Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Well, IDK if this is the true story but, we got a story from MC's DL Rumor Update today: http://micechat.com/136176-miceage-...aign=miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-monorail
I can see DL wanting MSEP since F!, PPP will be down and there's been big attentance because of the 60th. It looks like PTN really needs a break. It's nice to see TDA being committed to a light parade again(Been a while before the 60th!!!) I Love PTN but I'm a little surprised it has gotten higher ratings than F! and MSEP.

However I don't think TDO has to choose between MSEP and ROL! There's was no talk of that before ROL was delayed! I think they should have both: ROL and something in MSEP's place. Hopefully MK will think of something. MC didn't mention MSEP going in the warehouse when PTN comes back, so who knows about that.
One more thought: What happens if MSEP is a hit at DL next Winter??????

Bocabear

One more thought: What happens if MSEP is a hit at DL next Winter??????
They have had that tired parade a few times already...the chances of it being a "hit" are nil...it will be a nice filler when they would otherwise be dark...but after Paint The Night, it will not be a "hit"...and if it is, I hope they keep it forever so we can move forward and get something new...maybe all new just for Orlando for a change....

DrewmanS

20 million for a sound system?!? I'm not saying that this isn't a number that Disney might have given somewhere at sometime and I'm certainly no expert in sound systems, but 20 million?!? Just seems like such a huge number... like when you hear stories of the federal government invoicing a plunger for several hundreds of dollars. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the cost to install a professional sound system can correct me, but I would think (even for a top of the line system) that you would only have to spend somewhere between 1/2 and 1/4 that amount of money given the length of the parade route at MK...

I have no idea if that number is right, but I would imagine the cost of upgrading a system is based more on the technology and installation than the components. You have to sync the sound with the floats, but also across the parade route. You'd also have to sync the sound between speakers so it is balance like surround sound and not an echo chamber. It's not like installing a home audio system with 1000 speakers that play the same output. It's like coordinating 1000 individual sound systems playing slightly different tracks triggered by an external event (floats) all in coordination with each other.

mikenatcity1

Well, IDK if this is the true story but, we got a story from MC's DL Rumor Update today: http://micechat.com/136176-miceage-...aign=miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-monorail
I can see DL wanting MSEP since F!, PPP will be down and there's been big attentance because of the 60th. It looks like PTN really needs a break. It's nice to see TDA being committed to a light parade again(Been a while before the 60th!!!) I Love PTN but I'm a little surprised it has gotten higher ratings than F! and MSEP.

However I don't think TDO has to choose between MSEP and ROL! There's was no talk of that before ROL was delayed! I think they should have both: ROL and something in MSEP's place. Hopefully MK will think of something. MC didn't mention MSEP going in the warehouse when PTN comes back, so who knows about that.

If that is true, it's interesting- I didn't know that there were issues like that with the costumes and what not.
The part about DL not wanting to give it up makes sense. And, if they own both parades, I think it's perfectly fair to keep them- let WDW foot the bill for one and actually do something for it's guests that's semi-original instead of robbing from another park.

oceanbreeze77

SOOO it does turn out that ROL and MSEP are related....:geek:

oceanbreeze77

If that is true, it's interesting- I didn't know that there were issues like that with the costumes and what not.
The part about DL not wanting to give it up makes sense. And, if they own both parades, I think it's perfectly fair to keep them- let WDW foot the bill for one and actually do something for it's guests that's semi-original instead of robbing from another park.
It is a HUGE problem. More girls have quit than any other parade.

TTA94

Despite what some have been saying, and time will tell.. But I feel we should not rule out PTN just yet for WDW. Disney left it open with PTNs future. All they said was PTN will be going down until the holidays. They said At This Time there is no plans to bring PTN to WDW... Which honestly I can see why they wouldn't announce PTN coming to WDW just yet as they want to focus on PTN returning for the Holiday Season at DL. Beyond that they sure didn't say PTN was staying, which is interesting.

I'm not saying our insiders are lying. At this time they may very well have been told PTN Is not leaving... But I am pretty sure IF PTN is planned to come to WDW it's being kept very quiet for the time being and until it's return to DL for the holiday season. But again, time will tell how this plays out.

Last edited:

Bocabear

I am pretty sure TWDC can afford to build a parade specifically for the Magic Kingdom...Hard to believe they have even considered trading parades...especially when we know that parade will be around forever... like the MSEP... It is odd that SpectroMagic was destroyed...Especially seeing how there are other floats that practically go back to the park opening and are still being dragged out (I am looking at YOU blue acrylic castle float!)...I get it, Parades are not cheap...but neither are tickets, food, and hotel rooms at Walt Disney World.....

DisneyDebRob

20 million for a sound system?!? I'm not saying that this isn't a number that Disney might have given somewhere at sometime and I'm certainly no expert in sound systems, but 20 million?!? Just seems like such a huge number... like when you hear stories of the federal government invoicing a plunger for several hundreds of dollars. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the cost to install a professional sound system can correct me, but I would think (even for a top of the line system) that you would only have to spend somewhere between 1/2 and 1/4 that amount of money given the length of the parade route at MK...
My sound system at home is crystal clear and louder then any of the parades. Get in touch Disney, bet I could do it for around 20 grand.

TP2000

I can see DL wanting MSEP since F!, PPP will be down and there's been big attentance because of the 60th. It looks like PTN really needs a break.

Thanks for linking that article for us. It makes a lot of sense.

I'd always figured this weird MSEP strategy was connected to getting Disneyland through the winter until the big new version of Fantasmic! can debut next summer. Very interesting about all the work and rework that is needed on Paint The Night, and nice to hear Disneyland is committed to it.

But that still doesn't quite explain the strategy for WDW. They are losing a major night spectacular in their busiest park, and for what exactly??? Who the heck is making those decisions in TDO?

MagicHappens1971

Thanks for linking that article for us. It makes a lot of sense.

I'd always figured this weird MSEP strategy was connected to getting Disneyland through the winter until the big new version of Fantasmic! can debut next summer. Very interesting about all the work and rework that is needed on Paint The Night, and nice to hear Disneyland is committed to it.

But that still doesn't quite explain the strategy for WDW. They are losing a major night spectacular in their busiest park, and for what exactly??? Who the heck is making those decisions in TDO?
"And with Animal Kingdom’s long delayed and wildly over budget Rivers of Light show finally nearing completion for an October debut, WDW’s and DLR’s execs began to pencil out swapping the Electrical Parade for Rivers of Light." Don't know how much truth there is behind it, but thats what micechats article says.

Cesar R M

There is offsite storage for the parades. (I believe)
If PTN is getting refurbed i would think that it would also be offsite. That would free up onsite parade storage. Also this isnt a full parade. Expect them to use multi-purpose floats as well. EX: castle Float at MK.
Im here baffled not believing how they still have the darn castle float.

jrhwdw

perhaps that is the reason they dont want to pay another upgrade.

The current system (albeit not compatible with PTN) is still "too new" to replace, thus no PTN.
Thing is, why is FOF's sound system tooo old for PTN? There's only 14 months between the opening dates Do Sound systems grow old really fast these days??

Anyone know if HKDL is having the same costume problems DL is having with PTN?

Cesar R M

Thing is, why is FOF's sound system tooo old for PTN? There's only 14 months between the opening dates Do Sound systems grow old really fast these days??

Anyone know if HKDL is having the same costume problems DL is having with PTN?
They could be if the technology needed for PTN is newer or needs something else (because PTN is a nightparade with lots of light effects and stops, FOF doesn't have any of these)

It's a designated national monument.
And here I imagined the eagle 'murrica MSEP float was the monument one..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom