Out of EVERYTHING in the disney world to come and go.....

tomm4004

Others have covered attractions and I agree with them all. For restaurants, it would be the wonderful Papeete Bay Veranda in the Polynesian. It was airy and elegant. It was replaced by Ohana in 1994. The Poly needs a really great restaurant.

rkelly42

Here is my top five:

1. Horizons
2. World of Motion
3. The Original Spaceship Earth
4. Mr. Toads Wild Ride
5. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Nixjem

Oh my... I loved so many.

Journey into imaganation
horizons
Kitchen cabaret
20k Leagues Under the Sea
Mr. Toad
World of motion
The orginal tiki room
Wonders of life

puntagordabob

I would like to have Jose take back the show at WDW- MK (with the Disneyland version) and have the new management show go bye bye.... Let's All Sing Like The Birdies Sing & In The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room are much better numbers than what they currently have in there (no disrespect intended to Gloria Estefan, but her tunes just don't fit there IMHO).

The WDW Tiki Room is where I first saw the show in 1971....so seeing it BACK in Florida would be Truly Magical for me!

Hrudey3032

Wow just 1 is to hard to list but #1 would be Horizons.
rest of my top 10
2-WoM
3-Skyway
4-Spaceship Earth Irons version
5-20,000 Leagues under the Sea
6-Journey into Imagination
7-AE
8-Timekeeper
9-Mike Fink Keel Boats
10-Diamond Horseshoe Revue

Enchantâmes

I can't choose but here are mine in no specific order.
Adventurer's Club
Kitchen Kabaret
The original JII
Tropical Serenade
Horizons
World of Motion
UoE's original preshow and finale
Delta Dreamflight
Timekeeper
AE (I never got to experience it)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

my dad misses the living seas 2 b/c his company sponsored it, so he got to go backstage, get free drinks and food, and get right onto whatever they had in there (i dont remember b/c i was too young)
If I had a company that Sponsored my favorite ride for Disney...Heck, I would be living my life just being able to do that stuff!

marsrunner

Damn, I just don't know. There's so many things that are gone that I miss. The original Imagination pavillion. World of Motion. Horizons. The original Communicore. The Living Seas. The Original Spaceship Earth (I still like Walter Cronkite's version the best!). The Fiesta Fun Center at the Contemporary Resort. If You Had Wings. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The Tropical Serenade. At least those last two are still at Disneyland and I get to go on them pretty regularly now that I've gotten over my WDW bias since I live in Phoenix.
I guess though I'll go ahead and say I miss Horizons most, even though its a somewhat obvious choice, followed very closely by World of Motion and Spaceship Earth (Walter Cronkite version). Can't I just pick FutureWorld circa summer 1986? :)

rock_doctor

I guess the thing i miss the most is probably River Country. It was fun walking from the campsite to RC and then to Pioneer Hall for make-it-yourself Pizza. Maybe the "Marsh Mellow Marsh" or Discovery Island...

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
im amazed how little of these things ive heard of and how much people want them back. i always knew there was something before MS took it over, but i never knew what horizons was. What was in there?

DisneyFreak1228

I can't pick just one. I can't do it. There's too much I'd give anything to experience just once more.

-The original Imagination pavillion
-TOAD!
-Horizons
-The original Living Seas pavillion (forget clamobiles, give me hydrolators and seacabs anyday!)
-World of Motion
-Enchanted Tiki Room before Iago and Zazu turned it into a hallow shell of the greatness it once was...you know, before it went "Under New Management"
-Timekeeper
-MSEP. A billion times better than that wannabe SpectroMagic parade.
-...I never thought I'd say it...but Stars and Motor Cars. SMC > BPB, IMO.

lbrad

If You Had Wings...sentimental reasons :)
My uncle/my dads bestman/friend worked for them...(actually he worked for a travel agency and his wife was an airline stewardess). Beautiful couple full of love (no children of their own at the time)...helped my family take our first trip to Disney World in 1974!!!! MAGICAL!!! Fell in love the minute my eyes saw "The Mouse" and then "The Castle" :)
Oh the rides...If You Had Wings...Its A Small World...20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...The Teacups...and Dumbo!!!!
My dad rode on Dumbo with me till he was green!

Love the pics of "If You Had Wings". Thanks for the stroll/nostalgia down memory lane

I cherish the memories!

EpcoTim

im amazed how little of these things ive heard of and how much people want them back. i always knew there was something before MS took it over, but i never knew what horizons was. What was in there?

Thats blasphemy my good friend. Horizons was the ride that showed just how good, how insane imagineering and the Disney company could be.

Start searching this site and also http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id41.htm and
http://www.pansophist.com/ephor7.htm

And maybe also check out the original Journey into Imagination also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom