Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Cesar R M

Thanks for linking that article for us. It makes a lot of sense.

I'd always figured this weird MSEP strategy was connected to getting Disneyland through the winter until the big new version of Fantasmic! can debut next summer. Very interesting about all the work and rework that is needed on Paint The Night, and nice to hear Disneyland is committed to it.

But that still doesn't quite explain the strategy for WDW. They are losing a major night spectacular in their busiest park, and for what exactly??? Who the heck is making those decisions in TDO?
meh.. for me this was the most interesting of the entire article..

"Bob Chapek video conference with all of his site chiefs came the realization in Anaheim that WDW needed to save money in the new 2017 fiscal year due to soft attendance and flat customer spending at the WDW property."
As this demonstrated finally that these executive clowns are outpricing almost all groups of visitors? (plus sum the fact that there are hardly any meaningful additions these years to WDW)

MagicHappens1971

Interesting. It's not hard to guess that the Hong Kong version is suffering from the same problems the Anaheim version has. I wonder if both teams are working together on the solutions?
"Due to Special Event, “Disney Paint the Night” Parade will be suspended during Sep 4 – Nov 1, 2016."

GiveMeTheMusic

Interesting. It's not hard to guess that the Hong Kong version is suffering from the same problems the Anaheim version has. I wonder if both teams are working together on the solutions?

PTN is going down for their Halloween season, and will be getting some refurb love in that time. However, if they're having costume issues like DL is, it's unlikely we'll hear about it for various reasons.

TTA94

Well honestly if it's true MK needs a new sound system they may as well just upgrade it, if not for PTN then the new nighttime parade which I'm sure will require a upgrade sound system.

carolina_yankee

While this would require the capacity for WDW management to think strategically, is it possible the death of MSEP was intentional to boost nighttime attendance at AK? With Avatar still in construction and so-so reviews of the nighttime safari, would RoL be enough of a draw for the average guest on its own?

Dirk

MagicHappens1971

While this would require the capacity for WDW management to think strategically, is it possible the death of MSEP was intentional to boost nighttime attendance at AK? With Avatar still in construction and so-so reviews of the nighttime safari, would RoL be enough of a draw for the average guest on its own?

Dirk
MiceChats article makes it sound like TDA has been waiting for ROL to be ready so that they could have MSEP back. It seems like TDO knew they wanted it back, and they just told TDA to wait for ROL. They're related somehow

TTA94

MiceChats article makes it sound like TDA has been waiting for ROL to be ready so that they could have MSEP back. It seems like TDO knew they wanted it back, and they just told TDA to wait for ROL. They're related somehow

If that's true I hope it blows up in TDOs face. RoL may be popular but I'm pretty sure it's not going to appeal to everyone.

carolina_yankee

If that's true I hope it blows up in TDOs face. RoL may be popular but I'm pretty sure it's not going to appeal to everyone.
I could be patient with this if there were credible rumors of a new parade coming in the Spring giving that the holiday parties kill most MK nights anyway, but with nothing on the horizon I just have to shake my head that the MK is going dark in the evening.

I'm not even going to comment on the abysmal shape MSEP is in compared to when it ran in DCA during DL's 50th. Well, I guess I just did. :(

I can put up with a lot and never grumbled once over MM+, but the decimation of park entertainment from streetmosphere to parades compared to the West Cost offerings is just sad.

Dirk

jrhwdw

Again, there was NO talk of this back in March/April?!?!? Why is it an issue now????? I hope that this was NOT the plan all along! It shouldn't matter anyway, its two different parks. It should not be connected.
I want ROL succeed too but there shouldn't be a choice! It there was, why did they even bother with JB?!?!? Even this site would agree that MSEP is better than JB!

mikenatcity1

This feels like a reinvention or a rediscovery of itself- when DCA was going through that, it felt similar to me...with construction recently completed on the Hub, Fantasyland and a great deal or work in Tomorrowland, topped off by a great deal of work at AK/DHS (and a lot of rumored at EPCOT), it almost seems like they are taking things down and may eventually bring them back...

I could be the optimist here and may get in trouble for saying it...maybe it's the little voice in my head hoping that there is a method to the madness going on at one of my favorite places to go :)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What is crazy is there used to be a parade at DHS , DAK and 2 at MK. Now we will have just one parade period. Heck, right now DHS could really use a parade to make up for the lack of everything. It is just sad how much entertainment WDW has lost in the last 5 years.

Epcot used to have a parade as well... sad times now (granted Epcot and DAK really didn't have a good setup for parades, but they made it work)

TTA94

From what it sounds like PTN will go down this fall for float repairs and such and then go down again next year to fix the big problems they have with the costumes and choreography.

It also sounds like TDA is holding on tight to PTN and not letting TDO take it.. However, and this is just my own thoughts, IF TDO really wants PTN they should make a deal with TDA that they will pay and fix the costuming issues themselves, since it's proving to be a big headache for TDA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom