Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

DisneyDebRob

I have no doubt about this re: attendance. They're practically begging people to come in the gates with these latest promotions and offers. I suspect they'll miss their Q4 numbers again and even with the holidays I'll be interested to see what their Q1 looks like for their FY17.
How about knocking those 100 buck plus ticket prices down to increase attendance? Bet it might bring a lot of people in.
Back on subject, this parade has always been my favorite, probably because it was the first one I saw many many many years ago, probably before half the people reading this were born. Can someone tell me when was the last time MK had no evening parade?
I mean besides a month in between to get the next one ready. This sounds like nothing is in the works yet.

MagicHappens1971

How about knocking those 100 buck plus ticket prices down to increase attendance? Bet it might bring a lot of people in.
Back on subject, this parade has always been my favorite, probably because it was the first one I saw many many many years ago, probably before half the people reading this were born. Can someone tell me when was the last time MK had no evening parade?
I mean besides a month in between to get the next one ready. This sounds like nothing is in the works yet.
From 1971 - 1977. It's never been without one since.

MUTZIE77

I'd like to think this but everything that has been presented said this was a snap decision on the part of DL thus I think WDW was caught with their pants down. I honestly think they don't know what to do, especially if DL won't loan them PTN. I'm afraid that they'll simply do nothing.
I'm inclined to believe this as well. MSEP is leaving because DL needs to rehab PTN. DL is telling MK to pound sand because they have had MSEP waaay longer than they should have and they now have a need for it again. It makes no sense for DL to do a rehab on PTN then send it to WDW after one year of operation. I hope they don't get PTN, it forces TDO to own it's past penny pinching.

MagicHappens1971

PTN is only like a year and a half old, and it needs some TLC, I can only imagine what a 44 year old parade that has been neglected for most of its lifetime would need to be refurbed.

CTXRover

MagicHappens1971

Confirmed by parks blog when they announced MSEP coming to Disneyland:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-limited-time-last-chance-to-paint-the-night/

"And I’m excited to share today that this popular parade (Paint the Night )will return on select nights during the holiday season later this year."
I think the assumption is that it will be running EARLIER then the Holiday season, was the point of his post. This is what I got from it, not sure if I interpreted it wrong.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have no doubt about this re: attendance. They're practically begging people to come in the gates with these latest promotions and offers. I suspect they'll miss their Q4 numbers again and even with the holidays I'll be interested to see what their Q1 looks like for their FY17.

Let's just say it will not be pretty, When Gordon Behune took over US Airways from Frank Lorenzo's (separated at birth from Iger) he commented 'How much cheese can you take away from a pizza before it stops being a pizza" with the implication that 'too much cheese' had been removed from US Airways. WDW is approaching the 'Not a pizza state' if its not there already.

Always been fascinated by TDL-TDS being so much cheaper to visit and the parks being in one of the most expensive cities in the world and yet TDL-TDS both have a better ROI than WDW, And Orlando is one of the cheapest cities in the world, Something is VERY wrong at WDW.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Could you just stop? There is no reason to be so negative

Really, Put down the bong full of pixie dust and take a look at what's happening at WDW, Everything is CUTS there is nothing NEW at WDW except a list of NEW closures every month or so. Yes there is the possibility of Pandora opening late next year, Who knows what will be closed in the meantime. Yeah they MIGHT get RoL online sometime (or not depending how the numbers look)

I put as much stock in what Disney says is coming in 5 years or so as I do in the average politician's campaign promises, Actually I trust the politicians a bit more because they want to get re-elected so they need to try and fufill at least one or two.

MagicHappens1971

Really, Put down the bong full of pixie dust and take a look at what's happening at WDW, Everything is CUTS there is nothing NEW at WDW except a list of NEW closures every month or so. Yes there is the possibility of Pandora opening late next year, Who knows what will be closed in the meantime. Yeah they MIGHT get RoL online sometime (or not depending how the numbers look)

I put as much stock in what Disney says is coming in 5 years or so as I do in the average politician's campaign promises, Actually I trust the politicians a bit more because they want to get re-elected so they need to try and fufill at least one or two.
I am not blinded by pixie dust, I have made several points that WDW has made tons of cuts recently, but I am not blinded by the truth, like you. Edit: Plus everyone knows Disney wants ROL online more then anyone else, they will get it up and running. Pandora will open, and AK doesn't have any attractions that are expendable that would be closed once Pandora opens.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I am not blinded by pixie dust, I have made several points that WDW has made tons of cuts recently, but I am not blinded by the truth, like you.

The TRUTH is WDW is a shell of what it used to be and the cuts just keep coming,

TDL/TDS is what WDW in the 80-90's looked like and how it was run where do you think OLC got those standards from and which they are contractually required to uphold, The greatest irony of all is that the only parks which are being run like Disney parks USED to be run do not belong to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom