Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

mikenatcity1

Like the Spectromen or not at least they were the most entertaining characters of the parade next to Mickey float.
0100-080.jpg

This was my first nighttime parade (first visit after being 5 years old). I remember watching them and smiling and having Mickey wave to me (I was 21)...Spectro will always be special for me.

We watched PtN on our wedding night last September and will always remember it going by and having our wedding party there...

MSEP- Elliot from the commercials and Disney Channel...it was amazing to see him in person...the first time was at DCA.

mikenatcity1

It just makes me furious that Disneyland gets two parades, Disney World gets nothing, and they pull this crap after people have trips books and paid for. I am so embarassed myboyfriend is going for his first time and they are destroying everything in Disney World as fast as they can.

If it's anything, right after the 60th, there is almost nothing- a daytime parade in only 1 park (sometimes), no parade and occasional fireworks and most shows go dark (except for weekends)...at least at WDW there are lots of things going regularly. I booked a vacation expecting a parade at DL 2 weeks after the 60th closes and I get nothing :( I can see the disappointment for WDW.

Bocabear

Of course not. Nobody that has seen any of those in person would put MSEP ahead of them. MSEP is far and away the worst night parade any Disney park offers.
Well it is like 44 years old....so.... Understandable that it is not up to par with the newer parades...and I know they have plussed it here and there, but it is still the creaky old MSEP...

Buried20KLeague

As I said earlier, IF WDW gets Paint the Night, it would be inappropriate to think of it as a hand-me-down. IF that's what happens, it's likely that it was purposely built for WDW but went to DLR first so they'd have a headliner for the Diamond Celebration. In that case, it's more as if DLR is the one that got the pre-hand-me-down.

Wow. Talk about backward logic.

Buried20KLeague

Yeah I didn't know this was a thing. I always dug MSEP. What are the criticisms against it?

It's old tech compared to all other night parades. Poorly maintained. Aged.

If you've never been to the other parks around the world or haven't googled their night parades out of curiosity, then you're none the wiser. Ignorance is bliss. Which is perfectly fine.

It's when you know what you're missing that MSEP loses its luster. And quick.

FigmentForver96

Fantillusion was not a bad parade. One could argue that it and Spectromagic were cousins that spawned as next generation MSEP. They took the core concept of the light parade and upgraded it to a new parade that had a classic feel yet was new and innovative. It started in Tokyo and featured a lot of floats but many of those floats did not make it to Paris. Add to that it doesn't get dark fast enough in Paris for them to properly run the parade and the fireworks so it became an issue. At this point the parade also needs serious upgrades as it still looks like a parade from the 90s

GiveMeTheMusic

As I said earlier, IF WDW gets Paint the Night, it would be inappropriate to think of it as a hand-me-down. IF that's what happens, it's likely that it was purposely built for WDW but went to DLR first so they'd have a headliner for the Diamond Celebration. In that case, it's more as if DLR is the one that got the pre-hand-me-down.

Interesting line of thought, but incorrect.

Take it back a few years - HKDL and DL both wanted new light parades. Paint the Night was developed for HKDL, where it first premiered in 2014. A completely different light parade had started development for DL. For various reasons, that concept was abandoned and PTN was copied and slightly expanded for DL, opening in 2015.

Yet another light parade concept exists for MK. So no, PTN was never designed for or destined for WDW. If PTN goes to WDW, it will be because TDO is too cheap to pay for what's already been designed for them.

In summary, PTN was originally designed just for HKDL. That it has also played DL and could move to WDW was never the original intention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom