Ozzy Osbourne & Randy Rhoads

NJDVCMembers

Original Poster
Disney-ozzy.jpg

Will someone settle a dispute... please!!! I say Ozzy is wearing the trendy footwear of the early 80's... those tan shoes are definitely a pair of Capezio's. Please can someone around 40 from New Jersey back up a fellow Garden Stater'.

sublimesting

Disney-ozzy.jpg

Will someone settle a dispute... please!!! I say Ozzy is wearing the trendy footwear of the early 80's... those tan shoes are definitely a pair of Capezio's. Please can someone around 40 from New Jersey back up a fellow Garden Stater'.

Notice the burning cigarette on the ground. They probably made him put it down so as to don that fabulous hat and hold the lolipop. Unless that was photoshopped.

shanny

i was wondering the same thing about the shoes. i wasnt born till 83, but i know for a fact those are jazz dance shoes. ive had my share of them! i guess before they became dance shoes they were "trendy footwear"?? thats pretty funny. oh and btw, those are definatly yellow, not tan...:hurl: :lol:

EPCOT.nut

Those pics bring back some real memories. All that was back in the day! Here's a pic of my retired Tribute T-shirt. It's no longer black...more like a gray...and I retired it because it was getting those little holes all over that a much-loved t-shirt gets. It hangs in my closet now.

To take everyone back - Randy Rhoads died in 1982. That was back when Dave Mustaine played with Metallica. Anyone remember when you could only be a Megadeth OR a Metallica fan after Dave was fired? Remember the quote in the liner note of old Megadeth albums "Boycott speed metal?" :lol: That old-school stuff sounds like speed metal compared to both of those bands today.

Remember Randy Rhoads played in Quiet Riot. RIP Kevin Dubrow and Randy Rhoads. :(

2327486711_4e7880fc6e.jpg

2328299836_840e13392d.jpg

80's metal had a profound impact on me in my formative years. I am a high school dropout. :lol: And I was the ONLY girl who liked Megadeth. Rock on!

sillykid

Facts first! Born inlate 75, I have no clue who Randy is. I aaume it's pretty boy w/ the lollipop. Funny to me how the shots were taken. Being a film guy, I just laugh that they never did a costume change. All shots are the same, except Ozzie opens his shirt sometimes.:lol:

barkatozz

Facts first! Born inlate 75, I have no clue who Randy is. I aaume it's pretty boy w/ the lollipop. Funny to me how the shots were taken. Being a film guy, I just laugh that they never did a costume change. All shots are the same, except Ozzie opens his shirt sometimes.:lol:
Ok....firstoff his name is OZZY not Ozzie. Second, yes Randy is the "pretty boy" w/ the hat & lollipop. Third being born in '75 has nothing to do with knowing who he is. If you are a music buff you should know who he is regardless of age.....I was only 10 years old when he was killed. Lastly....a photoshoot at one location (MK) shouldn't warrant a "costume change" for each setting. I wouldn't even call them costumes either. I mean, they are all wearing black pants & a shirt.

MattyFresh

Ok....firstoff his name is OZZY not Ozzie. Second, yes Randy is the "pretty boy" w/ the hat & lollipop. Third being born in '75 has nothing to do with knowing who he is. If you are a music buff you should know who he is regardless of age.....I was only 10 years old when he was killed. Lastly....a photoshoot at one location (MK) shouldn't warrant a "costume change" for each setting. I wouldn't even call them costumes either. I mean, they are all wearing black pants & a shirt.

easy there guy, don't flip your lid, I am sure he didn't mean any harm in his post. Lay off the heavy metal for a minute or two and let the blood pressure settle.:lol:

RayLaVeau

The Blizzard of OZ!
Yea I had a pair of capiezos meself, as well as Rudy Sarzo's parachute pants..Metal the way it was meant to be hehe..
RIP Randy, you gave us some great music as well as introducing "bach" rock to the world for the umpteenth time...But if it wasnt for you and the Blizz the world may have never of known of that genre...(at least some of us metalheads)...Wasn't George Lynch one of your moms teachers in her store too?
Man All these years I never noticed they were in the MK...goes to show...
No offense to anyone Please... just feeling nostalgic.
:)
R

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ozzy was obviously a fan of theme parks as I saw him at Alton Towers around that time too. Now of course hes more at home in a circus.

Zakk Wylde is no Randy Rhodes and I cant see the Clown Prince of %£*^@+ Darkness denting the image by associating with Disney. No loss really given how much of a parody hes become.

IMHO of course.

Mikester71

Those pics bring back some real memories. All that was back in the day! Here's a pic of my retired Tribute T-shirt. It's no longer black...more like a gray...and I retired it because it was getting those little holes all over that a much-loved t-shirt gets. It hangs in my closet now.

To take everyone back - Randy Rhoads died in 1982. That was back when Dave Mustaine played with Metallica. Anyone remember when you could only be a Megadeth OR a Metallica fan after Dave was fired? Remember the quote in the liner note of old Megadeth albums "Boycott speed metal?" :lol: That old-school stuff sounds like speed metal compared to both of those bands today.

Remember Randy Rhoads played in Quiet Riot. RIP Kevin Dubrow and Randy Rhoads. :(

2327486711_4e7880fc6e.jpg

2328299836_840e13392d.jpg

80's metal had a profound impact on me in my formative years. I am a high school dropout. :lol: And I was the ONLY girl who liked Megadeth. Rock on!

Loved that shirt! I too grew up loving metal in the 80's (still do). Loved Ozzy but like I said in an earlier post in this very thread, never really TRULY appreciated Randy's guitar playing until this past year. As much as I love Zakk Wylde (one of my fave's behind only Mr. Eddie Van Halen), there will ever only be one Randy! And to quote my favourite Ozzy & Randy song...You can't kill rock and roll, it's here to stay!

Oh yeah, I actually liked Megadeth AND Metallica!:D

EPCOT.nut

Loved that shirt! I too grew up loving metal in the 80's (still do). Loved Ozzy but like I said in an earlier post in this very thread, never really TRULY appreciated Randy's guitar playing until this past year. As much as I love Zakk Wylde (one of my fave's behind only Mr. Eddie Van Halen), there will ever only be one Randy! And to quote my favourite Ozzy & Randy song...You can't kill rock and roll, it's here to stay!

Oh yeah, I actually liked Megadeth AND Metallica!:D

I always wanted to play guitar...guess that is why I married a guitar player and became his little roadie. :eek: I bought No Rest for the Wicked when it came out (on tape) and I listened to it on my Walkman on the bus on the way to school and back home every day for maybe 3-4 days and realized that Zakk had a lot of fancy crap going on but there was no meat on the bones of his chops. Prior to that Ozzy had Jake E Lee and he was really good, but not as good as Randy. I have a few Ozzy VHS from the early days, including some bootleg footage, and mostly of Jake. He looked good in leather. :lol:

The first CD I ever bought was Megadeth "So far, so good, so what" and I didn't have a CD player yet. I just knew that when I could afford one I wanted to play that one first. Second CD was Metallica "Master of Puppets" - also at that time I bought some metal in vinyl because I knew it was going soon.

My ultimate 80's metal faves - Yngwie Malmsteen, Iron Maiden, Dio, Danzig, Testament, Candlemass.

My poor mom. :lookaroun

Glad we have some Disney fans that also have good taste in music. If there was a metal club in PI we'd have a meet.

wedway71

Disney-ozzy.jpg

OMG-I had a bunch of Capezios-Mostly black and grey.From NY but at the time lived in Ft Lauderdale when I had them around 1983 or 84

doop

My dad gave me all of his vinyl and I have the RR Tribute album, and just checked, and low and behold there it is! Awesome, thanks for pointing it out!

wedway71

I liked Ozzy when he was in Black Sabbath I think more than his solo career.

I do remeber as a young teen using a tennis racket to do air guitar to "Crazy Train"

I used to have long hair,wear tight Jordach jeans, and Cappezios or 3 color Converse with Concert Tee shirts from Ozzy,Molly Hatchet,Iron Maiden,Judas Priest and more.

Got what the heck was I THINKING?????????:eek:

subhuman31

The first CD I ever bought was Megadeth "So far, so good, so what" and I didn't have a CD player yet. I just knew that when I could afford one I wanted to play that one first. Second CD was Metallica "Master of Puppets" - also at that time I bought some metal in vinyl because I knew it was going soon.

That's so cool. The second CD I ever bought was Master Of Puppets too. And my first CD?? You guessed it....Ozzy/Randy Tribute!

doop

Just snagged a few photos of the vinyl pictures on my phone (the image quality is awful sorry).
RRtribute.jpg

RRtribute2.jpg

RRtribute3.jpg

So glad somebody pointed this out, I don't ever listen to this album!

EPCOT.nut

I liked Ozzy when he was in Black Sabbath I think more than his solo career.

Was it the lyrics? Geezer Butler wrote the Sabbath lyrics, right? That stuff was in your face and so intelligently written. Master of Reality and Vol 4 were my faves. OH, they still are.

I saw on Headbangers Ball back in (maybe 1987 or 88) Samantha Foxx in chainmail undies singing NIB. I think that partly influenced my eventual decision to work for a plastic surgeon. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

That's so cool. The second CD I ever bought was Master Of Puppets too. And my first CD?? You guessed it....Ozzy/Randy Tribute!

WOW Master and Ride the Lightning are the 2 Metallica must-haves. When I bought Master if was $18 and the price almost killed me. Most tapes were half that. Same day I bought Garage Days on vinyl for $2.99. :D
I never bought Tribute...weird, huh? I had Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon, Ultimate Sin...then No Rest killed Ozzy for me.

Oh well.

I remember I used to get Hit Parader and some metal mag and tear out the pics and tape them to my wall. I have pics of that, which is kind of embarrasing...but my mom tore down my naked Ozzy (anyone remember that one?-maybe 1987) and interestingly, my Mom put it in her file cabinet and when she moved in 2002 she found it, framed it and gave it to me for Christmas. :lol::lol:
I have it in the guest bathroom to make everyone uncomfortable. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom