Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Mike S

Why can't DLR run MSEP in DL and PTN at DCA? Except for the Peter Pan and Princess floats everything there has an attraction presence at DCA so it fits right in.
Long-term, I'm struggling to hammer down the answer.

But here are two answers to your multiple-choice question.

A) A hand-me-down from elsewhere that could come early in 2017.
B) A brand-new parade coming later in 2017 that has bumped Wishes 2.0 to 2021 (which, as I understand it, was to come sooner than the 50th).
Jeez why can't we get both accelerated? Wishes is fine but it's pushing 13 years and going on 14.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
it's possible they run a nighttime showing of the Festival of Fantasy parade - it does have some flashing lights on the floats that would stand out more at night but the route would have to be lit well like for the holiday party parades

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm glad FoF has all those strobe lights.
it's possible they run a nighttime showing of the Festival of Fantasy parade - it does have some flashing lights on the floats that would stand out more at night but the route would have to be lit well like for the holiday party parades
Its very possible. Under floodlighting.

It'll be just like Once Upon a Christmastime.

But without the Christmas. And with strobes.

ToTBellHop

I would think that reasonable temporarily. It's not the long-term plan, as far as I know.

I'm still leaning toward us getting PtN next year, but we will see. It seems more TDO to me. I'd love to be surprised by a new parade project, though.

phi2134

I mean this is a good thing on net. It might be inconvenient timing but it's still a positive.
I'm not inconvenienced at all, its the fact that they strip, neglect, bastardize, and repurpose everything that was Disney to save money and change the parks to make a penny. Tearing down or letting the great things of Disney fall into disrepair and promising new "attactions" in the future or taking 4-5 years to build something is just not doing it for me. I used to loved WDW , been there at least 20 times, now I am 34 with a 1-year-old. My parents and the in-laws have been planning a WDW vacation for the end of next year for a bit now and I just can't get excited anymore. And this is going to greatly change the way I plan my vacations for my family. I would have loved to have taken my son to WDW every 3 years or so, but I'm thinking my money and my families time is better spent on other vacation destinations, most likely Europe for what a Disney trip costs now.

Yes, it is just a parade, but with no replacement or anything on the horizon, I've just kind of had it. All the changes, upcharges, and disappointments I think have just added up for me.

Bocabear

but... maybe now that they have changed the entire hup for staging, maybe now we will get the Disney Dreams Fireworks show that was actually designed for Disney World...but turned down by TDO at the time....but I would not expect anything new until the 50th celebration begins

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Exclusive new parade float pictures for the new budget conscious night time parade - Encrapen The Night. (This is for the Christmas edition of the parade)

BPF_holiday-house_exterior_twelve_ways_same_lights_red_wagon_h.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Exclusive new parade float pictures for the new budget conscious night time parade - Encrapen The Night. (This is for the Christmas edition of the parade)
Can we stop with this kind of nonsense? There are enough actual budget cuts and no indication that this decision is one of them. It just confuses people, muddies the waters, and creates unnecessary hostile sentiment when people make things up.

NothingRhymeswithOrange

I'm ecstatic to hear that this parade is finally going away for a while. I was fortunate enough to see Spectromagic once in my lifetime, but every other time I have gone it's always been MSEP. This parade is a classic but needs some serious love in the refurb department.

Now I'm a little disappointed to hear that there has been no replacement announced, but it's still early and we could hear about some kind of replacement come October when this parade finally closes. Not to worried about this just yet, but holding out hope that when I am in WDW at the end of January that PTN will be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom