Parade of Dreams to WDW

Just dont bring back the "steamed up foggy, cant see the prince and princess" snow globes. I like the music in the currn't parade, just some of the floats are a bit ugly, and tacky.

Fun2BFree

I'll happily take Stitch, you can have Kingdom of the Crystal Skull since it's not at Disneyland anyway (ha ha, we have Temple of the Forbidden Eye!), and I have no trouble parting with Jumping Jellyfish or Pirates Lair. But then Disneyland also gets back the much mistreated Carousel of Progress, and I'll take Splash Mountain, Snow White's Scary Adventures, the TTA, Spaceship Earth (pre-update), Horizons, World of Motion, the original Journey Into Imagination, Wonders of Life, Circle of Life, The American Adventure, The Jungle Cruise (I prefer WDW's), the Timekeeper, a return of Wonders of China, O' Canada!, Impressions de France, The Spirit of Norway, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Food Rocks!, The Country Bears, The Great Movie Ride, the Star Tours exterior, a return of One Man's Dream, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Indy Stunt Show, The Hunchback Show, the original Animation Tour, the original Tram Tour, Festival of the Lion King, Expedition: Everest, Spectromagic, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, Finding Nemo: The Musical, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Dreamflight, Ice Station Cool...that just about covers it. Under New Management is all WDW's though. You'd have to pay me to take that clunker.
The Lands are really not going to make any sense after this trade...

I hope you have the power to resurrect old rides!

(I'll trade you all the others if you resurrect Horizons and World of Motion :lookaroun)

CThaddeus

I hope you have the power to resurrect old rides!

(I'll trade you all the others if you resurrect Horizons and World of Motion :lookaroun)

Happy to! I'm sure the pieces are around for most of them. Disney World would just have to figure out what they did with them, get them together, and ship 'em over (actually, I know Disneyland already has some of those pieces - the sea serpent and quite a few figures from WOM, for example).

Nicole220

At the orange stinger and Maliboomer to the list with jumping jelleyfish.

They could put it int he new Pixar Place area

theme the maliboomer to little green men rocket shoot
and then rename the Honey i shrunk the kids play area to Bugs Playground and add the orange stinger.
Aww, but I like those two. :lookaroun

Yes they are ugly and should be removed, but they're fun.

I have a feeling that if this is true, the last float will just get a new paint job to match closer to the MK's castle.

Also, i do hope they remove Wal'ts voice but i really doubt it. WDW had no problem superimposing Walt Disney on MK's mainstreet during the 50th celebration and also using his speach as if that was the park he walked on.

Everytime i saw that comercial it p.......d me off.
It bugged me too. First WDW steals/borrows DL's 50th, then they go and use Walt's DL speech. Ugh.

tigger248

Wow...a cm at WDW told me this last November, but I decided to treat it as rumor until something more official was released. This discussion seems to make it sound more like something that will happen!

I loved POD when I went to DL a couple years ago. The song was stuck in my head for like the rest of the week (and has now returned from reading this thread...lol)

WDW needs a new parade (or at least new to them...) since it feels like forever since they last got a new one. DDCT is basically SADCT with slightly altered floats and different music. It really doesn't do a lot for me since I've seen it so many times.

Plus I'd love to get some pics that are actually good of POD...when we saw it, we were unfairly forced to move to a handicap viewing area rather than the perfect curbside spot we had because my brother was in a wheelchair. I had to either stand behind a crowd of people, or sit on the curb in front of my brother, which made for some oddly angled pics. :brick:

On a side note, has anyone else heard of Tink making character appearances in WDW? The same cm that told me the rumor of POD also mentioned Tink making appearances.

dannb1001

Id like to know why WDW can not just make their own brand new floats instead of reusing the ones they have or another parks floats. I think they need to bring some Tokyo Disneyland creators over here and create a nice, brand new daytime parade AND light parade for WDW.

Kitty17794

On a side note, has anyone else heard of Tink making character appearances in WDW? The same cm that told me the rumor of POD also mentioned Tink making appearances.

Yeah, she and her four faerie friends are on their way to Toontown.

As for PoD, if we DO get it, the showstops will be removed. WDW doesn't do those anymore after 'the incident.'

mpaul32001

And yet there will be show stops in Block Party Bash! Try again.

If Hollywood Studios can do them, then why can't Magic Kingdom? They are both owned by the same company, and both operated by the same Resort.

Then again, I guess High School Musical Pep Rally would be considered a Parade with a show stop as well...

I just don't get it...

Someone explain?

-------

EDIT: 2 more posts to 800!

disnyfan89

Its becuase we feel since Parade stops have been absent from DCT since the accident that we automaticly will never do them again!

dannb1001

Here is a question, If POD is shown at night at MK like at DL, DL has special lighting along the parade route correct? Would that kind of lighting be added to MKs parade route?

GymLeaderPhil

Here is a question, If POD is shown at night at MK like at DL, DL has special lighting along the parade route correct? Would that kind of lighting be added to MKs parade route?
We already have it, it's just not as noticable as DL's since our route travels mostly near buildings that can disguise the lighting rigs during non-use. Disneyland's route from the Small World area up to the Hub virtually has no large structures like we do (Frontierland buildings, Liberty Square buildings, etc.)

disney9752

Id like to know why WDW can not just make their own brand new floats instead of reusing the ones they have or another parks floats. I think they need to bring some Tokyo Disneyland creators over here and create a nice, brand new daytime parade AND light parade for WDW.

i dont think its getting people from tdl its getting wdw execs off their cheap a**es & spending the money on new parades. if they can use the same parades for years & no one complains & guests keep packing the routes why bother to change & spend the money????:fork:

dannb1001

i dont think its getting people from tdl its getting wdw execs off their cheap a**es & spending the money on new parades. if they can use the same parades for years & no one complains & guests keep packing the routes why bother to change & spend the money????:fork:

Yeah that is true. Think about this, we have 3 parks shooting off a ton of fireworks every night lol, TDL has non if very little. That tell you anything as far as why they can have/afford better parades? lol. I could be totally off on that thought but, I have to wonder.

Some people have been telling me, "something" will happen to spectro. I have a gut feeling POD will have a say in changes to spectro, meaning, a night performance of POD, while this "something" happens to spectro. I was told that Spectro will NOT go away and will still be around, whatever that means. Would love to know what they have planned. I just really hope its nothing small and more on the larger scale if they plan on updateing the parade and keeping it at the park.

mpaul32001

Yeah that is true. Think about this, we have 3 parks shooting off a ton of fireworks every night lol, TDL has non if very little. That tell you anything as far as why they can have/afford better parades? lol. I could be totally off on that thought but, I have to wonder.

Some people have been telling me, "something" will happen to spectro. I have a gut feeling POD will have a say in changes to spectro, meaning, a night performance of POD, while this "something" happens to spectro. I was told that Spectro will NOT go away and will still be around, whatever that means. Would love to know what they have planned. I just really hope its nothing small and more on the larger scale if they plan on updateing the parade and keeping it at the park.

They could have an early nightime performance of POD, on nights where we are open later, and then have a later performance of Spectro after Wishes or something. Really, all that would be done is replacing the first performance of Spectromagic for POD.

In my opinion, I don't see WDW replacing a performance of Spectromagic for a Parade that performs once during the day. I just see WDW staff as too lazy. I have noticed that Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris are all for Parades, and shows. They have a variety of different ones every year with General park admission...

All I'm saying is that WDW isn't like those other parks...really, I have no clue where i'm going with this...let me think and post back...

bluejayx

well if river of lights is coming to AK, then specto could only be use during the high season.

dannb1001

For some reason, the sound of River Of Lights is not doing much for me, I have not been keeping track of what it actually will be but sounds like Electrical Water Pagent to me. I would hope it would be a lot cooler than that lol.

What would that really have to do with Spectro though? You mean they could not still have a light parade at MK if AK gets a parade on water? lol If it is on water which by the name sounds like it.

joanna71985

They take them apart and put them in large trucks. The last time that DEP left the floats were damaged and repaired. then they were damaged again by the other resorts. When it finally came back to Disneyland resort there floats missing and the floats had to be repaired completely.

Ah, ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom