News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I think its more this, and to keep things within a budget.

I don't have concerns for Marvel Land. Team A would be on that.

But you have to fill your Team A with A level people especially as people leave. And how do test people without having them work on projects? You give them smaller less important projects to work on. And then sees who rises to A level.
Marvel will definitely be A-team. I talked to Joe Rohde recently and he said he's currently not working on anything...I don't know what the hold up is.

TROR

Y'all think for even a second that Marvel land will be the quality of Star Wars land? Really? Look at Mission Breakout. I don't just mean the low quality of that ride, but look at it. Do you think that's going to fit in with a Spider-Man ride or an Avengers ride? Now, they won't match at all. It's going to be a huge mess. Marvel land is going to be pathetic.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I think we all know what the hold up is. The Eastern Gateway mess threw a wrench in all their plans.
By my estimation, that project would have just given them access to the bus station in the north-east corner of Hollywood land. Now that they don't have it, they can focus on the area by MB including Bugs Land. Speaking of, wasn't that supposed to have closed in January??

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Y'all think for even a second that Marvel land will be the quality of Star Wars land? Really? Look at Mission Breakout. I don't just mean the low quality of that ride, but look at it. Do you think that's going to fit in with a Spider-Man ride or an Avengers ride? Now, they won't match at all. It's going to be a huge mess. Marvel land is going to be pathetic.

Honestly, yes I think it will be the same quality. I understand you don't like the move away from the CA theme that is likely to come with Marvel Land. But yes I think it will be the same quality as they will want it to be a major anchor to DCA to pull crowds from DL.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
By my estimation, that project would have just given them access to the bus station in the north-east corner of Hollywood land. Now that they don't have it, they can focus on the area by MB including Bugs Land. Speaking of, wasn't that supposed to have closed in January??

My belief is its the same problem they had with SW:GE. Management wants to make a big splash, and plans keep changing.

I think we'll hear something at Comic Con. Someone else here had said the same thing.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Honestly, I think it'll be a hard comparison.
One being a remote galaxy planet outpost with a unified setting and look and the other being a hodgepodge of super heroes that exist in multiple places...none of them being CA.

I feel that SWL is going for total immersion and amazing tech on the attractions.
ML is probably just going for thrills and brand recognition, with humor thrown in.

TROR

Honestly, yes I think it will be the same quality. I understand you don't like the move away from the CA theme that is likely to come with Marvel Land. But yes I think it will be the same quality as they will want it to be a major anchor to DCA to pull crowds from DL.
If Mission Breakout is standing next to the Daily Bugle, then it's by no means of equal quality to the fully immersive Star Wars land. There's no consistency there. Star Wars land isn't Tatooine, Hoth, and Endor, it's one singular planet, Batuu, designed specifically for the land. Marvel land would be the equivalent of that unless they theme it all to Sakaar the trash planet (oh boy?) or redo Mission Breakout.

mickEblu

I think they ll put the A team on it but To be honest and I’m not expecting a great land but do think/ hope the attractions will be fun.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If Mission Breakout is standing next to the Daily Bugle, then it's by no means of equal quality to the fully immersive Star Wars land. There's no consistency there. Star Wars land isn't Tatooine, Hoth, and Endor, it's one singular planet, Batuu, designed specifically for the land. Marvel land would be the equivalent of that unless they theme it all to Sakaar the trash planet (oh boy?) or redo Mission Breakout.

If the Daily Bugle is standing next to MB, than I assume there will be a backstory. However I never said it would or had to be a singular location for the entire land. For example why couldn't they split the land into different areas that represent different locations?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

If the Daily Bugle is standing next to MB, than I assume there will be a backstory. However I never said it would or had to be a singular location for the entire land. For example why couldn't they split the land into different areas that represent different locations?
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having one singular land then? You might as well just create Marvel sub-park within DCA.

nevol

What I can say is that from a business perspective things make sense when you take a step back. You may not like PP and think its garbage, personally I'm "eh" about it other than the Incredicoaster. But as some has said its more of a lateral move. Nothing is really being lost and nothing is really being gained.

I look at this like the test before they get fully unleashed on Marvel.
That is totally fair. It is a lateral move. However, it is a lateral move from something that was not a lateral move when it opened. It was a steep drop in show quality when it opened in 2001 from what Disney was known for. Now, nobody expects anything anymore to the extent that I'm excited to see what kind of lighting they have in the scream tubes. There was a time when the entirety of futureworld at epcot was going to span an underground show building from where carthay circle is all the way to Disneyland Drive, taking up the space where grand californian and downtown disney are today, while world showcase lands and hotels were to be built on top of it. I'll just leave it at that.

TROR

I think they ll put the A team on it but To be honest and I’m not expecting a great land but do think/ hope the attractions will be fun.
Inconsistent and not immersive. If you're building Marvel land, I need to feel like I'm in the MCU. How am I supposed to feel like that when Mission Breakout is right next to the Avengers HQ? That's not how it is in the movies!

nevol

I think we all know what the hold up is. The Eastern Gateway mess threw a wrench in all their plans.
The fact that they can't wrap their heads around keeping those old plans and just relocating the bus/dropoff area... If you are going to tear the place up, at least give us the best version of your replacement with the largest footprint!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The fact that they can't wrap their heads around keeping those old plans and just relocating the bus/dropoff area... If you are going to tear the place up, at least give us the best version of your replacement with the largest footprint!

I have a feeling we'll get more info this summer. Patience....

Hatbox Ghostbuster

That is totally fair. It is a lateral move. However, it is a lateral move from something that was not a lateral move when it opened. It was a steep drop in show quality when it opened in 2001 from what Disney was known for. Now, nobody expects anything anymore to the extent that I'm excited to see what kind of lighting they have in the scream tubes. There was a time when the entirety of futureworld at epcot was going to span an underground show building from where carthay circle is all the way to Disneyland Drive, taking up the space where grand californian and downtown disney are today, while world showcase lands and hotels were to be built on top of it. I'll just leave it at that.
::sigh:: oh Westcot...we barely knew ya...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom