Ozzy Osbourne & Randy Rhoads

wedway71

Was it the lyrics? Geezer Butler wrote the Sabbath lyrics, right? That stuff was in your face and so intelligently written. Master of Reality and Vol 4 were my faves. OH, they still are.

I saw on Headbangers Ball back in (maybe 1987 or 88) Samantha Foxx in chainmail undies singing NIB. I think that partly influenced my eventual decision to work for a plastic surgeon. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

WOW Master and Ride the Lightning are the 2 Metallica must-haves. When I bought Master if was $18 and the price almost killed me. Most tapes were half that. Same day I bought Garage Days on vinyl for $2.99. :D
I never bought Tribute...weird, huh? I had Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon, Ultimate Sin...then No Rest killed Ozzy for me.

Oh well.

I remember I used to get Hit Parader and some metal mag and tear out the pics and tape them to my wall. I have pics of that, which is kind of embarrasing...but my mom tore down my naked Ozzy (anyone remember that one?-maybe 1987) and interestingly, my Mom put it in her file cabinet and when she moved in 2002 she found it, framed it and gave it to me for Christmas. :lol::lol:
I have it in the guest bathroom to make everyone uncomfortable. :lookaroun

Now I have "War pigs" in my head-
I also remember Hit Parader and did the smae thing all over my walls. I do remember the naked OZZY pic- and Samantha Fox was the Main Liner at my Gradnight in 89.

EPCOT.nut

Now I have "War pigs" in my head-
I also remember Hit Parader and did the smae thing all over my walls. I do remember the naked OZZY pic- and Samantha Fox was the Main Liner at my Gradnight in 89.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:OMG I loved Samantha Foxx and I wanted to grow up to be like her. Then I found out exactly what that entailed. :eek: But she is so very cute.

I don't know if I can post a snapshot of that pic. It's not totally naked. Did you notice that it was a reversed image. Me being an Ozzy geek I noticed right away his tattoos were wrong in the pics.

Do you have any pics of your room? I have to scan them, or maybe I can photograph them and post them. I hate to embarrass myself, but it can't be worse than being "Disney girl" at work, so what the heck? :king:

wedway71

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:OMG I loved Samantha Foxx and I wanted to grow up to be like her. Then I found out exactly what that entailed. :eek: But she is so very cute.

I don't know if I can post a snapshot of that pic. It's not totally naked. Did you notice that it was a reversed image. Me being an Ozzy geek I noticed right away his tattoos were wrong in the pics.

Do you have any pics of your room? I have to scan them, or maybe I can photograph them and post them. I hate to embarrass myself, but it can't be worse than being "Disney girl" at work, so what the heck? :king:

I have a memory of Ozzy looking into a mirror or something looking back like it was backwards.

I had Band pics ALL over my room -when I turned 16 and got the Disney Bug I took my Heavy metal pics down to make room for Disney Art and Attractions pics. I cut my hair and went TOTALLY PREPPY. This was around 1986 when the preppy look was Penny Loafers,Khakis,and Polo Shirts with the collar standing up with a sweater wrapped around ur neck.

EPCOT.nut

I have a memory of Ozzy looking into a mirror or something looking back like it was backwards.
This one he looks to be at home, outside near the pool, standing in front of his french doors. :lol: He has his hands keeping what modesty he has left.

I had Band pics ALL over my room -when I turned 16 and got the Disney Bug I took my Heavy metal pics down to make room for Disney Art and Attractions pics. I cut my hair and went TOTALLY PREPPY. This was around 1986 when the preppy look was Penny Loafers,Khakis,and Polo Shirts with the collar standing up with a sweater wrapped around ur neck.

I had the pics all over my room also and I would cut lyrics from the back of Hit Parader and tape them to the wall. I wore Penny Loafers in Catholic School, so when I got out in 6th grade I never wore them again. :animwink:
The preppy thing was happening, huh? I wasn't very happening and hung with the metal/punk crowd. We would skip in the afternoon to go watch Headbangers Ball and attain an upwards mental state. :lol: Good times.

wedway71

This one he looks to be at home, outside near the pool, standing in front of his french doors. :lol: He has his hands keeping what modesty he has left.

I had the pics all over my room also and I would cut lyrics from the back of Hit Parader and tape them to the wall. I wore Penny Loafers in Catholic School, so when I got out in 6th grade I never wore them again. :animwink:
The preppy thing was happening, huh? I wasn't very happening and hung with the metal/punk crowd. We would skip in the afternoon to go watch Headbangers Ball and attain an upwards mental state. :lol: Good times.

Yes the upward mental state.....

Remember the scene in Fast Times at Richmont High with the smoking van in the school parking lot?:wave::wave::wave:

NJDVCMembers

Original Poster
DW is sitting here reading all the replies and reminiscing... now she wants to run out to the store for a really large can of Aqua-net and curling iron. :ROFLOL:

blm07

Love the Tribute album, got me into Ozzy almost a year ago (late bloomer, but better late than never).

Anyway, I noticed the castle while watching the video as well. Here is the screenshot from the video.

snapshot20080313021447.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
great photos. absolutely great. im a huge ozzy fan, past and present, with and without sabbath. luckily for ozzy, he had sharon all those years or we might be refering to him in past tense.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Saw Ozzys recent tour, heres hoping its his last. Considering it was his home town he was mince, yes I know you love us all Ozzy but is there any chance of actually doing a song?

Heaven & Hell however were fantastic. Dio is still the diminutive but powerful voice of rock :D

Mikester71

I always wanted to play guitar...guess that is why I married a guitar player and became his little roadie. :eek: I bought No Rest for the Wicked when it came out (on tape) and I listened to it on my Walkman on the bus on the way to school and back home every day for maybe 3-4 days and realized that Zakk had a lot of fancy crap going on but there was no meat on the bones of his chops. Prior to that Ozzy had Jake E Lee and he was really good, but not as good as Randy. I have a few Ozzy VHS from the early days, including some bootleg footage, and mostly of Jake. He looked good in leather. :lol:

The first CD I ever bought was Megadeth "So far, so good, so what" and I didn't have a CD player yet. I just knew that when I could afford one I wanted to play that one first. Second CD was Metallica "Master of Puppets" - also at that time I bought some metal in vinyl because I knew it was going soon.

My ultimate 80's metal faves - Yngwie Malmsteen, Iron Maiden, Dio, Danzig, Testament, Candlemass.

My poor mom. :lookaroun

Glad we have some Disney fans that also have good taste in music. If there was a metal club in PI we'd have a meet.

As much as I liked the "thrash" metal from the 80's, I hate to admit it, but I was mostly into the hair bands. I loved Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Dokken, Motley Crue, LA Guns, Faster Pussycat, Guns n Roses, Tesla, and so on. I had my whole bedroom plastered with pics from Circus, Metal Edge (my personal fave) and Hit Parader and the likes. I barely had a spot where you could see the paint. I also had the 80's chicks representing up there...Lita Ford, Dora from Warlock, Lee Aaron (Canada's Metal queen) and then Samantha Fox posters (for the obvious guy reasons)! :ROFLOL:

My all-time favourite 80's bands though would have to be Van Halen, then Ozzy, and then Def Leppard. Loved Ozzy with Zakk best until this year when I really got into the older Ozzy albums with Randy. Jake E Lee was okay; actually like him better in Badlands though. It suited his style more.

Bought my first CD before I had a CD player too - haha! ;) Knew I would be getting one in a matter of time, so went to Detroit with my cousin and a buddy and bought Def Leppard - Hysteria, Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy and Dokken - Beast From The East and Back For The Attack. Replaced most of my old cassette tapes and then some now with my CD collection. Buying alot of the newer "screamo" stuff coming out now too....Alexisonfire (my personal faves now), Silverstein, Emarosa, and such. Reminds me alot of the older metal bands and what good music should sound like.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Some of us are old enough to remember Leppard as an opening act for AC/DC and Maiden for Priest.

Maybe its time to move the Beatles tribute act on and get something a bit less turgid.

NJDVCMembers

Original Poster
Some of us are old enough to remember Leppard as an opening act for AC/DC and Maiden for Priest.

Maybe its time to move the Beatles tribute act on and get something a bit less turgid.

Okay... who's going to start the petition thread to replace the Beatles cover band "British Invasion," with a Def Leppard cover band?

MaxsDad

Way back when in about '86, saw Metallica OPEN for Ozzy in Charlotte, NC. At the time, Ozzy was King to the Metal world, and to me personally. After the "openers" I knew I had just witnessed something. There was a new sheriff in town, and he was a bad ***. This was the beginning of the Master Tour. Cliff was still with us. When their set was over, my friends said I looked like I had seen a ghost, white as a sheet. Ozzy went on to put on a great "show"(Ulitmate Sin), as I am sure he usually did. But you could tell that the Metal World was about to kick it up a notch and shove it in your face, and Metallica was the one that ushered it to the mainstream.

MaxsDad

Time and again.

I bought St. Anger right before I a had major change in my life, and stopped listening to metal. So I can't comment about the band since then cause I haven't kept up.

But, yeah, its hard to have direction when you are wasted, and ego centric.

The beginning of the end was the Napster thing. Lars made an *** of himself. Read the liner notes on Garage, Inc. He specifically talks about taping albums other people own for his use. I guess it was OK when it was some unknown bar band struggling to get by, but if a someone copies the music of a band rolling in dough, then it is wrong and requires a congressional investigation?

What a jerk.

And to stay on thread, yes Randy was uber talented. I remember a great deal of anomosity toward Ozzy when Randy died. I guess kids just want to blame somebody. I have had the tribute CD for a long time, but never noticed the pictures as being Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom