Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Are you even reading the thread? Everyone has indicated that the parade is being replaced by something that will most likely be an upgrade.

Well, we thought it was PTN, We never got that last night. Unless their waiting a day or two for MSEP to sink in or PTN's coming to WDW under a new name? That would make their no plans for PTN in
WDW statement true.

Bocabear

as far as I have seen it is going away and will be replaced someday in the future by something... no one has any more infor than that...a lot of conjecture...but nothing concrete... So...as far as I know, the nighttime parade could just glow away forever...and in time people will stop asking about it, and TDO will pat themselves on the back for saving a boatload of money for the next few years until they debut something for the 50th....which will probably be MSEP 50th anniversary edition with a new lead float... which might be the old blue castle float from 1971 with some christmas lights strung on it...lol

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Going off of what you insiders have said, MSEP was basically falling apart, right? On its last legs? Put it out of its misery? I haven't seen it in a couple of years because touring with a baby means we're in bed at 8:30 most nights, but if the show is that rough then any replacement would be an upgrade, wouldn't it?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
as far as I have seen it is going away and will be replaced someday in the future by something... no one has any more infor than that...a lot of conjecture...but nothing concrete... So...as far as I know, the nighttime parade could just glow away forever...and in time people will stop asking about it, and TDO will pat themselves on the back for saving a boatload of money for the next few years until they debut something for the 50th....which will probably be MSEP 50th anniversary edition with a new lead float... which might be the old blue castle float from 1971 with some christmas lights strung on it...lol
Getting mad at Disney for perceived declines in quality: Perfectly reasonable

Getting pre-mad at Disney for future potential perceived declines in quality based on nothing but unfounded conjecture and pessimism: Nuts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Going off of what you insiders have said, MSEP was basically falling apart, right? On its last legs? Put it out of its misery? I haven't seen it in a couple of years because touring with a baby means we're in bed at 8:30 most nights, but if the show is that rough then any replacement would be an upgrade, wouldn't it?
Festival of Fantasy? Move It Something it?

If they run after dusk that's a definite downgrade.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
So based on what I'm seeing on twitter - the Disneyland people REALLY love MSEP. They are basically over the moon about it coming back. It's interesting that it's so loved out there but so hated on the east cost. Of course, had TDO kept the parade in good working order, it might not be so hated out here.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Festival of Fantasy? Move It Something it?

If they run after dusk that's a definite downgrade.
Certainly would be. But I'm not going to complain about it now because there's no indication that'll be the case. Unless you know something that @MansionButler84 doesn't.

Long-term, I'm struggling to hammer down the answer.

But here are two answers to your multiple-choice question.

A) A hand-me-down from elsewhere that could come early in 2017.
B) A brand-new parade coming later in 2017 that has bumped Wishes 2.0 to 2021 (which, as I understand it, was to come sooner than the 50th).

Speedy71

So...let me get this straight-

Paint the Night closes at Disneyland in the fall.

MSEP closes in the fall.

MSEP goes to Disneyland.

Disneyland keeps both parades?
View attachment 155378

M3pH6zz.gif

oceanbreeze77

it's possible they run a nighttime showing of the Festival of Fantasy parade - it does have some flashing lights on the floats that would stand out more at night but the route would have to be lit well like for the holiday party parades
to be honest. You guys won the lottery with this parade. I saw it for the first time this summer and it was absolutely beautiful. I would rather have FoF than any electrical parade or soundsational.

oceanbreeze77

So based on what I'm seeing on twitter - the Disneyland people REALLY love MSEP. They are basically over the moon about it coming back. It's interesting that it's so loved out there but so hated on the east cost. Of course, had TDO kept the parade in good working order, it might not be so hated out here.
We do. we really do. While many people have claimed its old, nothing beats the fact that Generations of people in our families have sat on a mainstreet curb with an ice cream cone while dancing to baroque hoedown.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Paint the Night is like one year old.

With no inside information, I'd speculate that Paint the Night was always destined for Walt Disney World but they let Disneyland "borrow" it for the Diamond Celebration. The timeline makes too much sense.

I have no inside info either, but I've heard that some of the floats might not be able to handle the turns in MK. If this is the case, I don't think it was designed for WDW. However, that's all speculation so you could be correct.

Tay

Ugh we have planned, a 1 Day MK trip for my twin brothers' birthday in October a week after the final show. They were only one last time we went and still remember the MSEP. This and Buzz Lightyear have been all they've talked about all summer. My other brother's football schedule just came out and he has a game on that weekend. We were going to push it back but I guess we'll have to push it up. I can't do no BTM and no nighttime parade.

phi2134

Paint the Night is like one year old.

With no inside information, I'd speculate that Paint the Night was always destined for Walt Disney World but they let Disneyland "borrow" it for the Diamond Celebration. The timeline makes too much sense.

Maybe I didn't state this in my original rant, but I think WDW deserves better, for the amount of money that WDW commands to enter its gates, I wish everyone got their admissions worth. It's a much bigger issue for me, the way that they handle their downed attractions or new attraction time table to me is just laughable. Such as while TLM show at Hollywood Studios is under renovation, they had a cast member with Hula Hoops and bubbles out front...just blows my mind. I'm all for renovations, but throwing that out there at guests is like a slap in the face to me.

_mickey_

I'm sorry if this is already been asked/discussed (I haven't read through all the pages), but what is the likelihood (I know everything is pure specultation at this point) that WDW will be getting a replacement parade before the end of this year?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom