Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Ag11gani

PTN coming wouldn't be a total surprise, but not yet.

The original plan was a brand new purpose built night parade in 2021. There was some thought in accelerating this plan; if that's happening I don't know.

Do you know if the plans for the parde would be on par with something like, oh I don't know, Dreamlights?

Sped2424

So is tokyo getting a new parade and we are getting their dreamlights? If so that would be such a plus lol As sad as that is their scraps is better than our best foot forward.

Donaldfan1934

Once again the Electrical Parade has taken down 2 parades, one extremely successful and one parade that in my opinion has failed. I don't think Paint the night is cutting it and the maintenance is probably starting to add up with hat technology and style lighting. They did it right at Tokyo with their electrical parade. with all the down time the Electrical Parade has I have a feeling the Main Street Electrical Parade is going to have some very similar improvements. Heres a mid summer crowd for Paint the Night, they also appear to be having some issues with the parade.
You can't compare Dreamlights to the original MSEP from a technical standpoint. Dreamlights is 15 years and most of the floats have been changed out since then. In MSEP's case, however, the parade is 40 years old and so is every float in it with the exception of the 2009 Tinkerbell float. If any maintenance team is able to fix that parade, I'll be beyond amazed.

Last edited:

JWG

I get we're all about cuts and eliminating cost, but I don't for a minute believe that the MK will not have a nighttime parade or some equivalent replacement. It's the showpiece of WDW (MK not a nighttime parade).

jrhwdw

First time for everything.

Night or electrical parade?

Don't say that martin! Hopefully MK has some sort of plan.
No. To my knowledge the only time it didn't have a nighttime parade was between it's opening in 1971 and 1977.
Looking online, for those they just did the day parade at 9PM along with the afternoon performance, So it;s not like they haven't done this before Hopefully we'll get something like this for the time being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom