Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure about that time @marni1971 may know that.
Could have been an upgrade to the system and guest complaints of it being to loud.
Top of my head, Spectro had an updated audio system compared to MSEP. It was also a lot more zone dependent, both on and off board PA. Pageant (parade control system) may also have been implemented around now but don't quote me.

aladdin2007

I understand your point but disneyland went YEARS without it. Disney doesn't really care if you're getting a good nighttime experience as long as they're still making a buck. At disneyland mainstreet was a place of suffocation, even without a nighttime parade. Revenue was still up and it was not a problem for disney.

Should WDW get a new parade? Yes. Will they? IDK but it sounds like right now as long as revenue is up thats all the matters, which pushes a new parade to the back burner.

this was posted on miceage I know we cant always take what they say as concrete but sounds like to save money of course, WDW gave up MSEP for rivers of light instead: here is a portion: and I just dont buy flat customer spending at WDW, I think someone is off, spending I thought was up no? but interesting notes.

But with strong attendance, and Fantasmic! and DCA’s parade route both closed until next summer, TDA was flummoxed with how to fill the gap without Paint The Night for six months. From a conversation on the weekly Bob Chapek video conference with all of his site chiefs came the realization in Anaheim that WDW needed to save money in the new 2017 fiscal year due to soft attendance and flat customer spending at the WDW property. And with Animal Kingdom’s long delayed and wildly over budget Rivers of Light show finally nearing completion for an October debut, WDW’s and DLR’s execs began to pencil out swapping the Electrical Parade for Rivers of Light.

With Disneyland picking up most of the tab of refurbishing the Electrical Parade floats and shipping them out to Anaheim, it was a bargain the WDW execs couldn’t pass up. And TDA figured it was a gimmick that the locals and AP’ers who make up at least half of the off-season demographic for Disneyland would enjoy. That nostalgia bet has yet to be validated though, and TDA will blanket Disneyland with CM’s from the Guest Research department to survey the crowds on whether or not the 45 year old Electrical Parade still holds up or just seems hokey compared to Paint The Night.

But don’t think those WDW execs wouldn’t love to get their hands on Anaheim’s Paint The Night as a cheap and easy way to offer a new parade in the future
, but thus far TDA has dug in its heels and refused that request. The newly autonomous executives in Anaheim finally have the direct report to the Parks Chairman without a senior executive middleman based in Orlando, so the appeal from Orlando has to go directly to Bob Chapek.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I guess I'm just wondering if anyone in Disney's BIG company could take money out of WDW'S budget and use it for some else like other parks around the world or TV Channels?

Disney DOES do this, WDW is a cash generating machine but nearly all of it is siphoned off and used elsewhere in the company. WDW acts broke because it IS BROKE.

oceanbreeze77

this was posted on miceage I know we cant always take what they say as concrete but sounds like to save money of course, WDW gave up MSEP for rivers of light instead: here is a portion: and I just dont buy flat customer spending at WDW, I think someone is off, spending I thought was up no? but interesting notes.
This article was very interesting and definitely takes us back to the "was this planned before RoL premiered?" argument. Maybe, but we'll never know

And what I was referring to in my original post is that people keep saying how this is going to harm the nighttime experience when in actuality, for disney, it will barely make a dent. Like I said disneyland survived and so will MK.

MagicHappens1971

From what it sounds like PTN will go down this fall for float repairs and such and then go down again next year to fix the big problems they have with the costumes and choreography.

It also sounds like TDA is holding on tight to PTN and not letting TDO take it.. However, and this is just my own thoughts, IF TDO really wants PTN they should make a deal with TDA that they will pay and fix the costuming issues themselves, since it's proving to be a big headache for TDA.
Nah. TDA knows how TDO treats parades, and I highly doubt they will let go of PTN as TDO no longer has a trump card after the "One Disney" split.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
For some reason it always feels like TDO and Anaheim are in competition with one another which to me is insane because if one falls behind so does the entire company's bottom line

Dollywood is far from Disney and could do ALOT OF THINGS to be way more efficient (I live relatively close so I visit there often) but they are putting 2.5mil into a Christmas holiday only parade so more power to them.

Maybe the gonzo toilets will open for the holidays at wdw tho?

brb1006

Here's concept art of the Dollyworld Christmas night Parade.
46c4F1m.jpg

jrhwdw

The last time a US amusement park tried it's own electrical parade was the Six Flags parks (Glow In The Park)

Magical Starlight Parade would do wonders for UOR and would give the kick WDW needs to get moving if there not already.....sure doesn't look like it.

Anything new on Magical Starlight? I know its done in USJ, is it still in Japan or did it get over to Orlando?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom