Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

After it's brief (final?) run at Disneyland, what do you think are the odds that they give the parade one last final hurrah by a public run through a major US city (like New York or LA?). And before you say it "can't" be done, it has been done before... almost 20 years ago through the streets of NYC after it's run at Disneyland....

They should of rushed it back to Small world after NYC sinc LM was failing, It was called MSEP any more. Haven't seen any videos of the first time in NYC.

TTA94

It will be interesting to see how well MSEP is received being back at DL. It could go either way, The DL fans will be thrilled it's back and want it to stick around for awhile, or they will tolerate it for a couple months next year and be counting the days until it finally retires and PTN returns from its refurb.

montyz81

The Walt Disney Family museum only focuses on the life of Walt and things Walt Disney actually created.

The exhibits end abruptly in 1966 with Walt's death. Disneyland's conception, creation and operation circa 1952-1966 are featured in the museum heavily, but WDW is not featured because Walt died five years before it opened and the property opened in '71 was nothing like what Walt was thinking of in '66.

The Electrical Parade didn't exist until 1972 in Anaheim and 1977 in WDW, so there would be no purpose to feature it at the museum or display it in the Presidio.
I visited the family museum and didn't actually realize that. I even stood and watched the video about his death at the end. You'd think I would have figured that out

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Until TDO gets new leadership WDW fans are not getting a new parade as @marni1971 notes there is a full DESIGN for a new parade sitting in a file cabinet in Burbank WHICH HAS NOT BEEN FUNDED. The design is not the problem. The desire of WDW Ops to have a nighttime parade is not the problem. It's the unwillingness of TDO to FUND the build of the new parade which is the problem.

As usual 'Guests will always come' no matter how much we cut mentality is ruling TDO's decision matrix.

As a relatively new poster noted they started visiting in 2012 when WDW had 4 parades, In four years that has been cut to a single daytime parade. Just think about that for a moment there is a reason a some of us talk about the 'going out of business' vibe at WDW.

COProgressFan

Well, it will happen. 2021 at the latest. I would hope they speed track it a bit. 2018 would certainly be reasonable. If they announced that at the start of 2017, I could even tolerate a year of FoF at night to fill the time.

Having no evening light parade until 2021 would be a disgrace. Sadly, it wouldn't shock me though. There is no reason they couldn't put together a new parade for late 2017, but I agree 2018 is tolerable if need be.

Speedy71

MSEP closes in less than a week. Any word on the future yet?

12857532143_276621e3c9_b.jpg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I wonder if TDO is still attempting to convince TDA to give up PTN lol

When TDA gets MSEP back I would bet my paycheck they won't let them near another one of their parades. On top of that, if Mack won't fit I don't see the point of having PTN.

I sent George and Bob and WDW an email expressing my displeasure of a lack of replacement being announced. It will fall on deaf ears I'm sure but it's worth registering a complaint nonetheless.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom