Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Speedy71

Maybe I didn't state this in my original rant, but I think WDW deserves better, for the amount of money that WDW commands to enter its gates, I wish everyone got their admissions worth. It's a much bigger issue for me, the way that they handle their downed attractions or new attraction time table to me is just laughable. Such as while TLM show at Hollywood Studios is under renovation, they had a cast member with Hula Hoops and bubbles out front...just blows my mind. I'm all for renovations, but throwing that out there at guests is like a slap in the face to me.

The fact that they charge full admission price for HS is mind boggling most of the park is walled off. And from the update pics and videos that I have seen star wars land might take longer to finish then at DL.

Nmoody1

speaking of classics... maybe we'll see a return of this float ;)

3528673502_2b6d739abb_b.jpg

kidding of course...

My eyes! My eyes! This float will outlive humanity, I'm sure of it!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm sorry if this is already been asked/discussed (I haven't read through all the pages), but what is the likelihood (I know everything is pure specultation at this point) that WDW will be getting a replacement parade before the end of this year?
0%. Best case scenario for 2016 is a nighttime showing of FOF. Early 2017 if the permanent replacement is an existing parade, late 2017 if WDW is getting something completely new.

brb1006

There's a part of me that wonders if someone counting turnstile clicks got the idea that pulling the parade and promoting the "one last time" angle would give a nice, little boost to attendance by rubes who think they're seeing something amazingly unique that's about to fade into the mists of time. Not that the MSEP isn't unique or of historical value, but they'd be after the nostalgia/gotta-see-it-all crowd.
I don't think the WDW MSEP ever gotten a big farewell fanfare unlike Disneyland did back in 96.

rodserling27

I have mixed thoughts. This could end up being a very good move. It could also be completely terrible. At this point, it's very foggy.
I wouldn't say it's hated in WDW. I know plenty of folks who love it. For a whole generation of South Florida kids in the 80's, MSEP is an irreplaceable classic. It just has a more ravenous fan base in DL, we got Spectro when we lost our MSEP, but they got that crappy Light Magic, then nothing in DL proper for almost 20 years. Also don't forget the vast majority of non-tweeting and non-social mediaites (the casual WDW goer) don't know MSEP from Splash Mountain, haha! They couldn't care less!

_mickey_

0%. Best case scenario for 2016 is a nighttime showing of FOF. Early 2017 if the permanent replacement is an existing parade, late 2017 if WDW is getting something completely new.

Bummer, we'll be taking my niece and nephew for their very first visit in December, and I know they were looking forward to the parade. It boggles my mind that WDW always seems to get stiffed when it comes to parades.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll bring back a night version of the Tapestry of Dreams Parade (haha yeah right).

Donaldfan1934

Festival of Fantasy? Move It Something it?

If they run after dusk that's a definite downgrade.
Running MSEP every night was unacceptably poor show and having nothing in its place would still be a plus. Move it, Shake it would probably be the only way to downgrade the MSEP situation. Running Festival of Fantasy at night, however, would be acceptable considering that's how DL semi-successfully got through so many years of darkness. Obviously a new night time parade would be my pick, but anything but more Move it, Shake it is an improvement at this point.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Bummer, we'll be taking my niece and nephew for their very first visit in December, and I know they were looking forward to the parade. It boggles my mind that WDW always seems to get stiffed when it comes to parades.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll bring back a night version of the Tapestry of Dreams Parade (haha yeah right).
That would not be lucky, that would be a nightmare.

brb1006

I'm late to the party but yes, finally Main Street Electrical Parade is leaving. As much as I hate all the flashing lights in Paint the Night parade, it is a catchy song. However, I don't see it confirm coming to WDW.

I know Spectro is gone, finite, Disney graveyard. But I would love to see an updated version of something like Spectro. WDW is better than Disneyland's day parade though.
I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that might be possible if they announce it in a future D23

brb1006

They did run Fantillusion in 2012 together with Dreams. However it was very difficult to have both during summer times because late sunsets during the summer months. Fantillusion could only start at 10:25 pm with Dreams at 11 pm which was a nightmare for crowd control people.
After 2012 some floats of Fantillusion have been dismanteled and used for other purposes such as the Halloween and Christmas Parades. So I'm not sure how many floats from Fantillusion still exist now.
I notice that Paris for some reason always reuses some floats from previous parades in the newer ones.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I must be odd then, because I loved that parade - it had some catchy music! Certainly kinder on the ears than those synthesizers (although maybe I'm just still bitter toward MEP, I was also a big Spectro fan).
When Epcot had a parade, it was what, half as crowded as it is now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom