Parade of Dreams to WDW

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
If they run the parade at night at WDW as they have done at DL - this truely is one of the prettiest parades at night I've ever seen (minus any light parade - talking "normal" parades only).

I'm very excited that this will be happening. The music alone is worth it too!

Every time I've seen the parade and the music starts - I just get goose bumps all over.

:sohappy:Yipppeeee -- Skippppy! :sohappy:

Edit --

Night showing can be seen here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ikSPoP6PpzM
Of course - doesn't do it justice - sooo much more color in person! But the idea is there.

1stStarIC2nite

Ugh. This is horrendous news. PoD is one of the worst and most boring Disney parades I have ever seen. Can't WDW be original in the parades department for once? Although I enjoy Disney Dreams Come True, there were very few changes to the floats (and of course the castle float is still there) and the music is, of course, not original as well.

Nicole220

From Space Mountain over at Visions Fantastic.com:

I will confirm that this is not a rumor but a fact. We had "big wigs" from WDW here the last couple days, and yes, they are buying POD from Disneyland. POD's last performance will be in the month of November before ACF starts up again. This is not rumor.

-SPACE
Someone refresh my memory, what's ACF?

GymLeaderPhil

I've seen Parade of Dreams four different times on two seperate trips out to California. I think it is much better than Dreams Come True.

dannb1001

To bad we will not get POD till November. Very understandable why we would not since, usualy November seems to be the time they make changes, plus they would not all the sudden stop POD in the summer or something and have nothing. Personally I thought this was not even happening for another couple years, so I was told....

I do not think Specto will be going anywhere. This idea of it leaving or being replaced has been talked about so much for a LONG TIME. If anything WDW may end up just like DL park with no light parade at all! If they decided to do POD at night.

BTW, Has anyone figured out yet why disneyworld.com still has the Elliot float picture from electrical listed for SpectroMagic? I even shot them a email and asked why and got no responce back. I know it is an error but, they really should not post that when its not even shown in the parade we have.

Ismael Flores

No thank you.

You can keep Stitch. :lookaroun

Wait, we will give you Jumpin' Jellyfish. I went on that for the first time last week and it scared me to death. :lookaroun

At the orange stinger and Maliboomer to the list with jumping jelleyfish.

They could put it int he new Pixar Place area

theme the maliboomer to little green men rocket shoot
and then rename the Honey i shrunk the kids play area to Bugs Playground and add the orange stinger.

Ismael Flores

I wonder how much if anything will change with the parade? I can see the opening float and Walt's voice over being removed.

I have a feeling that if this is true, the last float will just get a new paint job to match closer to the MK's castle.

Also, i do hope they remove Wal'ts voice but i really doubt it. WDW had no problem superimposing Walt Disney on MK's mainstreet during the 50th celebration and also using his speach as if that was the park he walked on.

Everytime i saw that comercial it p.......d me off.

Ismael Flores

To comment on what someone said earlier about the stopping of floats, I wonder if they just don't do it at the Magic Kingdom, because the stops WILL be happening at Hollywood Studios when they bring Block Party Bash here.

Dreams Come True is leaving and we will be getting Parade of Dreams, but I don't think it'll be until the year is up (possibly next spring)

And After they have redone all of California Adventure using the 1.1 Billion dollars they have accumulated to do so (which includes the 15 more acres they have purchased for Disneyland) that park will be getting a brand new Electrical Parade with all Pixar characters. They will also be building The Little Mermaid Ride (this is CONFIRMED in our Cast Member Eyes and Ears) and will also be getting their new monorails AND Toy Story Mania this summer.

As far as Disney World, though, the only info we have of getting the Disneyland Parade of Dreams parade is only insider information. Nothing has been published about it, a new ride, or a new electrical parade at night. Walt Disney World has almost no plans (as far as I know) after Toy Story Mania. The only info we know about our Spectro is that the creator said "I know that the parade is dated" But that was all

From what i have heard, DCA is the one that might be getting the night parade that will be similiar to dreamlight.

The all pixar character parade is already due to debut this spring and its an interactive parade similiar to waterworks from hong Kong.

Quick correction. Disney has not purchased 15 acres for disneyland. The acreage has always been future expansion land and is used as parking. the land is nowhere near disneyland park. It is actually next to Disney california Adventure park. The 15 acres will be trasnformed into Cars Land. Aside form those 15 acres, there is also another 12 acres that are future expansion for the same park. eventually making it comparable to disneyland in size.

The monorails have already started to arrive and being tested at the moment. The first one will be online february.

Later on this year Disney California Adventure Park (DCA) will debut Toy story Midway Mania. The attraction was originally dseign for that park and later considered for WDW. Since the attraction is being retroffited in an existing attraction in WDW it has the advantage of opening a couple months sooner.

DCA's version set in the pier area of the park will open during spring break with its official opening Memorial Day.

The moving of POD to WDW is news on all the boards. Sounds a bit straange since Disneyland is due to debut a brand new parade but ot until spring of 2010 for its 55th anniversary. If the POD was to leave at the end of this year it would leave Disneyland with no parade for a year.

Unless Team Disney Anaheim is confident that DCA will pull the crowds with its new parade, attraction and soon to debut huge World of Color show that will take place on DCA's bay sometime in 2009

tcsnwhite

I know you WDW folks have Equity rules, but if they cut the certain elements - in particular the show stops...then POD will just not be POD.
Those show stops, the acrobatics, the "Welcome" theme song, and the old-school banner routine are what make this parade so special. It's the highlight.

Cut those, and you'll be left with nothing more than a big character cavalcade no different than anything else WDW and MK have already done...
let alone the parade is not really that long. It is the show stops that give it length. It will be too fast and far too short without them.

Basically this - no show stops = you might as well forget it.

I pray that the WDW folks work their union things out and make sure this parade gets put on as good if not better than their Disneyland Resort colleagues. I am not putting down the WDW folks (I love them), but DLR already has the upper hand when it comes to putting out consistent, high quality Disney entertainment...this is WDW's chance to show they have it too.

Ismael Flores

I wonder how they get the floats to FL from CA. Do they drive them over? That must be a sight on the highway.:lookaroun

They take them apart and put them in large trucks. The last time that DEP left the floats were damaged and repaired. then they were damaged again by the other resorts. When it finally came back to Disneyland resort there floats missing and the floats had to be repaired completely.

TP2000

WDW gets the recycled parades from DL and DCA. Wonderful!

Mind sending us over the new Space Mountain, the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, your longer Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Casey Jr. Circus Train, the original Enchanted Tiki Room, Storybookland Canal Boats, your better Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion Holiday, It's a Small World Holiday, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the Davy Crockett Canoes, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Pirates' Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island, the Sailing Ship Columbia, your better Fantasmic, Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, California Screamin', Jumpin' Jellyfish and Remember: Dreams come True?

No thanks, we'll keep all of those gems in Anaheim. Without them, Disneyland would just be like Magic Kingdom, except with better weather. :D

As for the Disneyland Parade of Dreams, is this really happening or is it a rumor? Aside from all the Disneyland references built into the parade floats and its soundtrack, what about the scale of the parade itself? We all know how tiny and miniscule Disneyland is compared to Magic Kingdom, so won't this Disneyland-specific parade look small on those W-I-D-E Magic Kingdom walkways and look dinky next to the T-A-L-L Magic Kingdom buildings along Main Street USA and the Castle?

Seriously, wouldn't the scale be all wrong if you moved a Disneyland parade to the Magic Kingdom Park? :confused:

Ismael Flores

i would not worry to much about that, have you seen the dream parade they have now?

i remember it having small floats and its been around for way to long

Chape19714

With the show stops, it is important to point out that POD and the system that runs it have superior safety systems to DCTP. If show stops were to return, it could be done, with the upgrade to the system, which would probally be required to bring PoD here.

As for the too big to move, it seems as though the Light Magic floats were pretty big, and navigated quite easily. DL's route also does not have the big turns from hub to frontier and Lib. Square to Frontierland. Thier path is a straight run, with just some minor turn, with the exception of Town Square.

Captain Hank

As for the too big to move, it seems as though the Light Magic floats were pretty big, and navigated quite easily.
Along those lines, I recall reading somewhere that some of the PoD floats actually were floats in Light M-- umm...I mean...The Scottish Parade...in a former life.

bluejayx

the show stop at wdw always had sum guest interaction. an the Disneyland does not. From my understand the guest where the issues with the show stops that what i was told that by my trainer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom