Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
How so? Nobody forced them to announce the closure of MSEP. If the absence of Spectro were going to hurt them, they would have just left MSEP alone.

Had they spent the money to refurbish Spectromagic, then MSEP would have gone back to DL long ago and they wouldn't be in the position of having to ship back a parade that's falling apart and have no replacement for it. I just read over on the DisBoards that the latest is nothing re: night-time parades in MK until 2017.

Speedy71

I just remembered that MK's 45th is coming in October so this is just great.

USDC2Xs.gif

brb1006

So based on what I'm seeing on twitter - the Disneyland people REALLY love MSEP. They are basically over the moon about it coming back. It's interesting that it's so loved out there but so hated on the east cost. Of course, had TDO kept the parade in good working order, it might not be so hated out here.
MSEP wasn't always hated by WDW guests at least until 2010. Previously MSEP lasted from 1999-2001.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Had they spent the money to refurbish Spectromagic, then MSEP would have gone back to DL long ago and they wouldn't be in the position of having to ship back a parade that's falling apart and have no replacement for it.
As I said, they don't "have to" do anything. If they didn't want to ship MSEP to DLR, they just wouldn't have announced anything and left it in the Magic Kingdom.

I just read over on the DisBoards that the latest is nothing re: night-time parades in MK until 2017.
It's not closing today, it's closing in October. Between MNSSHP, MVMCP, and possible showings of FOF, 2017 isn't that far away.

Rteetz

Had they spent the money to refurbish Spectromagic, then MSEP would have gone back to DL long ago and they wouldn't be in the position of having to ship back a parade that's falling apart and have no replacement for it. I just read over on the DisBoards that the latest is nothing re: night-time parades in MK until 2017.
That's what's been posted here. MK won't have a nighttime parade for the rest of 2017 pretty much but could have one in 2017 depending on what they do.

brb1006

We do. we really do. While many people have claimed its old, nothing beats the fact that Generations of people in our families have sat on a mainstreet curb with an ice cream cone while dancing to baroque hoedown.
I think that also has to do with generational differences (Guests who never grew up with MSEP and are starting to get familiar with PTN)

brb1006

I wouldn't say it's hated in WDW. I know plenty of folks who love it. For a whole generation of South Florida kids in the 80's, MSEP is an irreplaceable classic. It just has a more ravenous fan base in DL, we got Spectro when we lost our MSEP, but they got that crappy Light Magic, then nothing in DL proper for almost 20 years. Also don't forget the vast majority of non-tweeting and non-social mediaites (the casual WDW goer) don't know MSEP from Splash Mountain, haha! They couldn't care less!
Alot of guests would sometimes pretend Light Magic ever existed

tl77

Nope, that's not what Disney is telling us.

Possibility 1: Festival of Fantasy moves to nighttime
Possibility 2: WDW gets a parade from some other park
Possibility 3: WDW gets a brand new parade

Of those options, one is bad, one is probably good, and one is REALLY good. The bad one is the least likely, IMO.

I think the 4th option is that the Halloween and Christmas party parades will run nightly starting Oct 9th til the end of the year

Speedy71

So based on what I'm seeing on twitter - the Disneyland people REALLY love MSEP. They are basically over the moon about it coming back. It's interesting that it's so loved out there but so hated on the east cost. Of course, had TDO kept the parade in good working order, it might not be so hated out here.

They never experience the beauty that was Spectro.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I would be SHOCKED if this happened

Then again I'm shocked by a lot of things Disney does and doesn't do

I agree, I just can't see this happening - it would cause them to lose party attendance. No way they give up that cash cow. Plus, if I'm a party guest I'd be angry about this - it's one of the biggest draws they sell regarding the parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom