Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

FutureCEO

I'm late to the party but yes, finally Main Street Electrical Parade is leaving. As much as I hate all the flashing lights in Paint the Night parade, it is a catchy song. However, I don't see it confirm coming to WDW.

I know Spectro is gone, finite, Disney graveyard. But I would love to see an updated version of something like Spectro. WDW is better than Disneyland's day parade though.

coruscant

Yep. Since Dreams premiered.
They did run Fantillusion in 2012 together with Dreams. However it was very difficult to have both during summer times because late sunsets during the summer months. Fantillusion could only start at 10:25 pm with Dreams at 11 pm which was a nightmare for crowd control people.
After 2012 some floats of Fantillusion have been dismanteled and used for other purposes such as the Halloween and Christmas Parades. So I'm not sure how many floats from Fantillusion still exist now.

WDW1974

Well, what do you know? Those front liners at DL actually had SOME of the facts right.
As to what will happen beyond the holidays, it is all sort of laughable. Is DLR going to keep two night parades and show them seasonally? Or are they just going to gauge reaction in the fanbase after showing a much more modern parade and returning a relic? After all, DL hasn't announced its new Star Wars pyro show and this could be a way of going for the nostalgia crowd that won't like a permanent season of the farce.

Of course, that still says nothing about moving PtN to the swamps and I have a hard time believing TDA would just let it go. And MK has no plans for a new night parade at this time that I am aware of. Of course, not one smart little twinkly fanboi has noticed that PtN is also off at HKDL as of 9/4 with no set return date either. So, chew on that.

And DLP has a big 25th coming next year too ...

But I love the post I quoted below because it showcases, yet again, how Disney loves to lie and manipulate its Guests and Cast. PR spin. This is what Dr. Blondie makes her big bucks for. Writing BS like this that then gets passed on to Legal and then goes out because that is how Walt would have done it!

And no way do you start seeing the Halloween Parade or Christmas Parade for free at the MK. Nope. You just pay more and get less because that is what Disney is all about.

Finally, look at the "at this time" wording on this and the DPB. That's the same BS they used when I had fanbois calling to TDO and TDA and Burbank about the Guradians Tower makeover. That phrase allows them to lie with impunity about their impending plans.

From a friend in Guest Relations at MK.

These memos are always a fun read. Notice the approved answers they are allowed to tell guests.

Main Street Electrical Parade heads to Disneyland Park for a limited engagement

The “spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination,” the Main Street Electrical Parade, will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and returning to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Cast Members and Guests are encouraged to come out to enjoy the “thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds” one more time before the final performance on Oct. 9. Guests can also check out some of the park’s newest offerings like “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” and, starting Aug. 12, “Princess Elena Royal Welcome.”

After a delightful six years, we bid the Main Street Electrical Parade a fond farewell and look forward to the memories it will create for Disneyland Guests early next year.

Q1. Why is the Main Street Electrical Parade closing?

The Main Street Electrical Parade will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and return to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Q2. When will the parade be returning to Disneyland?

This limited engagement will begin early next year. We will share more on timing at a later date.

Q3. Is it going away forever/will the parade ever come back?

Right now, we’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests and have nothing more to share.

Q4. Are you replacing Main Street Electrical Parade with anything?

We continue to offer compelling nighttime entertainment, and are constantly adjusting our offerings.

Q5. Will “Paint the Night” from Disneyland Resort be coming in its place?

At this time, there are no plans to bring “Paint the Night” to Walt Disney World Resort. We look forward to sharing more about the future of “Paint the Night” soon.

Q6. Why are you taking Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland Resort when they already have Paint the Night?

Main Street Electrical Parade came to Florida in 2010 from the Disneyland Resort, so with this move, it’s returning for a special, limited engagement.

Q7. You have a history of swapping parades. Why isn’t Paint the Night coming to Walt Disney World?

It’s just not part of our plans at this time. We’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests.

Q8. When will DisneyWorld.com / My Disney Experience / OneSource reflect this change?

We are in the process of updating our online calendars.

Q9. What about Guests who may have already booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package?

We will be contacting Guests who have booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package and working with them for alternate arrangements.

Just_Karma

I guess October is not looking like a good time to be at Walt Disney World.

MK: No nighttime main street electrical parade
AK: No jungle book or rivers of light nighttime show
HS: Fantastmic reduced shows to 1
EP: Illuminations

Kind of feel that they are pulling a lot of things away with no replacements in sight. And just seem to add more and more hard ticket halloween nights. Don't get me wrong the halloween nights are great but not going to pay for it time and time again when I already have the likes of 14 day pass. For a UK visitor this is a bit of a blow as October is common time for vacationing. :(

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Main Street Electrical Parade is still showing on the online calender for the Magic Kingdom. For those who have booked trips for late October & November, this is therefore only 2-3 months notice and today is the 60 day mark for those arriving on the 9th October. I would be quite angry at Disney if we have booked a year ago (as they encourage UK guests to do with the special offers) and then we find out only two months before our trip that they have taken away a key piece of the park entertainment, with no replacement.

Fortunately I arrive late September so I am only frustrated at the lack of information around Star Wars fireworks and Animal Kingdom nighttime shows.

MagicHappens1971

I guess October is not looking like a good time to be at Walt Disney World.

MK: No nighttime main street electrical parade
AK: No jungle book or rivers of light nighttime show
HS: Fantastmic reduced shows to 1
EP: Illuminations

Kind of feel that the are pulling a lot of things away with no replacements in sight. And just seem to add more and more hard ticket halloween nights. Don't get me wrong the halloween nights are great but not going to pay for it time and time again when I already have the likes of 14 day pass. For a UK visitors this is a bit of a blow as October is common time for vacationing. :(
AKs fall entertainment has yet to be announced/determined. And HS will have SW fireworks as well as Fantasmic

Jon81uk

AKs fall entertainment has yet to be announced/determined. And HS will have SW fireworks as well as Fantasmic

Except they have only announced DAK entertainment to Sept 4th and Star Wars fireworks to Sept 24th. With 44 days until I arrive I expect an accurate calender of the major show times to be available. The shows that happen many times a day (Indiana Jones, Lion King etc) I don't need to know this early but the night time stuff is important!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom