Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Disone

WDW Did tell us what's coming, As in NOTHING. I know all you BRAND advocates don't like to hear this but as long as you continue to PAY WDW they will keep on cutting because it's what finance driven corporations DO. And since Iger took over FINANCE has been running TWDC, Not the creative side.

Finance dominated long before Iger.

You think we will hear something that early? Kidding.. I think.

Regarding the fate of PTN, maybe. Regarding anything new for MK evenings, not likely.

yensid67

I am surprised DIE HARD Disney fans didn't pick up on what I am about to say...

MSEP ends in October...Magic Kingdom's 45th Anniversary will start in October...so would it be obvious that MK will get a 45 Years of Magic Parade!? And then a permanent parade October 2017!?

jrhwdw

MSEP ends in October...Magic Kingdom's 45th Anniversary will start in October...so would it be obvious that MK will get a 45 Years of Magic Parade!? And then a permanent parade October 2017!?
Interesting thought, do you know something? Or are you just throwing out guesses? Unless MK has a surprise up their sleeve( It could happen) The only way a 45th parade would happen now is somehow give FOF a new look and soundtrack at night. Or they could bring back CADCT! But, wasn't some of those floats used for FOF?

Too bad MSEP wasn't leaving till June. Then they could do another Nighttastic but with Enchanted Adventures! I guess they could do that now, but IDK how I'd feel if Magic,Music and Mayhem replaced Wishes long term.

Last edited:

brb1006

I think the "45 Years Of Magic Parade" idea should be saved for the 50th Anniversary.

yensid67

I would think the same thing, brb1006, but searching past parades, it seems they had a parade for every other 5 yr anniversary...why not 45!?

AJH219...MAYBE they aren't building a NEW parade, but rehabbing a few floats and adding some 45th anniversary signage? Most of the parades are the same floats, unless specifically themed like Fantasy of Flight! Just thinking! But Maybe Disney IS being secretive and going to surprised fans with a new parade for MK for 45th or Permanent!? Maybe they were threatened if they leaked any details, they would be fired on the spot and no more cheese!?

Biff215

Does any sane person really believe that Disney has secretly been building a brand new parade than NO ONE knows about? It just isn't possible in this day and age
Agree completely. Besides the fact that Disney would want to be marketing it to death. Since most guests typically plan their trips a year in advance, a surprise like this wouldn't be very advantageous. Especially as many here are second guessing, postponing, and canceling trips due to the delays and closing.

As others have mentioned, the most we can likely hope for is some temporary entertainment or a night version of FoF. The silver lining is it may push them to fast track a replacement. The nightmare would be Disney getting used to the cost savings and deciding to make it a permanent cut. Any other parades return to the other parks after they were cut? Sadly not.

RobotWolf

My first role as a CM was in the parade back in '85. I did every male role except the short ones. I drove most of the floats as well. I was young then. I'm not young now. The parade was old when I first stepped off.

I really love the memories. But it's time to put her down.

Having said that, the absolutely coolest thing to do , as cast, in that parade (IMO) was driving the "whirlybird" floats. (bumblebees,turtles) With "male attendant" (Cinderella unit) as a close second, because it was easy. The worst was the clowns pushing the balloon carts or driving the carousel float in the Small World unit.

As a bit of useless trivia: ELP, as we called it back then, was a unique parade from a performer-pov because the Baroque Hoedown that the soundtrack was based on has one measure that is "missing" a beat; a seven count. So every dancing or moving role had to have a little oddity that insured that you kept the right foot on the right beat. (Which only meant the left foot if you were an even numbered attendant couple.)

Also, a great way to stay in shape, lol.

lazyboy97o

Here's a crazy idea: What if the supposedly most popular theme park in the world got a brand new parade that is not a rehash of a parade at a less popular park?

This Skunkworks parade would be missing the day of the 45th.

Disone

Interesting thought, do you know something? Or are you just throwing out guesses? Unless MK has a surprise up their sleeve( It could happen) The only way a 45th parade would happen now is somehow give FOF a new look and soundtrack at night. Or they could bring back CADCT! But, wasn't some of those floats used for FOF?

Too bad MSEP wasn't leaving till June. Then they could do another Nighttastic but with Enchanted Adventures! I guess they could do that now, but IDK how I'd feel if Magic,Music and Mayhem replaced Wishes long term.

FOF floats are all 100% new to the MK, non were ever used in a WDW parade prior to FOF. WDW's 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th kicked off on the anniversary date of Oct 1st. It would be unlike that they will debut a 45th anniversary parade months after the actual anniversary.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It sounds to me that the Magic Kingdom is getting the same present it did in 1991.

brb1006

Does any sane person really believe that Disney has secretly been building a brand new parade than NO ONE knows about? It just isn't possible in this day and age
It might have gotten the wrong idea, but I remember from Martin's Spectromagic tribute video that Disney had been planning on creating a brand new electrical parade during Main Street Electrical Parade's original run at Walt Disney World during it's first 14 years. Spectromagic was originally called "Electromagic". Since this was sometime in the late 80's and early 90's not that many people were aware of what the new night parade would be and Disney had kept Spectromagic as a surprise for the park's 20th anniversary in 1991.

@marni1971 feel free to correct me on how Disney had planned the new parade while most of the public were unaware until 1991.

GiveMeTheMusic

It might have gotten the wrong idea, but I remember from Martin's Spectromagic tribute video that Disney had been planning on creating a brand new electrical parade during Main Street Electrical Parade's original run at Walt Disney World during it's first 14 years. Spectromagic was originally called "Electromagic". Since this was sometime in the late 80's and early 90's not that many people were aware of what the new night parade would be and Disney had kept Spectromagic as a surprise for the park's 20th anniversary in 1991.

@marni1971 feel free to correct me on how Disney had planned the new parade while most of the public were unaware until 1991.

It's not 1991 anymore. If there were a new parade debuting in October; auditions would have happened by now and CMs would be involved. There are too many people who are happy to go online and blab now. A secret full scale parade to debut in 2 months is not possible, so please for the love of all that is holy, give it up. There is no 45th anniversary parade. The only department that cares about the 45th is merch.

If WDW gets a new light parade, you're looking at a mid 2017 debut at the earliest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom