News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

TP2000

Speaking of Ariel's Grotto @TP2000

YOU told me that it would be okay that Ariel's is closing despite my daughter having turned five there and everyone in the restaurant singing to her. WELL, I told her that it's closing AND SHE STUCK HER BOTTOM LIP OUT! NOW YOU TELL ME HOW THAT'S OKAY!?

I don't really do well with little kids. But my first instinct is to palm her a crisp $20 bill and I bet that'd cheer her up.

kibia16

I was expecting the Victorian theming to be the whole games/shops area rather than just the Pixar Promenade and the Bing Bong store.

The games buildings were already transformed with Victorian theming when Toy Story Midway Mania was done. They look 1000 times better now than what was there before. The only changes here will be the signage and the replacement of the current non pixar themed games (dumbo, goofy, and casey) with new pixar themed games (the bullseye game will stay since that is toy story).

Current look:

509245240_abBcw-M.jpg

Before the transformation:

boardwalk-clipart-student-having-fun-7.jpg

The pixar promenade and Bing Bong's will cover the area next to this where the existing stores are located. They had received some minor theming updates with the removal of the clown and the addition of wood cladding, but it was apparently temporary.

Original look:

DSC03695.JPG

Current "updated" look:

120611-Disneys-California-Adventure-1-Boardwalk.jpg

Disneylover152

Since World of Color is currently running, is it reasonable to think it will continue to run throughout the duration of Pixar Pier's construction?

At first I was thinking yes, but while on the Adventures By Disney website, I came across this:
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 9.01.15 PM.png

Disney has yet to announce this besides on the Adventures by Disney Website, and I hope that this isn't true because I am going to Disneyland April 28-May 2 and World of Color was on my list of must-dos...

SteamboatJoe

At first I was thinking yes, but while on the Adventures By Disney website, I came across this:
View attachment 259268

Disney has yet to announce this besides on the Adventures by Disney Website, and I hope that this isn't true because I am going to Disneyland April 28-May 2 and World of Color was on my list of must-dos...

I'm in the exact same situation (April 25 - May 1).

I'm honestly getting a little frustrated. This is supposed to be my first trip to DLR and likely the only one before having any kids. It sounds like the big attractions at Paradise Pier will be closed. But now World of Color sounds like it might be closed and there is a potential Pirates of the Carribean closure looming. The whole reason I picked the dates I did was because it was past Spring Break and Paint the Night would be running again. I could accept California Screamin' being down and have been hoping that maybe, just maybe, Mickey's Fun Wheel would at least be back in operation. I know there is still plenty to keep me busy but its still a little disappointing. We purposely decided to go to WDW again last year instead of DLR because of the closures related to SWL.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

I'm honestly getting a little frustrated. This is supposed to be my first trip to DLR and likely the only one before having any kids. It sounds like the big attractions at Paradise Pier will be closed. But now World of Color sounds like it might be closed and there is a potential Pirates of the Carribean closure looming. The whole reason I picked the dates I did was because it was past Spring Break and Paint the Night would be running again. I could accept California Screamin' being down and have been hoping that maybe, just maybe, Mickey's Fun Wheel would at least be back in operation. I know there is still plenty to keep me busy but its still a little disappointing. We purposely decided to go to WDW again last year instead of DLR because of the closures related to SWL last year.

Lol we are litterally in the same situation...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom