Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

mickeyfan5534

Fantillusion is not bad, it's just that the parade hasn't gained that much attention from the Disney parks fans since it was mostly in Paris over the years.
It's got my favorite parade loop. It's enchanting, majestic, and magical with simple variations on a theme that completely change the timbre and feel of the music and some absolutely beautiful floats.
disneyland_paris_419762.jpg

brb1006

Fantillusion was not a bad parade. One could argue that it and Spectromagic were cousins that spawned as next generation MSEP. They took the core concept of the light parade and upgraded it to a new parade that had a classic feel yet was new and innovative. It started in Tokyo and featured a lot of floats but many of those floats did not make it to Paris. Add to that it doesn't get dark fast enough in Paris for them to properly run the parade and the fireworks so it became an issue. At this point the parade also needs serious upgrades as it still looks like a parade from the 90s
Fantillusion had a very good soundtrack

brb1006

Interesting line of thought, but incorrect.

Take it back a few years - HKDL and DL both wanted new light parades. Paint the Night was developed for HKDL, where it first premiered in 2014. A completely different light parade had started development for DL. For various reasons, that concept was abandoned and PTN was copied and slightly expanded for DL, opening in 2015.

Yet another light parade concept exists for MK. So no, PTN was never designed for or destined for WDW. If PTN goes to WDW, it will be because TDO is too cheap to pay for what's already been designed for them.

In summary, PTN was originally designed just for HKDL. That it has also played DL and could move to WDW was never the original intention.
I remember back when it was a HKDL most people were thinking PTN was exclusive to that park and DL was getting a completely new parade until they announced that they are getting a copy of it but with two new floats (The Alien float for Toy Story, and Frozen).

brb1006

It's got my favorite parade loop. It's enchanting, majestic, and magical with simple variations on a theme that completely change the timbre and feel of the music and some absolutely beautiful floats.
disneyland_paris_419762.jpg

Even the show stops were fun and was really hoping DL would have hired the same team behind that parade.

Disneybirdie

With Disney just announcing that Paint the Night is closing later this year, I keep getting word that the parade is moving to Disney World. Can anybody confirm this? I would find it hard to believe a year old parade wouldn't be relocated.

I didn't see another thread but if this is a duplicate, please close.

technicole

just a thought - if/when MK eventually gets a completely new parade, I would love to see a marriage of what made Spectromagic so special (the music, the beautiful floats) and the style of Dreamlights from Tokyo..

TTA94

Maybe we'll get a fill-in parade until they figure this out: The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic Nighttime Parade.

Nightfall Glow from TDL? It's the very short parade they run on rainy nights when Dreamlights can not be presented. But I'm sure it could be reworked to be a "fill in" until WDW gets a new parade.

brb1006

just a thought - if/when MK eventually gets a completely new parade, I would love to see a marriage of what made Spectromagic so special (the music, the beautiful floats) and the style of Dreamlights from Tokyo..
What also made Spectromagic very special was how beautiful and creative the finale was. You would see a cavalcade of Disney characters while bells and chimes would play (At least during the earlier years of the parade).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom