Parade of Dreams to WDW

bluejayx

the parade would have to be used to it fullest, with out the show stop there would be none of acrobatics and that would be sad:(.

reptar77

WDW gets the recycled parades from DL and DCA. Wonderful!

Mind sending us over the new Space Mountain, the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, your longer Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Casey Jr. Circus Train, the original Enchanted Tiki Room, Storybookland Canal Boats, your better Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion Holiday, It's a Small World Holiday, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the Davy Crockett Canoes, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Pirates' Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island, the Sailing Ship Columbia, your better Fantasmic, Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, California Screamin', Jumpin' Jellyfish and Remember: Dreams come True?

We'll give you... Stitch. :lookaroun

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

TheDisneyMagic

There is also a rumor floating around that along with Disneyland getting our Spectro, we would be getting a version of Tokyo Disneyland's Electrical Parade Dreamlights. That makes all this even more interesting.

What I'd give to get Dreamlights at Walt Disney World, simply amazing parade.

MacDuffieMuppet

What I'd give to get Dreamlights at Walt Disney World, simply amazing parade.

is there a youtube video of this??? i would love to see it and compare it to spectro.

As for the pod i loved it when i saw it in disneyland a few summers ago and fell in love with the music, but could not find it on cd. any way i am very excited!!:sohappy:

disnyfan89

This rumor has been going around since last summer when the DL entertainment team came to WDW to introduce BPB. I think it would be great if POD came to WDW but I don't see it happening until next year or this fall at the earliest.

Not quite. Each resort is run as a seperate, indipendent buisness unit within the company. Each is responsible for its own expenses. Thus, Disneyland's entertainment department paid out of its own budget for the construction and rights for the Parade of Dreams. Therefore (assuming this is true), WDW's entertainment department would have to pay Disneyland's in order to get the parade.

If this is true, I'm all for it. While the changeover to Disney Dreams Come True was a nice refresh for the MK parade, a new (to us) parade would be even better. I would have preferred an entirely new parade, though. Also, there will probably need to be a few modifications to PoD, such as changing the train station on the first float to WDW's (or constructing a new opening float), and they'll probably remove the "To all who come to this happy place...welcome" from the showstop.

Thanks for clarifiying. I had never known any of that, so I'm glad I got to expand my horizons.

nemofinder22

Interesting rumor, so WDW will get both of DL's 50th parade offerings though both very impressive in there own rights.

In a way I hope this is true for MK but at the same time I wish they would get their own brand new parade.

nemofinder22

I don't see why it's coming/leaving that early. DL's 55th parade shouldn't debut till 2010, right? Maybe they'll bring it out early... :shrug:

Thats what I was wondering too. Is DL going to get 2 new parades in 2 years or is 09 going to have an old parade for another park?

Nicole220

Thats what I was wondering too. Is DL going to get 2 new parades in 2 years or is 09 going to have an old parade for another park?
I hope not. I don't see why WDW can't wait another year for POD. And I can't see DL getting 2 new parades in such a short amount of time.

Does anyone know any information on DL's 55th parade?

mpaul32001

That's another thing that should be removed.

The last float has the Disneyland D on it:
phpnNnSsiAM.jpg

They would just use our old trusty mirror float for that! lol. :ROFLOL:

CThaddeus

WDW gets the recycled parades from DL and DCA. Wonderful!

Mind sending us over the new Space Mountain, the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, your longer Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Casey Jr. Circus Train, the original Enchanted Tiki Room, Storybookland Canal Boats, your better Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion Holiday, It's a Small World Holiday, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the Davy Crockett Canoes, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Pirates' Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island, the Sailing Ship Columbia, your better Fantasmic, Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, California Screamin', Jumpin' Jellyfish and Remember: Dreams come True?

We'll give you... Stitch. :lookaroun

I'll happily take Stitch, you can have Kingdom of the Crystal Skull since it's not at Disneyland anyway (ha ha, we have Temple of the Forbidden Eye!), and I have no trouble parting with Jumping Jellyfish or Pirates Lair. But then Disneyland also gets back the much mistreated Carousel of Progress, and I'll take Splash Mountain, Snow White's Scary Adventures, the TTA, Spaceship Earth (pre-update), Horizons, World of Motion, the original Journey Into Imagination, Wonders of Life, Circle of Life, The American Adventure, The Jungle Cruise (I prefer WDW's), the Timekeeper, a return of Wonders of China, O' Canada!, Impressions de France, The Spirit of Norway, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Food Rocks!, The Country Bears, The Great Movie Ride, the Star Tours exterior, a return of One Man's Dream, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Indy Stunt Show, The Hunchback Show, the original Animation Tour, the original Tram Tour, Festival of the Lion King, Expedition: Everest, Spectromagic, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, Finding Nemo: The Musical, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Dreamflight, Ice Station Cool...that just about covers it. Under New Management is all WDW's though. You'd have to pay me to take that clunker.
The Lands are really not going to make any sense after this trade...

Mystic

There is also a rumor floating around that along with Disneyland getting our Spectro, we would be getting a version of Tokyo Disneyland's Electrical Parade Dreamlights. That makes all this even more interesting.

There's only one problem with DL getting DW's Spectro, they tried that for DL's 50th only to get Spectro to Cali and discover the parade floats were too big to navigate the narrow streets of DL. I did the Backstage Magic tour a few years ago and they took us to the parade garage where they showed us the Spectro floats and they told us about how they swapped the parades, Spectro for Electrical Light Parade for DL's 50th celebration and how they didn't realize it until they got Spectro to DL that the floats were too big for the streets to make the turns.

Figment1986

um.... I think they would have known the floats were to big before they sent them to Disneyland Park, though the rumor I herd was sending spectro to DCA who can handle the larger parade units..

I don't think they ever sent spectro to CA... and just did a measurement study... since spectro has not gone black since the last major referb.

maryszhi

i know people would pull over and take pics of it
i could see at a hotel or resttation people takeing pics of it and stuff like that. if they drive it over....i hope somebody films it and puts it on youtube

kcw

Actually, if they aren't going to do the show stops, don't bother bringing it here. Those are what make the parade awesome!

and not only would they take out the show stop, they'd also take out the power skips, the trampoline, and the bungees because of equity. And Ariel, Alice, and the Mad Hatter would be voice overs... blame equity again. I want WDW to get good parades, but I'm sick of seeing good parades get watered down until they're lame

and they'll probably remove the "To all who come to this happy place...welcome" from the showstop.

I would be so upset... I know that's Disneyland specific, but that's my favorite part of the entire parade! As long as they replaced the first and last floats, I'd be ok if they left that sound clip

When the first rumor of this came along a month or so ago, it said that WDW will get PoD and DL will get Spectro.

I don't know if that'll happen, but I don't want DL to get Spectro. I'd rather see the MSEP stay at the Resort.

Spectro's in no condition to travel, let alone to go a full run at another park

Spyne

Sounds interesting. Seems they have that system now of rotating the parades between the resorts. It's not too bad of an idea, for people who weren't able to make it to other resorts to see that specific parade.

jrh1985

From Space Mountain over at Visions Fantastic.com:

I will confirm that this is not a rumor but a fact. We had "big wigs" from WDW here the last couple days, and yes, they are buying POD from Disneyland. POD's last performance will be in the month of November before ACF starts up again. This is not rumor.

-SPACE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom