Parade of Dreams to WDW

echoscot

Actually, I wouldn't say most...also it can't be right because by certain legal rules that cannot both be an employee of the company and work for a subcontractor(which is what the outside company is). They would have to quit at Disney to be eligible to work as a contractor.

What's with the us and them? If people can visit WDW, there's shouldn't be anything stopping them from visiting Disneyland. It's a wonderful place. I live at WDW but I try to go to DL whenever I can.
My mother hates riding in air planes. I try to convince her to take atleast one trip to Disneyland, but she always says, "I'll think about it, I'll think about it." Which, in her language, means no. She also gives me stupid excuses to not go, such as, "You'll get bored within the first day, it's too small, they have everything we have, bah blah blah.."

Back on topic..I'd love to see the PoD come to WDW! The videos for the parade look great, and I'm sure it'd be much cooler in person.

Actually, I wouldn't say most...also it can't be right because by certain legal rules that cannot both be an employee of the company and work for a subcontractor(which is what the outside company is). They would have to quit at Disney to be eligible to work as a contractor.

There are actually quite a few equity performers as well as parades performers who took contracts with this outside company. Disney doesn't have this rule. I myself work for Disney and several different outside companies that provide entertainment to WDW. Many entertainers who work for Disney also work for the "other" theme parks in the area. As long as it doesn't interfere with the time they are required to work with WDW per their contracts, they are allowed to do both.

iheartdisney91

if you ask me WDW needs a new 3:00 parade, for our last.... at least 4 visits its been the one with all the Snow Globes... then they got rid of the globe....
so it would be nice to go and see a new parade

Wrong :snore:

kcw

^^^^ isn't that technically the rule, but it's just never enforced? I mean really, how many ent. CMs don't work for universal???

Honestly I just wish they could get rid of Equity and use AGVA (or at least work out things with Equity the way that DLR does with AGVA)- DLR ent has so much more freedom in the things they can do, choreography, etc. In fact, it's making me consider going to CA instead of back to FL when I finish school?:shrug: If there weren't all that mumbo jumbo don't step on toes with equity, and they'd just let regular ent. do the power skips, the tramps, the bungees, the GAMs for BPB..... Disney would save $$$! Heaven knows they have to pay outside companies more!!!!

echoscot

There are actually quite a few equity performers as well as parades performers who took contracts with this outside company. Disney doesn't have this rule. I myself work for Disney and several different outside companies that provide entertainment to WDW. Many entertainers who work for Disney also work for the "other" theme parks in the area. As long as it doesn't interfere with the time they are required to work with WDW per their contracts, they are allowed to do both.

Having worked in Entertainment for about 25 years there, I am well aware that people work at Disney and the other theme parks without a problem. So that wasn't the point I was making.

The difficulty occurs when a person is an employee AND a subcontractor of the same company. It violates several basic priniples and ethics rules, although I am aware of a smaller scale of people doing this. However, I also know of many Equity people who were told they could NOT audition because they were Disney Employees and the contract was given out to others.

One example I know of personally, a Puppeteer with Mermaid and the old Hunchback show had found a way to manufacture new puppets. He had to quit working at Disney in order for Disney to legally authorize him to provide replacements and repairs to the puppets in the shows, as a subcontractor, because of these ethics rules.

I don't know, of course, what the specific legal limitations of this group are of course, so you may have a loop hole that you guys are working through right now.

Most likely you are working with a former CM from the Indiana Jones Show, if I am correct in that his company got the contract for some of the stunts. He is very talented and I think deserves quite a bit of accolades in doing this. I am by no means dissing anyone who is involved in the parade.

^^^^ isn't that technically the rule, but it's just never enforced? I mean really, how many ent. CMs don't work for universal???

Honestly I just wish they could get rid of Equity and use AGVA (or at least work out things with Equity the way that DLR does with AGVA)- DLR ent has so much more freedom in the things they can do, choreography, etc. In fact, it's making me consider going to CA instead of back to FL when I finish school?:shrug: If there weren't all that mumbo jumbo don't step on toes with equity, and they'd just let regular ent. do the power skips, the tramps, the bungees, the GAMs for BPB..... Disney would save $$$! Heaven knows they have to pay outside companies more!!!!

Oh how things would go to :fork: if that were the case, and Equity left...

Here's an idea: How about WDW stops being lazy and builds its own original parade for once?

Toy Story Parade, Hercules, Mulan Parade, Mickey Mania, Dream Come True, Jammin Jungle Parade, Stars and Motorcars, SpectroMagic...that list can go on for a good long while...

Parades that have been brought over.......ELP on a trade, and now BPB....short list

Having worked in Entertainment for about 25 years there, I am well aware that people work at Disney and the other theme parks without a problem. The difficulty occurs when a person is an employee AND a subcontractor of the same company.

It violates several basic priniples and ethics rules, although I am aware of a smaller scale of people doing this. However, I also know of many Equity people who were told they could NOT audition because they were Disney Employees and the contract was given out to others.

One example I know of personally, a Puppeteer with Mermaid and the old Hunchback show had found a way to manufacture new puppets. He had to quit working at Disney in order for Disney to legally authorize him to provide replacements and repairs to the puppets in the shows, as a subcontractor, because of these ethics rules.

I don't know, of course, what the specific legal limitations of this group are of course, so you may have a loop hole that you guys are working through right now.

Most likely you are working with a former CM from the Indiana Jones Show, if I am correct in that his company got the contract for some of the stunts. He is very talented and I think deserves quite a bit of accolades in doing this. I am by no means dissing anyone who is involved in the parade.

me ---> :zipit:

kcw

Oh how things would go to :fork: if that were the case, and Equity left...

if Equity left, yes that would be a lot of good talent lost. That's not what I'm meaning at all. I like how AGVA and DLR entertainment work things out though. There is a definite line between the two, but entertainment is still allowed to have some freedom, and they don't constantly worry about "no kicks past 90 in choreography or we'll be stepping on equity's toes".... The list of things that CA entertainment can do that we can't (kicks, the lift with Snow in Fant, power skips, tramps, bungees, characters with mics....) could just go on forever! So no, I don't wish for equity to be gone, I just wish we could have an agreement like AGVA/DLR ent..... does that make sense?

heck, at this rate, almost half of PoD will have to be equity! (especially if they leave the choreography the same for the dishes with the B&B unit)

echoscot

Toy Story Parade, Hercules, Mulan Parade, Mickey Mania, Dream Come True, Jammin Jungle Parade, Stars and Motorcars, SpectroMagic...that list can go on for a good long while...

Parades that have been brought over.......ELP on a trade, and now BPB....short list

Excellent point...I don't think WDW has been very lazy. ELP was actually their parade for a good many years before Spectromagic. And while DL had it's own version, they were different entities of the same thing.

if Equity left, yes that would be a lot of good talent lost. That's not what I'm meaning at all. I like how AGVA and DLR entertainment work things out though. There is a definite line between the two, but entertainment is still allowed to have some freedom, and they don't constantly worry about "no kicks past 90 in choreography or we'll be stepping on equity's toes".... The list of things that CA entertainment can do that we can't (kicks, the lift with Snow in Fant, power skips, tramps, bungees, characters with mics....) could just go on forever! So no, I don't wish for equity to be gone, I just wish we could have an agreement like AGVA/DLR ent..... does that make sense?

heck, at this rate, almost half of PoD will have to be equity! (especially if they leave the choreography the same for the dishes with the B&B unit)

The short answer is yes, it makes sense...but you are looking at it in the wrong way. But this gets into Union issues not meant for public boards, I'll PM you about my opinions.

disney9752

i belive toy story, hercules, & mulan were done at dlr & d-mgm at the same time, wdw & dlr both had afternoon parades based on feautre films for a few years in a row.

echoscot

i belive toy story, hercules, & mulan were done at dlr & d-mgm at the same time, wdw & dlr both had afternoon parades based on feautre films for a few years in a row.

The Toy Story, Mulan and Hercules parades at the Studios were very different beasts than the ones at DLR. The concepts started with ALaddin's Royal Caravan which premiered at the Studios in 1992 and ran for about 4 years, during which Uncle Mikey declared that there would be new shows/parades to represent the new films frequently. When Toy Story was being developed it was designed and built at WDW, the rehearsals were sometimes held on floats while they were being built in central shops.

As far as the originality goes, the Hunchback Show at the Studios was very unique and thorough. DLR had a Festival of Fools, but nowhere near the broadway style show that the stage version at WDW.

However, DLR version of F! beats WDW's hands down. I have a hard time sitting through the Orlando version because I have seen the one in CA and I think WDW's is a bit of a disappointment after that. If one has never seen the F! in CA, then it is a great show...

Okay, back on topic...

WDW gets Parade of Dreams. Hopefully the version that is in FL is somewhat different.

TP2000

Anyone else have any salt to add?

According to Al Lutz on Miceage this week, the POD at Disneyland is now staying through 2009 because the Worlds of Wonder Parade that will replace it has gone back for artistic/design changes and won't be ready by next Spring.

A reasonable person could put those two rumors together and come up with a scenario where WDW doesn't want to expand their float storage facility to be able to handle the big POD floats, and Disneyland is happy to oblige because they need to change the new parade around anyway and could use the extra time for the changes.

That means Disneyland keeps POD for a full five years instead of four, and WDW gets at least another year of whatever it is they are calling the old snowglobe parade now.

But eventually, WDW gets Disneyland's old Parade of Dreams, and Disneyland gets a new Worlds of Wonder Parade for the 55th Anniversary in 2010. Which is funny that Disneyland would debut a parade with the word World in it before WDW does. The way it is set up now, WDW would get Worlds of Wonder Parade around 2014 or 2015.

Personally, I'm more excited about the changes and additions coming to Disneyland's Fantasmic! than I am for any new parade. Although the new TinkerBell float for the Electrical Parade sounds cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom