Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Sped2424

I get your point but then no one knew about Elena's Castle Show, and SW AGS(I think, could be wrong) I know there was no talk of CTS being done before Most Merriest came on the blog.
tons of people knew elena was getting a show the minute they started listing job ads for it long before they announced the show. The only issue was where, also star wars also was hinted at if I recall.

JohnD

I am surprised DIE HARD Disney fans didn't pick up on what I am about to say...

MSEP ends in October...Magic Kingdom's 45th Anniversary will start in October...so would it be obvious that MK will get a 45 Years of Magic Parade!? And then a permanent parade October 2017!?

Would make more sense if MSEP ended 9/30 and a new parade started 10/1, the actual date of the 45th anniversary. I have nothing to back it up but my guess is they'll wait until the 50th in 2021.

JohnD

I would think the same thing, brb1006, but searching past parades, it seems they had a parade for every other 5 yr anniversary...why not 45!?

AJH219...MAYBE they aren't building a NEW parade, but rehabbing a few floats and adding some 45th anniversary signage? Most of the parades are the same floats, unless specifically themed like Fantasy of Flight! Just thinking! But Maybe Disney IS being secretive and going to surprised fans with a new parade for MK for 45th or Permanent!? Maybe they were threatened if they leaked any details, they would be fired on the spot and no more cheese!?

I like your optimism. Keep it up!

JustInTime

Original Poster
Sorry guys, if there was a new parade about to debut, our insiders would be all over it. Marni stated that there are plans for a new parade, but not for a few years. I just dont think we will see anything new for a while.
They have also stated that plans can change and that something should be announced but starting in 2017. It may not be a totally new parade but they have to do something...right?! Lol

jrhwdw

The very reliable dznycharacterinsider on Twitter is hinting at Marvel and Star Wars will be added to MSEP.

Disappointing but not surprising in the least.

Forgive me if I'm being naive but, can they make floats look like old school MSEP anymore? IDK how far building has come in 44 years. You would think Marvel and SW would go in PTN instead of MSEP.

On the brighter side if is this true and confirmed/announced, I don't see MSEP stopping when F! comes back and PTN's fate gets even more curious.

SosoDude

They have also stated that plans can change and that something should be announced but starting in 2017. It may not be a totally new parade but they have to do something...right?! Lol
Oh, sure. I strictly meant that I wouldn't expect to see something new once the holidays are over, or that Disney has some "secret" parade set back stage somewhere....

wdrive

Anyone remember the Peter Pan float from Tokyo's Jubilation getting sent to Anaheim? I wonder if this has any place in whatever is happening.

lazyboy97o

Forgive me if I'm being naive but, can they make floats look like old school MSEP anymore? IDK how far building has come in 44 years. You would think Marvel and SW would go in PTN instead of MSEP.

On the brighter side if is this true and confirmed/announced, I don't see MSEP stopping when F! comes back and PTN's fate gets even more curious.
The Tinkerbelle float is a relatively recent addition.

jrhwdw

Paint the Night's fate has already been revealed. It's not disappearing forever, it's going seasonal this holiday season and then on hiatus for some much needed TLC. As was stated about 500 times already in this thread alone
Unless I missed it, It wasn't announced what happens to PTN after New Years. MSEP is going to DL for a "Limited Time" but if they add new things to it, who knows?

Biff215

But do they have to do something? Of course we all expect a replacement whether new or old, but what if WDW is thinking about all that money they'll be saving every night?

I sincerely hope this isn't the case and want to believe they have a plan, it's just harder to trust them these days. As I said earlier, other parades have been cut in recent years with no replacements.

disney4life2008

I wonder if the magic kingdom hours will be adjusted to close even earlier? With no parade there is only wishes, which can occur as early as 8pm in the fall.

Mike S

The very reliable dznycharacterinsider on Twitter is hinting at Marvel and Star Wars will be added to MSEP.

Disappointing but not surprising in the least.
Tulio.gif

Karenb64

So, how are sales for MNSSHP and MVMCP going? Maybe I've been reading posts on these forums for too long and have become a bit jaded;), but I can't help but assume that part of the plan, at least for the rest of the year, is to to hopefully get those families that really care about a night time parade to buy tickets for these events.

brb1006

It's not 1991 anymore. If there were a new parade debuting in October; auditions would have happened by now and CMs would be involved. There are too many people who are happy to go online and blab now. A secret full scale parade to debut in 2 months is not possible, so please for the love of all that is holy, give it up. There is no 45th anniversary parade. The only department that cares about the 45th is merch.

If WDW gets a new light parade, you're looking at a mid 2017 debut at the earliest.
First of all, I wasn't talking about the 45th anniversary parade nor was I interested in it. I was referring to the future electrical parade for the 50th anniversary in the future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay, so I know theres been a lot of going back and forth. Paint the Night isn't coming from Disneyland to MK right? I know most people said no and others speculated that it would. @marni1971? Anything you can share?
As of last week I was categorically told no PTN to WDW in the near future. Further away is possible but is not planned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom