Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Just_Karma

and due to it being such a late minute decision I wonder how many angry guests they will get in October who don't have a night parade to watch?

That was kind of my point earlier. During October which is a big UK visitor month. All that is available for evening entertainment (with the exception of hard ticket events like Mickeys Not So Scary), is Fantasmic (reduced shows) and Illuminations.

Given that all the other seasonal stuff like Star Wars fireworks finish end of Sept and yes there is eat to the beat. But having been in Epcot with a 3 and 8 yr old for Illuminations when eat to the beat is running, I don't think I would it do that again. It tends to be full of a lot of loud/foul mouthed drunk adults that forget they are in a Disney Resort where there are children.

Little disappointed TBH, hopefully the add some night time parade entertainment to MK on non halloween nights and finally announce something in Animal Kingdom for Sept onwards.

Jon81uk

That was kind of my point earlier. During October which is a big UK visitor month. All that is available for evening entertainment (with the exception of hard ticket events like Mickeys Not So Scary), is Fantasmic (reduced shows) and Illuminations.

Given that all the other seasonal stuff like Star Wars fireworks finish end of Sept and yes there is eat to the beat. But having been in Epcot with a 3 and 8 yr old for Illuminations when eat to the beat is running, I don't think I would it do that again. It tends to be full of a lot of loud/foul mouthed drunk adults that forget they are in a Disney Resort where there are children.

Little disappointed TBH, hopefully the add some night time parade entertainment to MK on non halloween nights and finally announce something in Animal Kingdom for Sept onwards.

I am 99% certain Star Wars fireworks are permanent, they are just drip feeding the timings for some reason. They only just built the towers to house the projectors. But at Animal Kingdom, who knows.

Disone

I am 99% certain Star Wars fireworks are permanent, they are just drip feeding the timings for some reason. They only just built the towers to house the projectors. But at Animal Kingdom, who knows.
Keep your fingers crossed, ROL is now rumored to have a Mid September debut. Not doubt there will be some increased pressure to make that happen with DEP leaving shortly there after.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wow...I take it these decisions were made very quickly! It seems that more decisions are still being made too...is this normal (to change quickly and react) or is this semi-rare?
It seems odd.

DLs evening entertainment is being really shook up. And it's not finished yet.

The fact this walks roughshed over the WDW castle parks evening offerings is strange too.

It only they didn't scrap Spectros refurb huh.

mikenatcity1

Paint the Night will return to HKDL November 1st according to their website.
"Due to Special Event, “Disney Paint the Night” Parade will be suspended during Sep 4 – Nov 1, 2016."

(forgive me if this is mentioned earlier) This wouldn't necessarily mean they are moving to another park, correct?

JohnD

No nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom really is unacceptable and would be a new low for Disney. Although nothing would surprise me anymore. And they wonder why attendance is off? Seriously? If they have no other parade lined up to take MSEP's place then they need to run Boo to You every night instead of just party nights from the 9th through Halloween, then offer the Christmas Parade every night for the Holiday season.

@wdwmagic cleared this one up. The Christmas parade runs during the day after MVMCP is over. Running Boo to You outside of MNSSHP at night would be unfair to those who paid to see it and do the other offerings at the party.

JohnD

Please, that video is too depressing. What Disney did to Spectromagic was criminal and easily one of the worst decisions in MK history. I know MSEP has an important place in Disney history, but they should've destroyed every version of it in the 1990's

Glad they didn't listen to you and I had a chance to see it again in the last several years. I'm disappointed to see it go but it is 40 years old. So at least it's getting a proper send off before its retirement.

JohnD

Main Street Electrical Parade is still showing on the online calender for the Magic Kingdom. For those who have booked trips for late October & November, this is therefore only 2-3 months notice and today is the 60 day mark for those arriving on the 9th October. I would be quite angry at Disney if we have booked a year ago (as they encourage UK guests to do with the special offers) and then we find out only two months before our trip that they have taken away a key piece of the park entertainment, with no replacement.

Fortunately I arrive late September so I am only frustrated at the lack of information around Star Wars fireworks and Animal Kingdom nighttime shows.

Yep. I'm one of those planning for a late October trip so will now miss it. In fairness, I'm a Florida Resident and could see it beforehand. I live four hours away. Would take effort but could be done.

Skyway

Anyone know which park (MK or DL) benefits more financially from nighttime entertainment?

Make no mistake - the parades are rolled out for Disney's benefit, not yours.

My assumption is that nighttime entertainment is more valuable to DL. With a larger local visitor base and fewer Disney-owned hotels and restaurants outside the park, DL would have a greater desire to keep visitors within the gates spending money.

If MK eliminates its nighttime parade, it seems less likely visitors who paid thousands of dollars to get to WDW are going to suddenly decide to leave the park at 5pm. And even if they do leave early, a majority of them will be returning to WDW resorts that will continue to empty their wallets.

Epcot sells lots of booze as people wait for Illuminations. Fantasmic keeps people in DHS spending money long after they've visited the 5 or 6 attractions still open at that park. And ROL will improve AK's ability to keep people around past dinnertime.

It seems to me MK can still thrive without expensive nighttime entertainment.

jrhwdw

TDEP Dreamlights is not on TDR's referb schedule(As of now of course. we now know how fast things can change!) It would show up there if it was closing, like Table Is Waiting did earlier this week when we saw that it was closing March 17, 2017

I would think/hope TDL would give their guests enough notice that Dreamlights was closing. So, Unless TDL pulls the fastest farewell season ever, I don't see Dreamlights coming to MK real soon. Down the road maybe if TDL is ready of a new night parade for their 35th in 2018.

There's that concept art in the TDL fourm which hasn't been addressed by any park. Should I post that art here or not?

It's only Thurs, will MK's plans be resolved/revealed this week or is it too early for that?

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Paint the Night will return to HKDL November 1st according to their website.
"Due to Special Event, “Disney Paint the Night” Parade will be suspended during Sep 4 – Nov 1, 2016."
What weird is, they haven't announced the Special event. I have a good guess that it's Halloween but do they still have a parade for that? Glow In The Park Parade ended before PTN came, IDK what happened to the floats after that. Also, there has been some tweets of projectors going up along HKDL's MS USA????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom