Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

SweetDuffy101

Sounds like the idea of night parades in general were targeted as a great way to significantly reduce ongoing OpEx. Stop doing daily and move to 'special event' reasoning for night parades. I'm sure thinning all that labor would be a huge savings. The question becomes is how do you staff stuff that runs in such short periods like this on a recurring basis.[/QUOTEThe H

This hasnt been announced yet by the parks page but, This year HKDL Haunted Halloween is set to debut a new Day/Night halloween parade plus a new fireworks show to cater the event plus a projection mapping halloween show is set to debut this year. and the new parade will have the same performers as PTN at HKDL.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This hasnt been announced yet by the parks page but, This year HKDL Haunted Halloween is set to debut a new Day/Night halloween parade plus a new fireworks show to cater the event plus a projection mapping halloween show is set to debut this year. and the new parade will have the same performers as PTN at HKDL.

So are you trying to say that they may send the HKDL PTN parade to WDW?

tirian

The difference with DL and WDW- DL takes attractions down routinely to do refurbs while WDW may wait years (take Dinosaur or PotC). DL also caters mostly to passholders while WDW caters more to tourists, people that may only see a Disney park 1 time in their life. While I love WDW, the quality of attractions at DL is superior. It appears they take better care of their toys.
I see a lot of people say that, but every time I'm in California, the parks don't seem to be particularly better maintained than the WDW ones right now. I'd argue that none of the domestic Disney parks are held to the standards of the 80s and early 90s.

COProgressFan

I see a lot of people say that, but every time I'm in California, the parks don't seem to be particularly better maintained than the WDW ones right now. I'd argue that none of the domestic Disney parks are held to the standards of the 80s and early 90s.

I think everyone could agree that the heyday of maintenance, both for WDW and DL, is long gone.

I haven't been out to DL in a couple years, so I can't comment on recent conditions, but at the very least it seems like they have gotten upgrades in tech and effects in many of the rides that WDW just doesn't get. While they've upgraded most of their FL rides, have the new effects in Big Thunder, and did their Space refurb a decade ago, Florida is still stuck with a tin foil volcano in Peter Pan and a creaky Space Mountain with a couple of speakers thumping techno music.

TTA94

Is it possible the MNSSHP and MVMCP lighting along the parade route could become a permanent thing for FOF to run at night? Although that lighting, on MSUSA, mostly lights up the buildings rather than the street.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sounds like the idea of night parades in general were targeted as a great way to significantly reduce ongoing OpEx. Stop doing daily and move to 'special event' reasoning for night parades. I'm sure thinning all that labor would be a huge savings. The question becomes is how do you staff stuff that runs in such short periods like this on a recurring basis.

Yes but that bit of OPEX is part of the reason why people come to the US Disney parks.

brb1006

I think everyone could agree that the heyday of maintenance, both for WDW and DL, is long gone.

I haven't been out to DL in a couple years, so I can't comment on recent conditions, but at the very least it seems like they have gotten upgrades in tech and effects in many of the rides that WDW just doesn't get. While they've upgraded most of their FL rides, have the new effects in Big Thunder, and did their Space refurb a decade ago, Florida is still stuck with a tin foil volcano in Peter Pan and a creaky Space Mountain with a couple of speakers thumping techno music.
And the SM music for WDW is easy to miss.

NearTheEars

They could install something similar to the lighting towers used at the shanghai, hong kong, and california resorts.
rV0o9WL.jpg

Then they could run any of the day parades without needing a separate night parade. Which could save them money from having to design a night parade replacement. Disneyland has been doing this since Light Magic failed.

Light poles are a hot topic around here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom