Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm honestly flabbergasted by the idea that TDO would think it reasonable to keep the park without a night parade for almost 5 years. Nighttime attendance will plummet. Wishes can only hold people for so long. This is their flagship park, and they're not giving people a reason to stay into the night.

Did I miss something? Who said 5 years? Serious question.

brb1006

I'm honestly flabbergasted by the idea that TDO would think it reasonable to keep the park without a night parade for almost 5 years. Nighttime attendance will plummet. Wishes can only hold people for so long. This is their flagship park, and they're not giving people a reason to stay into the night.
Hopefully Rivers Of Light will make up for it.

MagicHappens1971

Oh ok. But nothing confirmed?
Nothing confirmed about the lack of parade for 5 years? Or the future?
The only concrete thing we have is that @marni1971 has confirmed there is a new parade design basically just sitting in a file cabinet, no budget from TDO for that new parade. So basically, a new parade, and nothing new is coming for quite some time. Which has led people to believe there won't be a new parade until the 50th, that isn't confirmed but is the assumption.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Nothing confirmed about the lack of parade for 5 years? Or the future?
The only concrete thing we have is that @marni1971 has confirmed there is a new parade design basically just sitting in a file cabinet, no budget from TDO for that new parade. So basically, a new parade, and nothing new is coming for quite some time. Which has led people to believe there won't be a new parade until the 50th, that isn't confirmed but is the assumption.

Gotcha. I just thought I missed where someone actually confirmed they don't plan on doing anything until the 50th. But I understand why people would now have that assumption.

MagicHappens1971

AGAIN DISNEYLAND SURVIVED WITHOUT A NIGHT PARADE, YOUR PARK WILL TOO.
This is much different for a variety of reasons.
MK celebrated it's 45th anniversary just last weekend, in its 45 year history, other then the time between time MK opened and MSEP's debut in the late 70s, this is the first time MK is lacking a nighttime parade. Also that MK is more of a tourist destination then Disneyland, and it will be hurting to not see a nighttime parade.

oceanbreeze77

MK celebrated it's 45th anniversary just last weekend, in its 45 year history, other then the time between time MK opened and MSEP's debut in the late 70s, this is the first time MK is lacking a nighttime parade. Also that MK is more of a tourist destination then Disneyland, and it will be hurting to not see a nighttime parade.
It will be fine. I promise you.

Po'Rich

It will be fine. I promise you.
You are completely correct. WDW will survive. It will still be here in 5 years...and people (A LOT of people) will still be there in the evenings. I think what concerns people (or at least what concerns me) is the ever-diminishing offerings at WDW. When I first went to WDW (just in 2012) there were 4 parades at the parks. The second time we went (2014), there were 3. Last year when we went, there were just 2. Now, there's only going to be one (FOF). Granted, there are some new offerings (ROL, Muppets) but right now, the balance sheet shows far more subtractions than additions.

Also of note, even in the period between Light Magic and Paint the Night when there was no night parade at Disneyland, they had Fantasmic! to tie people over as well as fireworks. MK not having a night parade is a legitimate loss.

MagicHappens1971

Also of note, even in the period between Light Magic and Paint the Night when there was no night parade at Disneyland, they had Fantasmic! to tie people over as well as fireworks. MK not having a night parade is a legitimate loss.
It is a legitimate loss, and while it may not be a "nighttime" parade, they did have Soundsational running twice a day as well as Fantasmic as you stated. Celebrate the Magic & Wishes isn't enough.

TTA94

I don't see this happening but if they add extra lighting to the FOF floats and update the parade route lighting with color changing cans, except for the already updated hub light towers, then FOF could become quite nice at night.

You are completely correct. WDW will survive. It will still be here in 5 years...and people (A LOT of people) will still be there in the evenings. I think what concerns people (or at least what concerns me) is the ever-diminishing offerings at WDW. When I first went to WDW (just in 2012) there were 4 parades at the parks. The second time we went (2014), there were 3. Last year when we went, there were just 2. Now, there's only going to be one (FOF). Granted, there are some new offerings (ROL, Muppets) but right now, the balance sheet shows far more subtractions than additions.

I feel you on this. When I started going back to WDW as an adult in 2010, there were 3 parades at MK, Pixar Pals at DHS, and Jammin Jungle at DAK. And that was during the recession and low crowds. I felt I was truly getting my money's worth.

Now, we're down to Move it, Shake it! and Festival of Fantasy at MK. And eventually Rivers of Light at DAK. Now, I'm paying even more and they keep announcing things going away before I even get there. Thank goodness I'm going over to Universal for a day this time.

After this trip, I think I'll be going to Disneyland instead, until WDW 50th.

techgeek

I was looking at Wikipedia tonight for some MSEP history, and this is currently the page's second paragraph:

The original Disneyland copy of the parade ran at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom as "Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade" from June 5, 2010 to October 9, 2016, as it is now being shipped back to Disneyland for a limited time starting in early 2017. However, the parade will return for the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom in 2021.

Now granted this is Wikipedia, and it is not referenced to any source. It would appear this line was just edited in today. Is this just picking up on the countless rumors swirling around, or are they on to something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom