Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Cesar R M

I understand your point but disneyland went YEARS without it. Disney doesn't really care if you're getting a good nighttime experience as long as they're still making a buck. At disneyland mainstreet was a place of suffocation, even without a nighttime parade. Revenue was still up and it was not a problem for disney.

Should WDW get a new parade? Yes. Will they? IDK but it sounds like right now as long as revenue is up thats all the matters, which pushes a new parade to the back burner.
The irony is that now that attendance seems to be flat, instead of investing to attract people while star wars land opens. They cost cuts..

brb1006

MSEP opens at DL in January. The current plan is for it to run through the spring while PTN is reworked. PTN would then come back in the summer, possibly retiring MSEP for good.

TTA94

MSEP opens at DL in January. The current plan is for it to run through the spring while PTN is reworked. PTN would then come back in the summer, possibly retiring MSEP for good.

So strange. Why ship MSEP all the way out there for it to run a couple months then retire it? There was talk of DL refurbing MSEP... But again for what reason? Two light parades on property? Something is off on this whole thing. The only thing that does make sense is PTN needing some work.

oceanbreeze77

So strange. Why ship MSEP all the way out there for it to run a couple months then retire it? There was talk of DL refurbing MSEP... But again for what reason? Two light parades on property? Something is off on this whole thing. The only thing that does make sense is PTN needing some work.
Maybe you guys will get it back in the summer after disneyland refurbs it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Because it's a piece of Disney history which should be preserved WDW would simply scrap it.

brb1006

Well at least Tokyo Disneyland can still carry the torch of the original legacy of MSEP once it finally ends at Disneyland Resort for good next year after it's temporary run.

Biff215

Sounds silly but it belongs to DL and they need it while PtN is down. It's doubtful WDW had any choice on this one as let's be honest, they were happy to run it straight into the ground all the way to the 50th if they could. I'm guessing they'll fix it up as needed for the temporary run, which will allow it to be ready for a proper retirement in storage. I wish we could have heard that phone call when DL broke the news!

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20160903_212709.jpg
I really can't get enough of being here and this parade. I'm really going to miss it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom