Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

PREMiERdrum

As of last week I was categorically told no PTN to WDW in the near future. Further away is possible but is not planned.

Have you heard any of what *is* coming? And can you offer any insight intimate the seemingly rushed nature of the change? Articos hinted at it, but it was never clarified.

Bacon

4133328.jpg

SteamboatJoe

I hope whatever the plan is for next year is rolled out in the next few months. I have been considering going down in late April or early May 2017. A downsized Hollywood Studios wasn't going to be a deal breaker since what was removed was mostly stuff I never cared about doing or hadn't done in a long time but if Avatarland is not opened yet and MK has no night time parade on top of it, makes me wonder if I shouldn't just hold off entirely. The only problem is the wife and I are thinking of starting a family in the near future so if we don't go soon, it will probably be several years before we try again as we have both agreed that neither of us is crazy about going with a infant or toddler.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Once again the Electrical Parade has taken down 2 parades, one extremely successful and one parade that in my opinion has failed. I don't think Paint the night is cutting it and the maintenance is probably starting to add up with hat technology and style lighting. They did it right at Tokyo with their electrical parade. with all the down time the Electrical Parade has I have a feeling the Main Street Electrical Parade is going to have some very similar improvements. Heres a mid summer crowd for Paint the Night, they also appear to be having some issues with the parade.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's been said that the MSEP currently running is in fact the one from DL and that the WDW one is pretty much MIA. What if Disney is giving our original parade, wherever it is and if it's even salvageable, the Dreamlights treatment?

The original units from WDW were sent to DLP and after it's end of run there the WDW units were scrapped. The units currently at WDW belong to DL where they are returning.

PREMiERdrum

I don't think Paint the night is cutting it and the maintenance is probably starting to add up with hat technology and style lighting.
Actually, the LED curtain and LED strand tech in PTN is incredibly low maintenance and fairly easy to keep in good working order. The amount of time it's actually fired up and running daily is comparatively miniscule when looking at more mainstream installations of the same tech.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But do they have to do something? Of course we all expect a replacement whether new or old, but what if WDW is thinking about all that money they'll be saving every night?

I sincerely hope this isn't the case and want to believe they have a plan, it's just harder to trust them these days. As I said earlier, other parades have been cut in recent years with no replacements.

All WDW is thinking about is how much MONEY they will save by not running a nightly parade and those crowds will be SHOPPING instead of looking for a place to sit. In reality many of them will just head back to the resort instead or even worse head up I-4 and spend money at Citywalk

WDW is seen basically as a mall with a cover charge, Space is evaluated on sales per square foot these days not as places to create magic, Parades remove as Disney sees it at least 2 hours per parade of 'shopping' time for the average guest.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Actually, the LED curtain and LED strand tech in PTN is incredibly low maintenance and fairly easy to keep in good working order. The amount of time it's actually fired up and running daily is comparatively miniscule when looking at more mainstream installations of the same tech.

Agreed but what if Disney cheaped out on the chassis for the floats since this was a 'limited' time parade and it's now the vehicles which are breaking down not the effects systems?

GiveMeTheMusic

Two month old info, but best Ive heard is Dreamlights.

While it would certainly be a lovely change, it doesn't make sense on the surface. Why would OLC give Disney its light parade when just last summer it added new units and rebuilt others? The only reason they'd be willing to do that would be if they were planning to replace Dreamlights with a new light parade right away, which seems unlikely given their 2015 investment in Dreamlights.

We should be so lucky to get Dreamlights or a copy of it - it's really amazing.

TTA94

I wonder what TDL did with the Dreamlights floats that's were swapped out for new ones? The bugs in the Alice section never returned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom