Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

NearTheEars

I was looking at Wikipedia tonight for some MSEP history, and this is currently the page's second paragraph:

The original Disneyland copy of the parade ran at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom as "Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade" from June 5, 2010 to October 9, 2016, as it is now being shipped back to Disneyland for a limited time starting in early 2017. However, the parade will return for the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom in 2021.

Now granted this is Wikipedia, and it is not referenced to any source. It would appear this line was just edited in today. Is this just picking up on the countless rumors swirling around, or are they on to something?

Well, I hope it's wrong. Or I want a t-shirt refund.

GiveMeTheMusic

I was looking at Wikipedia tonight for some MSEP history, and this is currently the page's second paragraph:

The original Disneyland copy of the parade ran at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom as "Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade" from June 5, 2010 to October 9, 2016, as it is now being shipped back to Disneyland for a limited time starting in early 2017. However, the parade will return for the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom in 2021.

Now granted this is Wikipedia, and it is not referenced to any source. It would appear this line was just edited in today. Is this just picking up on the countless rumors swirling around, or are they on to something?

Wrong. MSEP will not be returning to WDW again. DLR will either store it or destroy it after the spring run.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't see this happening but if they add extra lighting to the FOF floats and update the parade route lighting with color changing cans, except for the already updated hub light towers, then FOF could become quite nice at night.
It'll become Boo to You. A day parade run at night.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but not a night parade.

dgp602

I thought this was pretty cool. It's aged, and from Disneyland, but still a nice tribute to the parade.. It's from 'Backstage Disney' and details the making of the parade...

montyz81

I think DLR will store the parade since it's part of there history.
Since it actually has it's own souvenir content and is an indelible part of DL and WDW history, I suspect it will be stored or sold to a collector? My vote is to put it in the Smithsonian or somehow put it outside somewhere at the Presidio.

brb1006

I said "goodbye" to my all time favorite Disney nighttime experience, along with the masses, Sunday night as well. Such a shame that a classic like the Main Street Electrical Parade is gone for good. Inexplicable really. As a few posters above mentioned it has a charm and, dare a I say it, magic that makes so distinctly "Disney." My visits to the Magic Kingdom won't be the same anymore because the MSEP was always a "must-see." Yet, I wasn't totally devastated Sunday night. In fact, I think it was one of my favorite visits to the park. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was just amazing. Oddly, spirits were high among Guests and Cast. Combine that with perfect weather and it was truly a great evening. Yes, I'm sad this iconic piece of Disney history is gone for good (part of me still wants to believe it'll appear again in my lifetime but that's me being delusional as always :happy:) but I reluctantly look forward to seeing what Disney has in store.
Unless its something like "Trash the Night" then I'm not interested ;)
I'm sure alot of longtime Disneyland visitors will be happy for it's brief return...which I hope they will do for real this time and not keeping it going for over 6 years.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
After it's brief (final?) run at Disneyland, what do you think are the odds that they give the parade one last final hurrah by a public run through a major US city (like New York or LA?). And before you say it "can't" be done, it has been done before... almost 20 years ago through the streets of NYC after it's run at Disneyland....

jpeden

In the Parks
No
After it's brief (final?) run at Disneyland, what do you think are the odds that they give the parade one last final hurrah by a public run through a major US city (like New York or LA?). And before you say it "can't" be done, it has been done before... almost 20 years ago through the streets of NYC after it's run at Disneyland....

So what happened to those Hercules floats? Was it a one-and-done?

TP2000

My vote is to put it in the Smithsonian or somehow put it outside somewhere at the Presidio.

The Walt Disney Family museum only focuses on the life of Walt and things Walt Disney actually created.

The exhibits end abruptly in 1966 with Walt's death. Disneyland's conception, creation and operation circa 1952-1966 are featured in the museum heavily, but WDW is not featured because Walt died five years before it opened and the property opened in '71 was nothing like what Walt was thinking of in '66.

The Electrical Parade didn't exist until 1972 in Anaheim and 1977 in WDW, so there would be no purpose to feature it at the museum or display it in the Presidio.

brb1006

The Walt Disney Family museum only focuses on the life of Walt and things Walt Disney actually created.

The exhibits end abruptly in 1966 with Walt's death. Disneyland's conception, creation and operation circa 1952-1966 are featured in the museum heavily, but WDW is not featured because Walt died five years before it opened and the property opened in '71 was nothing like what Walt was thinking of in '66.

The Electrical Parade didn't exist until 1972 in Anaheim and 1977 in WDW, so there would be no purpose to feature it at the museum or display it in the Presidio.
Maybe an entire exhibit dedicated to MSEP at a future D23 if they ever make a special announcement for the 50th and the reveal of a new electrical parade in a couple years from now.

Goofyernmost

MSEP bores me compared to how breathtaking Spectro was.
Yea, if you liked those white faced zombies it was terrific. As far as MSEP was concerned it left before, we all said our goodbyes and it came back years later. It is a great parade and that is why it has had so my lives. It may very well be back. They will never find a more identifiable score that would be better then the Baroque Hoedown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom