News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

No Name

“Looking at the concept art on the construction walls looks like the theatre is not happening. It says “Pixar Promenade” and the arch leads to a wall...”

Not a wall. Looks like 2 doors. It is rumored Turtle Talk will relocate there.
I hope you are right... but I see nothing door about that image. I don’t see why they’d change the arch entry way to a non theatre name and put doors up. Looks like a wall.

I'll guess you're both wrong and it's backstage doors. The band guys can come out, but you can't go in.

It would seem that Jessie's ride has also been victim to budget cuts, as the updated concept art now uses the same roof as the current merry-go-round, just repainted.

What is Disney thinking? As the budget for the 1920's Victorian era upgrade was also slashed, and we know how that worked out.

To me it always looked like the old roof repainted, no?

Shigg. W. McGee

Just a reminder that Knott's is opening a very awesome roller coaster in 2018. And unlike DCA, they're not just redressing an old coaster with an overlay no one wanted or asked for. It's a genuinely new ride. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney somehow managed to blow as much money on overpaid R&D for P. Pier signage as Cedar Fair did building an entire new roller coaster.
Oh yeah I'm stoked for HangTime.

Shigg. W. McGee

I'll guess you're both wrong and it's backstage doors. The band guys can come out, but you can't go in.

To me it always looked like the old roof repainted, no?
I think so.
DCA5-025.jpg
PixarPier7-1500x1000.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

As more information and concept art has been released my feelings about Paradise Pier have gone from optimistic, to indifferent, to down right disgusted. It fails on even the most basic level of telling a cohesive story within the land. Why are the Toy Story characters hosting Midway games on a boardwalk, but the Incredibles characters live in a house with a roller coaster attached to it? Create a land where either each attraction takes you in to the world of that movie or a land where the characters are hosting attractions that strengthen the theme of the land. Having both style of attractions next to each other is sloppy bad storytelling.

Overall I still think this is a pretty lateral move. They took a poorly conceived poorly executed land and turned it into another poorly conceived poorly executed land. I'm just disappointed that they squandered this opportunity to improve this land.

Thank you. This basically sums up what I was saying previously.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and remain hopeful that some cool surprises are in store, but what more can there be to this beyond what we can see in the concept art?

Nland316

I went to the park yesterday, and interestingly enough TSM’s queue was much more tolerable and had a completely upgraded atmosphere as it was enclosed with construction walls. Made me think how beneficial a better themed and enclosed queue would actually be for the ride.

TROR

Will we see TSMM's roof be painted/redone in blue like the original concept art showed? Or have they decided that it was an unnecessary expense?

nevol

I don’t defend Disney for dumb decisions. But I’m ok with this if the arch leads to a dark ride in the future. Tokyo Monsters - if ours closes in Hollywood over the next few years - could work here.
Agreed, there are just so many conditions on which this project depends to become tolerable, and all of them are wishful thinking. Sure, this would be a home run counterweight to fantasyland, if monsters, buzz lightyear, and nemo were all relocated. I just doubt we will see those particular long-term investments.

dweezil78

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and remain hopeful that some cool surprises are in store, but what more can there be to this beyond what we can see in the concept art?

We still (oddly enough) really don't know what's replacing Ariel's Grotto and Cove Bar, right? As someone who likes to eat and drink, these are the two pieces of this project that excite me the most and give me the most hope. Everything else is pretty cosmetic in nature, but these have the potential to be new concepts with different menus from what was there before.

smile

Speaking of Ariel's Grotto @TP2000

YOU told me that it would be okay that Ariel's is closing despite my daughter having turned five there and everyone in the restaurant singing to her. WELL, I told her that it's closing AND SHE STUCK HER BOTTOM LIP OUT! NOW YOU TELL ME HOW THAT'S OKAY!?

backed.

i've seen plenty of things in my day,
but for all the low-down dirty good-for-nothin lyin sons-a-guns... that is some eff'd up repugnant ess.

Disneylover152

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom