as I enjoy a good drink, I'd be pretty bummed to lose a table service location in a park that already has so few. (not that I ever ate at Ariel's the entire time it was there). Perhaps the perpetually long line to get into Cove was justification though for using the space like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom