Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

TTA94

If FOF is going twice a day any idea when this would start taking place? Right after MSEP leaves or next year?

And would they actually run FOF at night or more like dusk when it's not fully dark?

asianway

I wonder if the costumes wouldn't be AS BIG of an issue at TDO since the labor laws in Florida aren't as stringent as they are in California. While I understand they are still causing major issues for the performers (and I believe Disney should fix them regardless), I wonder if their rights to worker's comp, etc. would be less in FL than in CA. That being said, if it was the case, I could see TDO saying we'll take it and not actually fixing anything. But, I'm not a labor attorney so I don't know. Just a morning musing from my head.
Its not that the law is more stringent, its that payouts are higher in CA. Though, that would probably be offset by the disengaged teams in FL filing more claims...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So, no nighttime parade for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday crowds? Well, minus having to pay extra to attend a MNSSHP or MVMCP events, :)

and those aren't really electrical light parades... just parades that happen with the parade route lit up at night

hopefully we'll see something new next year... but I'm not holding my breath (but may be holding out on my next AP purchase)

Bocabear

LOL! So Dollywood can afford a light parade but WDW can't? Amazing.
It's an amazing time at WDW... They have been running the parks into the ground for the last decade, slowly shuttering attractions...and then act surprised that the attendance numbers have dipped... Now they will use the dipping attendance numbers to justify not spending more money to upgrade and enhance...meanwhile Dollywood will get a better parade, and Universal will continue to add more attractions. Very odd...

n2hifi

My sound system at home is crystal clear and louder then any of the parades. Get in touch Disney, bet I could do it for around 20 grand.
I hear this kind of thing a lot from potential customers. Truth is 20 grand is less than most entry level church sound systems and a 1/10th of the cost of systems in a decent sized venue. Those are all single rooms indoors. Heck 20 grand would barely cover the cost of the mixing console I mix on at my church every Sunday. A $1000 home stereo speaker wouldn't do much hanging from a pole outdoors. Unfortunately I have never had the chance to work on a project of that scale, but the number seems reasonable. JBL designed custom speakers for the parade route at Disney (we are using those boxes in in a few installations). Each speaker is a couple of thousand dollars and that doesn't include amplification, wiring, labor or signal processing.

DisneyDebRob

I hear this kind of thing a lot from potential customers. Truth is 20 grand is less than most entry level church sound systems and a 1/10th of the cost of systems in a decent sized venue. Those are all single rooms indoors. Heck 20 grand would barely cover the cost of the mixing console I mix on at my church every Sunday. A $1000 home stereo speaker wouldn't do much hanging from a pole outdoors. Unfortunately I have never had the chance to work on a project of that scale, but the number seems reasonable. JBL designed custom speakers for the parade route at Disney (we are using those boxes in in a few installations). Each speaker is a couple of thousand dollars and that doesn't include amplification, wiring, labor or signal processing.
It was meant as sarcasm. Thought everyone would know that. 20 grand-2 million, meaning it should cost a lot less.

TTA94

I don't know what SDLs plans are for a light parade, wouldn't surprise me if one was already in the works, but I wonder if it will be connected to WDW, like PTN was at HKDL to DL.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's an amazing time at WDW... They have been running the parks into the ground for the last decade, slowly shuttering attractions...and then act surprised that the attendance numbers have dipped... Now they will use the dipping attendance numbers to justify not spending more money to upgrade and enhance...meanwhile Dollywood will get a better parade, and Universal will continue to add more attractions. Very odd...

It's no surprise Iger HATES the parks but loves the money they generate so he starves the parks giving them just enough money to keep operating and generating cash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom