Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

technicole

What also made Spectromagic very special was how beautiful and creative the finale was. You would see a cavalcade of Disney characters while bells and chimes would play (At least during the earlier years of the parade).

this brings back so many memories! I grew up with Spectromagic; I was only twelve when it went away but I absolutely remember the awe I felt every time the costumes changed from color to white lights! sigh..

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It is closing in October, so in reality between the Halloween and Christmas Hard ticket events, it looks like MSEP would have run about 15 times between its closing and 2017. They are not going to anything to fill in the gaps. I also wouldn't be surprised if there were more MVMCP events scheduled as well.

Thanks phoenicians

Can't imagine why it wouldn't be. Davison's job is to create parades for the parks worldwide.

There is real credence to the possibility of WDW getting its own new parade. Hopefully that is what comes to pass.
Before the 50th? I'd think they'd borrow something from another park and market it as limited time/new then build a brand new one for the 50th.

DznyRktekt

I handn't listened to the Fantillusion score until today. I have to say the first few minutes sound like a marriage of Mike Post (best known for scoring 80's tv themes) and Fantasyland. As it went on it it got better and better. Very timeless with beautiful orchestration and very fitting for a castle park. Nice!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They need a new parade now and can't wait 5 more years for some arbitrary marketing celebration. They'll either steal an existing parade or build a new one, but either way, it will happen in 2017.
Exactly. Everyone is talking like Disney is somehow shocked or caught off guard that MSEP is closing as if they aren't the ones who decided to close it in the first place. They're not "painted into a corner" or "regretting the decision to scrap Spectro" because they're the ones who planned this whole transition. Just because nothing has been announced and our insiders don't know anything yet doesn't mean Disney doesn't know what's coming.

RSoxNo1

As an FYI, here's my rumor tracker related to Main Street Electrical Parade being replaced:

August 10, 2016: The Disney Parks Blog confirmed that Paint the Night would still be shown on select nights during the hoilday season at the Disneyland Resort.

August 10, 2016: The Disney Parks Blog confirmed that the Main Street Electrical Parade will be ending it's run at the Magic Kingdom and heading over to Disneyland. The last showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade will be October 9, 2016. The blog post did not specify that Paint the Night would be replacing the parade.

August 10, 2016: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 has reported hearing that Disneyland's Paint the Night parade would be coming to Florida while the Main Street Electrical Parade would return to Disneyland.

August 2, 2016: The Disney Parks Blog announced that Disneyland's Paint The Night parade would be "going dark" in September.

June 6, 2016: Twitter user @DLthings is reporting that after Disneyland's 60th Anniversary celebration is complete on September 5th, 2016 that the Paint the Night Parade will be relocated to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom with the Main Street Electrical Parade moving to Disneyland.

July 11, 2015: WDWMagic.com user Jose has reported that Imagineer Steve Davison has informed him that he is pushing to design a replacement for the Main Street Electrical Parade

July 7, 2013: On episode 431 of Inside The Magic, Ricky Brigante states that a Disney spokesperson has confirmed that Spectromagic has been retired.

June 25, 2013: WDWMagic.com user wdw71fan reported that the remains of Spectromagic have been disassembled and thrown into dumpsters.

May 1, 2013: A rumor on OrlandoParkNews.com suggests that the in development Festival of Fantasy parade may run twice daily to allow for a refurbishment of the Main Street Electrical Parade.

January 5, 2013: WDWMagic.com user drew81 reported that Spectromagic has suffered significant termite damage and will not be returning.

December 19, 2012: WDWMagic.com user drew81 reported that Spectromagic is unlikely to return by the spring.

June 6, 2010: The Main Street Electrical Parade returned to the Magic Kingdom as part of the Summer Nightastic campaign

February 2, 2010: Disney announces that the Main Street Electrical Parade will be returning for a limited run as part of the Summer nightastic campaign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom