Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

GiveMeTheMusic

PTN is not really "Disneyland's parade", it's about 90% replica form Hong Kong's PTN. So it's a hand-me-down design already (which many people at the time of it's announcement were upset with).

WDW is getting a new parade that we know is scheduled for it's 50th, that hard date is very important in determining what is done in the interim years. Any night parade that is brought to WDW has a known limited time slot. It's relatively unlikely that a genuinely new night parade would be built for WDW to be replaced when the 50th rolls around; whereas a copied or transplanted parade is easier done.

There are multiple options dealing with what would be done within the context of MSEP's move to Disneyland. And also the relationship of likely night AND day parades for WDW's 50th.
  1. WDW goes sans night parade until it's 50th.
  2. WDW receives refurbed/coppied version of MSEP after Disneyland's run that plays until it's 50th.
  3. WDW receives refurbed/coppied version of some other night parade that plays until it's 50th. (MSEP is either retired or stays at Disneyland)
  4. WDW receives new night parade prior to it's 50th; no new night parade for it's 50th.
_______
From everything I've heard out of reliable sources WDW absolutely does not want to be without a night parade for more than 9-12 months. Loosing MSEP in early October is not ideal but still reasonably timed with many nights taken over by parties then the Christmas parade running during the day until 2017 and January/February being a "slow" season. It get's dodgy when Spring breaks start (but with Easter pretty late in 2017 they might luck out with later than typical vacations).

My semi-educated guess is WDW will have a hand-me-down/copied parade starting sometime around late March. I'd give it about 50/50 that it's PTN vs some other night parade.

The version of PTN at Disneyland is Disneyland's parade. HKDL has their own. I didn't mean that Disneyland owned the concept as it obviously does not, but they do own their version of the parade. WDW should not take Disneyland's parade. They should build a new one.

The incredible mindset Disney has trained fans into is that Disney can't afford for each resort to have their own damn parades. Which is of course, ludicrous.

TP2000

The incredible mindset Disney has trained fans into is that Disney can't afford for each resort to have their own damn parades. Which is of course, ludicrous.

TDO suits and the Celebration cubicle drones puking out vapid perkiness on the Disney Parks Blog thank you for noticing.

Disney's theme parks made $994 Million in after-tax profit in the last quarter. That's nearly $1 Billion in pure profit for 90 days of work, and that's just from their theme park/cruise line division. The entire company made over $4 Billion in after-tax profit for that one quarter.

And you think TDO is going to spend money to replace a 45 year old parade they borrowed from Anaheim 5 years ago?!? You expect Bob Chapek and George Kalogridis to go spending money like drunken sailors on shore leave?!?

Chapek and George K. are so much smarter than you. And Walt would hate them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That's great and obvious. Doesn't change my distaste for the franchise
tumblr_o2pvc8aiy51u6n38po1_250.gif

dang it...another one of your gifs

GiveMeTheMusic

TDO suits and the Celebration cubicle drones puking out vapid perkiness on the Disney Parks Blog thank you for noticing.

Disney's theme parks made $994 Million in after-tax profit in the last quarter. That's nearly $1 Billion in pure profit for 90 days of work, and that's just from their theme park/cruise line division. The entire company made over $4 Billion in after-tax profit for that one quarter.

And you think TDO is going to spend money to replace a 45 year old parade they borrowed from Anaheim 5 years ago?!? You expect Bob Chapek and George Kalogridis to go spending money like drunken sailors on shore leave?!?

Bob Chapek and George K. are so much smarter than you. And Walt would hate them.

I don't know what you're talking about. $4 billion a year just doesn't buy what it used to! A list of just a few things $4 billion a year in profit can't cover:

- logo napkins
- shopping bags unique to WDW
- parades (WDW will be down to one now. One parade, four parks!)
- new monorail trains
- a working Yeti
- replacement stage shows for DHS
- Fantasmic upgrades of any kind
- new fireworks shows
- on time delivery of a new water show
- replacement for bus system
- new build Guardians attractions
- decent portions at overpriced food festivals

I'm sure I missed some things, but you get the idea. $4 billion just isn't what it used to be!

Mike S

PTN is not really "Disneyland's parade", it's about 90% replica form Hong Kong's PTN. So it's a hand-me-down design already (which many people at the time of it's announcement were upset with).

WDW is getting a new parade that we know is scheduled for it's 50th, that hard date is very important in determining what is done in the interim years. Any night parade that is brought to WDW has a known limited time slot. It's relatively unlikely that a genuinely new night parade would be built for WDW to be replaced when the 50th rolls around; whereas a copied or transplanted parade is easier done.

There are multiple options dealing with what would be done within the context of MSEP's move to Disneyland. And also the relationship of likely night AND day parades for WDW's 50th.
  1. WDW goes sans night parade until it's 50th.
  2. WDW receives refurbed/coppied version of MSEP after Disneyland's run that plays until it's 50th.
  3. WDW receives refurbed/coppied version of some other night parade that plays until it's 50th. (MSEP is either retired or stays at Disneyland)
  4. WDW receives new night parade prior to it's 50th; no new night parade for it's 50th.
_______
From everything I've heard out of reliable sources WDW absolutely does not want to be without a night parade for more than 9-12 months. Loosing MSEP in early October is not ideal but still reasonably timed with many nights taken over by parties then the Christmas parade running during the day until 2017 and January/February being a "slow" season. It get's dodgy when Spring breaks start (but with Easter pretty late in 2017 they might luck out with later than typical vacations).

My semi-educated guess is WDW will have a hand-me-down/copied parade starting sometime around late March. I'd give it about 50/50 that it's PTN vs some other night parade.
What if we got a new parade now that was continuously updated with new tech, floats, etc. like Tokyo's Dreamlights and not wait for anniversaries as an excuse to hold off what should be regular rotations of in park entertainment?

Crazy, I know.

TTA94

The only way I want MSEP back at WDW in the future is if it gets brand new floats and the title of MSEP Dreamlights!

Now I'm actually starting to think if those old TDL Dreamlights floats might come into play... with some new floats and or copied from the existing version of Dreamlights.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Does anyone think WDW already has a plan in place and just keeping it very quiet for the time being? For example if they are bringing PTN over? Or are they still trying to figure it out?

I'd like to think this but everything that has been presented said this was a snap decision on the part of DL thus I think WDW was caught with their pants down. I honestly think they don't know what to do, especially if DL won't loan them PTN. I'm afraid that they'll simply do nothing.

doctornick

You guys keep speculating but I would honestly say you're getting PTN. I no I'm no reliable source but from what I have heard from cast member friends AND by just doing basic math, PTN almost seems to perfectly fit the narrative.

Yeah. At this point, I feel pretty confident that the plan is something like:
1. run FoF at night (non-party days obviously) after MSEP leaves in October until...
2. PTN ships to the east coast after the holdays and starts running in MK in early 2017
3. MK builds a new light parade for the 50th

The tea leaves seem to point to that and it is pretty consistent (I think) with what the insiders here have hinted. MSEP gets fixed up in California from Oct to Dec so that it is good to go whenever they want it (seasonally?) at DL and it would be a nostalgic counter balance to the reported Star Wars fireworks.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I don't know, just my opinion, but even in the press release, they're making it like they're pulling the plug to get more people to come to WDW before it ends.

I have no doubt about this re: attendance. They're practically begging people to come in the gates with these latest promotions and offers. I suspect they'll miss their Q4 numbers again and even with the holidays I'll be interested to see what their Q1 looks like for their FY17.

MagicHappens1971

Still can't top the marketing for MSEP's final year at Disneyland back in 1996 and how big of a deal it was to them.
DLBB_1a-725x356.jpg

DLBB_3a2-698x473.jpg

DLBB_6a-600x455.jpg

At least we got this for it's return back in 2010.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2010/05/summer-nightastic-logo-walt-disney-world1.jpg
If only it truly was the end of MSEP in 1996 :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom