Parade Change

the-reason14

Oh wow, I hope the corbin rumor isnt true. As well as Miley singing tomorrow's child. The main problem with that equation is that these "singers" have no vocal talent whatsoever. They can barely pass as "actors" where the talent there is questionable too. But singing, heck no. I hope they dont do that. That would be horrible.

Captain Chaos

Well no offense but you hadnt seen the new parade...and it screams anything but cheep and dull....A parade is more than floats...its the entire package, choregraphy, music, costumes...etc...

A parade doesn't stop and "boogie" a parade keeps moving... Block Party Bash isn't a parade.. it is entertainment.. it is a BLOCK PARTY... Not a parade.. if this thing in MK stops and a party breaks out, it isn't a parade.. it is a stinking rehash of BLOCK PARTY BASH...

Captain Chaos

Oh wow, I hope the corbin rumor isnt true. As well as Miley singing tomorrow's child. The main problem with that equation is that these "singers" have no vocal talent whatsoever. They can barely pass as "actors" where the talent there is questionable too. But singing, heck no. I hope they dont do that. That would be horrible.

Fear not about Miley.. I was just joking... basing it on Disney Company synergy... But, after hearing that Corbin Bleu's song is now a theme song for a Disney parade, er, celebration party, then anything is possible... Maybe it will be Demi Lovatto or what ever her name is singing Tomorrow's Child...

Castle Cake Apologist

Nobody that I know in entertainment is excited about this "parade"...

I have no problem with Corbin Bleu or Miley or any RadioDisney star... I have a problem with a top 40 jingle being used where a timeless song should be.

Simply adding show stops and Block Party Bash dancers with a new pop song to the existing (8+ year old) floats is a sad excuse for a new Magic Kingdom parade.

DisneyDellsDude

Nobody that I know in entertainment is excited about this "parade"...

I have no problem with Corbin Bleu or Miley or any RadioDisney star... I have a problem with a top 40 jingle being used where a timeless song should be.

Simply adding show stops and Block Party Bash dancers with a new pop song to the existing (8+ year old) floats is a sad excuse for a new Magic Kingdom parade.

I actually enjoy the commercial version of the song. It's actually original... plus it seems very "Disney" to me. It's something new and refreshing. But I really don't like the ick "pop" version of the song Corbin Bleu made. I REALLY hope they don't use that version.

Captain Chaos

I actually enjoy the commercial version of the song. It's actually original... plus it seems very "Disney" to me. It's something new and refreshing. But I really don't like the ick "pop" version of the song Corbin Bleu made. I REALLY hope they don't use that version.

If it is a copy of Block Party Bash, the pop version is what they will use..

jrh1985

I found a new piece of concept art for the parade.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/entertainment/move-it-shake-it-celebrate-it/

What ever happened to the beautiful concept art that Disney used to create?
I've been in a Computer Graphics (using Photoshop) class for only a semester, and think I could do something better than this given some time.:(

That art is for the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party, NOT CADCT. I'm Thinking that CADCT will stay along the path that the past MK Main Day Parades has paved. I'm not worried at all about CADCT. Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party is another story.

Captain Hank

I found a new piece of concept art for the parade.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/entertainment/move-it-shake-it-celebrate-it/

What ever happened to the beautiful concept art that Disney used to create?
I've been in a Computer Graphics (using Photoshop) class for only a semester, and think I could do something better than this given some time.:(
Chip looks very, very disturbing in that.

I'm interested in the new parade...not sure if "excited" is quite the right word. Partially, because I'll be viewing the premier of the parade on my birthday. Taken just on its own merits, I really kinda like the Disney Dreams Come True parade. However, MK is very, very, very, very long overdue for some new parade floats. It's really embarrasing to keep reusing the crystal castle float (which was originally used for a celebration in Disneyland)

Jones611

I am looking forward to the new parade! I also like both Corbin Bleu and Miley Cyrus!! I know that there are people out there that don't like the new Disney stars but you also have to realize that there are many that do. :wave:

the-reason14

I am looking forward to the new parade! I also like both Corbin Bleu and Miley Cyrus!! I know that there are people out there that don't like the new Disney stars but you also have to realize that there are many that do. :wave:

Yes this is true. For me, its not so much disliking them, it is more of me disliking the fact that disney has dropped its standards as far as hiring kids with talent as corbin and the rest of the hsm cast and miley definately dont have. I wonder if they had auditioned as singers for the new mickey mouse club that also had the amazing vocalist christina aguilera in, if they would have made it in. Im sure they wouldnt have, as they have no talent in music and barely any in acting.

bigcatholicj

I'm 23, have a college degree in vocal performance, am a trained opera singer, and enjoy both Miley Cyrus and Corbin Bleu.:shrug:

Me too! Neither of them annoy me, which is very easy to do! And i MUST point out that i attended the Christmas Day Parade taping and was shocked to find out that Miley Cyrus sang live (even stopping the performance when they played a track with her voice) and Sarah Brightman (who i can't stand anyway) LIPSYNCED!!! sanc?? ha!
At any rate...i personally expect this parade to get us to the 40th anniversary at which point we will either get Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams (AWESOME!) or something entirely new!

wdwfan22

Well no offense but you hadnt seen the new parade...and it screams anything but cheep and dull....A parade is more than floats...its the entire package, choregraphy, music, costumes...etc...

However the floats are a major part of the parade. IMO and again this is only my opinion the choregraphy has always been horrible in Disney parades. We really need a whole new package for the Magic Kingdom. This new version of the tired Share a Dream Come True parade will do nothing for the Magic Kingdom.

mpaul32001

I'm pretty sure if the people in charge didn't think this parade would do well for normal day guests, unlike ourselves, they wouldn't be putting it on. Didn't someone say before that only 5% of the people who visit WDW on a daily basis are passholders, or "Disney Freaks" like ourselves? Really, I think the happiness of the normal day guest on that scale exceeds us.

I don't mind the new parade at all. VERY excited, and can't wait to see it in person.

Jamesnm

Hey guys from an avid Disney fan and a fellow performer in CADCT,, the parade is wonderful. Yes the floats are reused but mickey got a complete redo, and so is castle!, CORBIN BLEU IS NOT SINGING THE MUSIC, it's a chorus version of the same song! And that song is only the show stop! The travel loop music will make everyone smile! So chill out! The music is definitely classic disney! So stop being negative and wait til you see the thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom