Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I get we're all about cuts and eliminating cost, but I don't for a minute believe that the MK will not have a nighttime parade or some equivalent replacement. It's the showpiece of WDW (MK not a nighttime parade).

As long as people keep visiting and more importantly PAYING WDW for the diminished experience the cuts will continue. The object in business is to minimize the value given for the amount paid as long as people continue to pay at current rates Disney will continue to cut things like the nighttime parades as for Disney there is no IMMEDIATE downside other than the guests will consider Disney a 'one and done' not like us who have visited again and again for years and crossing generations.

Sped2424

Could you re-load the image?
tumblr_inline_oby16hqB2C1qbujt4_540.png

jpeden

In the Parks
No
And Tokyo Disneyland just announced today yet another "renewal" of the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights adding a Frozen float, the return of an enhanced Beauty and the Beast float and some additions/enhancements to the Cinderella unit.

This is for July 2017.

Well we can throw the rumor of it coming to WDW in the dumpster with whatever is left of Spectromagic. It was fun while it lasted.

asianway

And Tokyo Disneyland just announced today yet another "renewal" of the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights adding a Frozen float, the return of an enhanced Beauty and the Beast float and some additions/enhancements to the Cinderella unit.

This is for July 2017.
We were never getting Dreamlights...unless they've been saving their old floats

Mike S

This is for July 2017.
This here is the kind of stuff that puts Tokyo on top. They may have been in just as deep of a new ride drought as WDW but they still freshen up and/or maintain nearly everything.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
it baffles me that they seem likely to run without an electrical light parade of some kind at the MK after MSEP ends. Sure maybe something comes down the road... but still a period of time with nothing at all is surprising. Then again, they probably look at this like a cost saving measure and people will still flock...they'll just raise prices a little more here and there to offset the drop in crowds and tada....magical stock prices *sigh*

jrhwdw

This is for July 2017.
Well, first of all good for TDL!!!!
Now that's out of the way, this keeps getting weirder! With this 2017 update, not only does this confirm Dreamlights' place in TDL, but it also doesn't address the concept art i quoted! I figured the next update would be that or a new parade if that's not Dreamlights in the art. Where's the art going???

I think Fanti is out because I think DLP used some of their floats for their Halloween and Christmas celebrations. IDK how many floats they used though.
What;s Next?!?!?! Hopefully a plan from MK!

You have to hand it to TDR/OLC and TWDC, TDEP Dreamlights and MSEP keeps going and going and going........

Crazydisneyfanluke

Well, first of all good for TDL!!!!
Now that's out of the way, this keeps getting weirder! With this 2017 update, not only does this confirm Dreamlights' place in TDL, but it also doesn't address the concept art i quoted! I figured the next update would be that or a new parade if that's not Dreamlights in the art. Where's the art going???

I think Fanti is out because I think DLP used some of their floats for their Halloween and Christmas celebrations. IDK how many floats they used though.
What;s Next?!?!?! Hopefully a plan from MK!

You have to hand it to TDR/OLC and TWDC, TDEP Dreamlights and MSEP keeps going and going and going........
Its not conecpt art. Its an advertisment for a Phone company.

TTA94

I still think PTN will end up coming to WDW next year. Disney did not say PTN was staying after the holidays. They did say PTNs future is unknown at this time. Why would DL run PTN and MSEP? That makes no sense. But, we shall see.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

I still think PTN will end up coming to WDW next year. Disney did not say PTN was staying after the holidays. They did say PTNs future is unknown at this time. Why would DL run PTN and MSEP? That makes no sense. But, we shall see.

I honestly think, and maybe someone else can eventually verify this... Disney didn't have a full plan in place at the end of the 60th, they knew Paint the Night needed downtime... To work on if, refurb etc... But once they saw the backlash over the parade being listed as "ending" a mad scramble happened... Because you see, Disneyland park itself hadn't had a proper night parade in many years and they knew full well that once locals got one back, they weren't going to take it lightly no longer having one...

Now that "one Disney" has ended, I think Disneyland just said, "Hey Florida... We need our parade back so we can refurb our other parade... And it's ours.. So you have until October." Now it seems Disneyland keeps a night parade, ends the backlash that was happening. Can run MSEP in January and then have a summer date to return Paint the Night after refurb, win-win for them... Especially after the ToT drama.

SweetDuffy101

Well,there is still a chance of a new night parade at the Magic Kingdom. The entertainment offerings of the park is going one new show at a time like for example Fof , the New halloween show, and the new christmas show. eventually we will have new fireworks shows and more shows to offer. Disney this days Doesn't want any leaks happening right now. we just have to be patient.

TTA94

There will be. At the moment late spring at the earliest, if it's approved and rushed through. Which so far as I know it isn't.

I'm all for MK getting its own brand new parade but I'd rather them bring PTN over and spend time building a really amazing parade rather than rushing through it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom