Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So, it appears that...
PTN: Not coming.
Dreamlights: Not coming.
Fantilusion: Unlikely.

Festival of Fantasty after dark is looking more and more likely. Ugh.

You forgot the most likely option of all, NO parade at night, WDW has one other problem with parades, They interfere with people SHOPPING. While watching the parade people are not in the stores making the cash registers hum. And especially with a retail guy like Chapek at the helm that is definitely a factor in the night time parade going away.

peter11435

You forgot the most likely option of all, NO parade at night, WDW has one other problem with parades, They interfere with people SHOPPING. While watching the parade people are not in the stores making the cash registers hum. And especially with a retail guy like Chapek at the helm that is definitely a factor in the night time parade going away.
Give it up....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Give it up....

Why? Truth hurting since WDW is closing down attractions and entertainment like mad with no announced replacements. The relentless cutbacks will not stop until a large enough number of people say I'm taking my money elsewhere which in itself could have unintended consequences,

Iger tried to sell WDW once back in 2007 to Prince Alaweed, Nothing preventing him from trying again perhaps this time to Wanda or Shendi instead of Prince Alaweed.

Unlike pixie dusters I see WDW as a business unit (one which I've enjoyed for 3 decades) not as part of my identity.

GiveMeTheMusic

It's not a rush because the parade even if it has been designed has not been FUNDED and without funding nothing happens and right now cutbacks are the order of the day not ordering NEW entertainment.

I think there's a possible culture shift happening here. Chapek is new to theme parks and as a merch guy he's forcing IP. But he's also not deaf, dumb or blind and he knows that TDA does it better. That's why he's shipping WDW execs to Anaheim to relearn their jobs. It would not surprise me if Chapek encouraged a new parade for WDW. Kalogridis knows what's up - he knows a new parade would be the best way forward.

I'm getting optimistic about a new light parade for MK. Hopefully the stars align and they make the right call here.

Last edited:

peter11435

Why? Truth hurting since WDW is closing down attractions and entertainment like mad with no announced replacements. The relentless cutbacks will not stop until a large enough number of people say I'm taking my money elsewhere which in itself could have unintended consequences,

Iger tried to sell WDW once back in 2007 to Prince Alaweed, Nothing preventing him from trying again perhaps this time to Wanda or Shendi instead of Prince Alaweed.

Unlike pixie dusters I see WDW as a business unit (one which I've enjoyed for 3 decades) not as part of my identity.
I'm not blind. I know what's going on and unlike you I can separate truth from delusional opinions.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

Personally I'd love it if he'd sell it to the Oriental Land Company. That's just me though.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I love TDO/WDW for what they are but if they could get OLC over here,,,That would be the biggest BOOM to entertainment in Orlando's history!

If for some reason they sold it to OLC there would never be any doubt that Universal would always be #2. The money they'd put into MK alone would be crazy.

wdwfan22

That is so far from the truth. The parades don't have any effect on shopping. Cutting a parade isn't going to make people go into the stores either. I don't know why you continue to come up with these delusional statements and try and present them as facts.

Ag11gani

If for some reason they sold it to OLC there would never be any doubt that Universal would always be #2. The money they'd put into MK alone would be crazy.

Thag would be great but I wonder if they would stuggle with the size of the resort. I mean if they were to do seasonal events all year and 4 parks well. And OLC dosn't really expand too much and I wonder if OLC owned WDW for the last 10 years would we get Avatar, TSL and SWL.

jakeman

That is so far from the truth. The parades don't have any effect on shopping. Cutting a parade isn't going to make people go into the stores either. I don't know why you continue to come up with these delusional statements and try and present them as facts.
Performance art.

PREMiERdrum

If anything, it gives them one fewer smattering of people to hawk glowsticks and lightup doodads to...

jrhwdw

Thag would be great but I wonder if they would stuggle with the size of the resort. I mean if they were to do seasonal events all year and 4 parks well. And OLC dosn't really expand too much and I wonder if OLC owned WDW for the last 10 years would we get Avatar, TSL and SWL.
I think OLC focuses more on entertainment than attractions. so who knows? TDL and TDS is being expanded. How long did it for OLC to get there, IDK. Are they any faster with construction IDK, I know it took from Halloween-Easter for TDS to work on their new Harbor Stages.

Does OLC have any hand in USJ? I've always thought that if USJ's entertainment comes to orlando, WDW needs to watch out!

Ag11gani

I think OLC focuses more on entertainment than attractions. so who knows? TDL and TDS is being expanded. How long did it for OLC to get there, IDK. Are they any faster with construction IDK, I know it took from Halloween-Easter for TDS to work on their new Harbor Stages.

Does OLC have any hand in USJ? I've always thought that if USJ's entertainment comes to orlando, WDW needs to watch out!

Is USJ even owned by UNI, it's owned by OLC, but if USJ is so successful (6th in the world i think) you would think they would do it over in Orlando.

ABQ

Was just thinking the same thing @mnelson3 , the only excuse I can come up with is cost savings? Though, the electric parade does run less frequently from October on, does it not, with Halloween and Christmas parties taking place so many nights till the end of the year?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Have you heard anything yet as to why MSEP is ending before a replacement is ready? And just at the start of the 45th? Was this really planned all along?
It wasn't planned.

It seems the PTNs need work doing. As does MSEP. With Disneyland's lesser evening offerings something was needed to plug the gap. They get a nightly parade. WDW has nightly fireworks. But I'm still trying to join the dots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom