News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Curious Constance

Is having a land themed to "Pixar" as ridiculous and hodge podged as it would be to have a land themed to various Disney live action movies? On paper they both make zero sense. In reality I think Pixar theming is slightly less offensive. Yes, you are throwing several movies together that have absolutely nothing to do with each other, but at least they are all animated which gives them some semblance of likeness. Some.

I also really hate having attractions that have live action actors in them. I have no desire to see Vin Diesel or Robert Downey Jr in a theme park ride. Talk about ruining the "magic" and slamming the real world down your throat.

Random thought.

D

Deleted member 107043

I also really hate having attractions that have live action actors in them. I have no desire to see Vin Diesel or Robert Downey Jr in a theme park ride. Talk about ruining the "magic" and slamming the real world down your throat.

Random thought.

So you don't like Johnny Depp appearing in POTC? 🤔

Or are you talking about video like Mission Breakout?

nevol

The want to be sure that when the masses arrive for star wars land, many of whom for the first time, that the resort is still half built ;). Leaving many a project for years to come.

Simplest option obviously is to change the name to Pixar Pier Hotel and just throw pixar art/themed suites in there.

nevol

Is having a land themed to "Pixar" as ridiculous and hodge podged as it would be to have a land themed to various Disney live action movies? On paper they both make zero sense. In reality I think Pixar theming is slightly less offensive. Yes, you are throwing several movies together that have absolutely nothing to do with each other, but at least they are all animated which gives them some semblance of likeness. Some.

Random thought.
I think having a live-action/photoreal art style fantasyland would be cool, because that's basically what it is in the european village style. Having mini-lands based on art styles from live-action films like alice in wonderland and beauty and the beast would be cool, and would work perfectly as long as actors' animatronics are excluded.

dweezil78

Random thought.

Animation will always work better than live action simply because cartoon characters are relatively timeless whereas actors age, lose popularity, styles change, etc. Any attraction that uses live actors always becomes dated eventually (cough cough ELLEN cough cough). Guardians kind of runs that risk too, but luckily those characters are either all CGI or in heavy amounts of makeup (w/ exception of Chris Pratt) that hopefully it won't be an issue. Plus, they can always switch out those videos with other characters should The Collector decide to add the latest/hottest character to his collection.

TROR

You also run the risk of the actors being pedophiles or sex perverts like Michael Jackson, Paul Reubens, or Jeffrey Jones

Rich T

I think having a live-action/photoreal art style fantasyland would be cool, because that's basically what it is in the european village style. Having mini-lands based on art styles from live-action films like alice in wonderland and beauty and the beast would be cool, and would work perfectly as long as actors' animatronics are excluded.
Not at DL. DL's Fantasyland should always be centered around the groundbreaking animated films that Walt Disney supervised, while allowing newer animated properties to blend in when appropriate. If they ever fold in here-today-gone-tomorrow junk like "Once Upon a Time," the live-action B&tB, or the truly awful live-action Alice films, they'll be throwing money away on elements that will quickly become very, very dated. The Alice maze in Shanghai looked dated on opening day, and I'd bet the designers are really wishing they'd gone with the classic Alice for that one.

GiveMeTheMusic

The want to be sure that when the masses arrive for star wars land, many of whom for the first time, that the resort is still half built ;). Leaving many a project for years to come.

Simplest option obviously is to change the name to Pixar Pier Hotel and just throw pixar art/themed suites in there.

The idea of a Pixar Pier Hotel makes me wanna barf

D

Deleted member 107043

The idea of a Pixar Pier Hotel makes me wanna barf

This looks so stupid to me.

IMG_7821-1024x768.jpg

I can't imagine thinking "Oooh, I want to stay there!". Maybe if I had young kids?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom