Parade Change

jrh1985

This new "parade" will be an embarrassment.

The music is a Corbin Bleu song.

Imagine the elegant princesses and classic Disney characters alongside BPB-style dancers mixed with Radio Disney's finest.

:brick::brick::brick:

Corbin sang Celebrate Today on the Chirstmas Day Parade and did a good job. Now, how do we know that corbin's version will be in CADCT? Is corbin the only one that does Celebrate today?

You can download Corbin Bleu singing Celebrate You for free form Disney.com/celebrate. It's a rather catchy song, and it sounds great for a parade theme no matter who sings it.

WDWFigment

Eh, another remixed version of the same boring daytime parade is nothing exciting to me. Now, I can't say I agree with those in the "replace Spectro" camp. I can't imagine ever getting tired of Spectro! (Although an update would be nice).

But thats my point...its is not the same boring remixed day parade.... The only thing staying the same is the floats(which are the most expensive thing for a parade)...but expect everything else to be GREATLY different...

ttalovebug

Eh, another remixed version of the same boring daytime parade is nothing exciting to me. Now, I can't say I agree with those in the "replace Spectro" camp. I can't imagine ever getting tired of Spectro! (Although an update would be nice).

Agreed. I don't really care all too much what they do to the 3:00 parade, as long as Spectro (preferably an updated one) stays.

WishingOnAStar

I for one may be in the minority, and have relatively been happy with the Share a Dream come true parade at MK. Over the years we have come to expect the parade, and look forward to it. Now mind you I really liked the first incantation/version of the parade that had the bubble floats, and they stopped at various locations throughout the parade, and interacted with guests. I do understand due to the unfortuate accident that occurred a few years ago, is why they discontinued the stopping.

IMHO as long as the parade has all the main and usual Disney Characters, and the music is good as always, we will be happy. That's not to say that sprucing up or tweaking the parade a bit wouldnt be nice, but basically we are easy to please.
:):rolleyes:

Excuse my ignorance but what happened?

Animaniac93-98

But thats my point...its is not the same boring remixed day parade.... The only thing staying the same is the floats(which are the most expensive thing for a parade)...but expect everything else to be GREATLY different...

That's my issue. Same floats that have been there for almost 8 years now(!), never mind floats like the castle float which I think were built by caveman shortly after they invented fire. It screams "cheap" and "dull" and we need to see something different in MK. Even PoD would have been nice, because it's completely new for WDW (if already 4 years old). We need to get back into the days when most floats were replaced every few years and a new parade lived up to that title.

As for Spectro, keep it, only until/if we can get Dreamlights passed on to us lowly North American folk who have yet to see a real Disney parade in ages.

Well no offense but you hadnt seen the new parade...and it screams anything but cheep and dull....A parade is more than floats...its the entire package, choregraphy, music, costumes...etc...

disnyfan89

danzingcutie12 said:
Well no offense but you hadnt seen the new parade...and it screams anything but cheep and dull....A parade is more than floats...its the entire package, choregraphy, music, costumes...etc...
Well said! :sohappy:

hpyhnt 1000

Oh no, not that stupid castle float again. :brick:

Well, I'll wait to see the final product before I form a permanent opinion. Initially though, I can't say I'm "celebrating" the arrival of this "new" parade. Maybe it'll be great, but the description and details aren't getting me excited about this one. :shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

No offence, but on the criteria you list and using the DHS parade for an example, I truly fear the worst.

Animaniac93-98

So if the ice cream tastes bad I shouldn't care about my sundae if the cherry on top is shinny?

A parade may be more than floats but understating their importance is something I find offensive, especially if the are the same floats that have been around for a decade or two. That's something I notice every time and not building new ones and just removing the plastic globes says "I can't be bothered to spend the time to design something, new, different or exciting so I'll just slap on some trivial frills and hope no one cares".

This "new" parade may impress you but it won't cut it for me or anyone else who gives a damn about how Disney presents itself to it's longtime, repeat visitors.

WDW1974

I've heard the same thing. Unfortunately this is just another example and time when Disney is cutting corners, and rather than bringing something truly new and exciting, they just throw a coat of paint over something old and call it new.

It's Time to Recycle The Magic!

(seriously, it is embarrassing that WDW is still tossing out 1991 and 2001 parades in 2009 with NOTHING new in sight!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom