Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Just makes me wonder if the unit will be coming from Florida or a brand-new one, then, if it is from Florida, what's replacing it there. Stuff gets me curious is all.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't HM's float in Boo To You the old veranda float from the Easter Parade? Would DL have one as well?

Where is DL going to put all these Parades????

I do wonder if it's a mistake not to put Mickey and friends in the parade. I know they weren't in the film parades of the 90's.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't HM's float in Boo To You the old veranda float from the Easter Parade? Would DL have one as well?

Where is DL going to put all these Parades????

I do wonder if it's a mistake not to put Mickey and friends in the parade. I know they weren't in the film parades of the 90's.
There is offsite storage for the parades. (I believe)
If PTN is getting refurbed i would think that it would also be offsite. That would free up onsite parade storage. Also this isnt a full parade. Expect them to use multi-purpose floats as well. EX: castle Float at MK.

TTA94

There is offsite storage for the parades. (I believe)
If PTN is getting refurbed i would think that it would also be offsite. That would free up onsite parade storage. Also this isnt a full parade. Expect them to use multi-purpose floats as well. EX: castle Float at MK.

I thought PTN was getting refurbed before the holiday season?

TTA94

The ending section of PTN reminds me of what a updated SpectroMagic could have been. For that reason I wish PTN would come to WDW.

Michael-DVC

I know people don't believe people without credible sources they can share or unless it comes from Disney so by all means my info with a grain of salt.

PTN is staying at DL as WDW did not want to shell out the 20 million to upgrade the new sound system that is needed for PTN. DL had to do this as well before PTN debut which did have many weeks of sound issues. With that being said MSEP will be at DL for a limited time after a refurbishment. I hope it's a big enough budget to fix the float issues that WDW did not fix or repair such as the movement of Elliot's tail. After its run at DL it will be stored in the DL Float Warehouse. It has enough space for it.

Right now there's no plans for a new nighttime parade for WDW.

WDW needs a new nighttime parade and right now it isn't a priority.

brb1006

I know people don't believe people without credible sources they can share or unless it comes from Disney so by all means my info with a grain of salt.

PTN is staying at DL as WDW did not want to shell out the 20 million to upgrade the new sound system that is needed for PTN. DL had to do this as well before PTN debut which did have many weeks of sound issues. With that being said MSEP will be at DL for a limited time after a refurbishment. I hope it's a big enough budget to fix the float issues that WDW did not fix or repair such as the movement of Elliot's tail. After its run at DL it will be stored in the DL Float Warehouse. It has enough space for it.

And bring back the Dumbo section
dep_hippo1.jpg

oceanbreeze77

Do you know how long DL's run of MSEP will be?

jrhwdw

Disappointing! Wouldn't FOF's sound upgrades be enough for PTN? Didn't MK upgrade the sound for FOF? Any plans for FOF at night?

I wonder how long MSEP will be in DL's warehouse before it rots, destroyed or used again.

jrhwdw

Disappointing!!! Wouldn't FOF's sound upgrades be enough for PTN? Didn't MK upgrade the sound for FOF? Any plans for FOF at night?

I wonder how long MSEP will be in DL's warehouse before it rots, destroyed or used again.

ToTBellHop

Not entirely true. There are plans for a new parade, although you are right that it's not a priority. Haven't heard anything about it being accelerated ahead of the 50th, which is quite unfortunate.

mikenatcity1

I wonder if it will be a sort of Boo To You 2.0 as the dancers in the picture look the same and the float in the background similar. I wonder if WDW will ever get new party parades, in the near future.

I believe the picture is from Boo to You as the halloween decorations in DL do not look like that :) But, it sounds like some of the floats could very well be similar to Boo to You...

TTA94

Disappointing!!! Wouldn't FOF's sound upgrades be enough for PTN? Didn't MK upgrade the sound for FOF? Any plans for FOF at night?

Yes I thought MK did upgrade their sound system for FOF?

jrhwdw

Well, IDK if this is the true story but, we got a story from MC's DL Rumor Update today: http://micechat.com/136176-miceage-...aign=miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-monorail
I can see DL wanting MSEP since F!, PPP will be down and there's been big attentance because of the 60th. It looks like PTN really needs a break. It's nice to see TDA being committed to a light parade again(Been a while before the 60th!!!) I Love PTN but I'm a little surprised it has gotten higher ratings than F! and MSEP.

However I don't think TDO has to choose between MSEP and ROL! There's was no talk of that before ROL was delayed! I think they should have both: ROL and something in MSEP's place. Hopefully MK will think of something. MC didn't mention MSEP going in the warehouse when PTN comes back, so who knows about that.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
...shell out the 20 million to upgrade the new sound system that is needed for PTN...

20 million for a sound system?!? I'm not saying that this isn't a number that Disney might have given somewhere at sometime and I'm certainly no expert in sound systems, but 20 million?!? Just seems like such a huge number... like when you hear stories of the federal government invoicing a plunger for several hundreds of dollars. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the cost to install a professional sound system can correct me, but I would think (even for a top of the line system) that you would only have to spend somewhere between 1/2 and 1/4 that amount of money given the length of the parade route at MK...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom