Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

oceanbreeze77

You guys keep speculating but I would honestly say you're getting PTN. I no I'm no reliable source but from what I have heard from cast member friends AND by just doing basic math, PTN almost seems to perfectly fit the narrative.

TTA94

You guys keep speculating but I would honestly say you're getting PTN. I no I'm no reliable source but from what I have heard from cast member friends AND by just doing basic math, PTN almost seems to perfectly fit the narrative.

I do agree, I think WDW should get PTN until the 50th when they can introduce a brand new nighttime parade, and, hopefully by then, have the funding to do so. I would think they would want to save all the new stuff for the big 5 0.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

I do agree, I think WDW should get PTN until the 50th when they can introduce a brand new nighttime parade, and, hopefully by then, have the funding to do so. I would think they would want to save all the new stuff for the big 5 0.

WDW shouldn't get PTN. PTN is Disneyland's parade. WDW should build a new parade now. Who cares about the 50th? That's five years away.

WhatJaneSays

WDW shouldn't get PTN. PTN is Disneyland's parade. WDW should build a new parade now. Who cares about the 50th? That's five years away.
PTN is not really "Disneyland's parade", it's about 90% replica form Hong Kong's PTN. So it's a hand-me-down design already (which many people at the time of it's announcement were upset with).

WDW is getting a new parade that we know is scheduled for it's 50th, that hard date is very important in determining what is done in the interim years. Any night parade that is brought to WDW has a known limited time slot. It's relatively unlikely that a genuinely new night parade would be built for WDW to be replaced when the 50th rolls around; whereas a copied or transplanted parade is easier done.

There are multiple options dealing with what would be done within the context of MSEP's move to Disneyland. And also the relationship of likely night AND day parades for WDW's 50th.
  1. WDW goes sans night parade until it's 50th.
  2. WDW receives refurbed/coppied version of MSEP after Disneyland's run that plays until it's 50th.
  3. WDW receives refurbed/coppied version of some other night parade that plays until it's 50th. (MSEP is either retired or stays at Disneyland)
  4. WDW receives new night parade prior to it's 50th; no new night parade for it's 50th.
_______
From everything I've heard out of reliable sources WDW absolutely does not want to be without a night parade for more than 9-12 months. Loosing MSEP in early October is not ideal but still reasonably timed with many nights taken over by parties then the Christmas parade running during the day until 2017 and January/February being a "slow" season. It get's dodgy when Spring breaks start (but with Easter pretty late in 2017 they might luck out with later than typical vacations).

My semi-educated guess is WDW will have a hand-me-down/copied parade starting sometime around late March. I'd give it about 50/50 that it's PTN vs some other night parade.

wdwfan22

Something tells me that Walt Disney World will get Paint The Night in spring of 2017 which will run until the 50th anniversary. Then for the 50th anniversary a refurbished Main Street Electrical parade will return along with a new fireworks show.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Something tells me that Walt Disney World will get Paint The Night in spring of 2017 which will run until the 50th anniversary. Then for the 50th anniversary a refurbished Main Street Electrical parade will return along with a new fireworks show.

that would be acceptable to me...depending on what this MSEP "refurb" would be...I would want it to be entirely new, lol

kpilcher

[QUOTE="WhatJaneSays, post: 7363890, member: 50744"
WDW is getting a new parade that we know is scheduled for it's 50th"[/QUOTE]

Of course it just hit me that would be a *mere* 30 years since WDW's LAST new night parade debuted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom