Out of control WDW ticket prices

Tonka's Skipper

Than I guess you need to tell our UK friends that they cannot be involved in these ticket price conversations. :rolleyes:

The OP was just stating the prices he was subject too and by your response, it sounded like you did not understand where they got the prices.

I personally find it interesting understanding how Disney markets to our overseas friends.

Yes I didn't believe he was correct and if the pricing 49rs found is the same the poster had, it shows I was right.

It was a polite discussion.

AKK

jlsHouston

If you stand on your head, spin around, and rub your belly. The 'regular' season rates are $136/$164 - and most discounts on values are typically 15-20%. The room is still subpar (its lower than most holiday inn express) and no where near being called a 'luxury' offering. Even Disney's Deluxe hotels generally are well below what anyone would call 'luxury'.

Don't confuse what they charge with what they offer.

That's true having had the good fortune to stay at a few world class properties in San Francisco and Phoenix a WDW deluxe room is somewhat comparable to a Hyatt Place room...maybe the pillows are better at Hyatt Place. But a deluxe room at WDW (except for the one I had at AKL with no dresser) makes me a lot happier and pleased with my "digs" than the Hyatt Place in Dallas.....
I guess I am satisfied with the deluxe offerings at WDW. Actually I am satisfied with all the resorts I've had the good fortune to stay at from value to deluxe. I think overall Disney has done a good job in creating magic at their resorts and making them friendly for families, couples, singles alike.
But it is totally true depending on what discounts are available, what time of year you want to visit and where you want to stay, Values at Disney can be as much as a room beachfront at PCB at the Best Western. Actually I don't think the a standard Value room ever hits $ 200/night but with a AP discount spring break is $ 147 per night....
I wouldn't consider $ 150/nite a deal on a Best Western or Holiday Inn...But for another comparison I priced that week, Friday night in Tallahassee and those hotels are selling at $ 104-119 spring break. Compare it to POP at $ 147....I guess you could say staying on property at the cheapest Disney resort even with discounts during holidays is going to cost you at least 20% more than a comparable room in a high occupancy city.

jlsHouston

Went bowling on Tuesday. Kids loved it.

It was too cold one day last November to wander the parks so we took the kids to the DVC activity place at BW and they made a ceramic figure and played video games...They had fun. We haven't made it to the bowling place yet but planning that for one day during our next visit!

jlsHouston

Ok, I'll make it simple for you since you can't connect the dots.

You don't know what you are talking about.

You dismiss the ticket option as not being available... it is
When shown it is.. you slide your argument to talking about the price vs it's existance.. which is what you actually said
Now yet again.. you slide your argument that it's about UK vs US... when if you had done ANY amount of searching you would have found the same flex tickets are available in the US.

OH NO I think I interpreted the the postings wrong....I thought everyone was discussing the range of pricing at the resorts....I didn't realize it was UK pricing versus US pricing. I thought everyone was talking about how much higher the rooms were at WDW all categories compared to off site hotels....

jlsHouston

Than I guess you need to tell our UK friends that they cannot be involved in these ticket price conversations. :rolleyes:

The OP was just stating the prices he was subject too and by your response, it sounded like you did not understand where they got the prices.

I personally find it interesting understanding how Disney markets to our overseas friends.

ME TOO and I just clicked on that link about the 14 day admission to the various parks in Orlando and geez can I order those from the UK and then use them ??? Will they ship to the US ?

Disneyhead'71

This is what $174/night (with AP discount) gets you up the road at Six Fl...oops, I mean Universal.

BB_8219_clublevel_bb_horz_1_tcm13-33907.jpg

jlsHouston

This is what $174/night (with AP discount) gets you up the road at Six Fl...oops, I mean Universal.

BB_8219_clublevel_bb_horz_1_tcm13-33907.jpg

Is this on property at UNI ? Because I just priced 3 nights there on property and the cheapest was $ 455/per night at Portofino over the March spring break. But I don't have a AP for UNI. Are they really discounting the rack room rate by over 50% for AP's at UNI?

Cesar R M

In Mexico, they sell these.. strange packages that almost sounds like fraud.

example.. 4 ppl, 4nights at Florida, 4 nights at a disney resort (they dont say which one so I suppose value), 4 days of tickets to disney and 1 extra for universal, and 3 night cruise for like 30,000 pesos (thats like 2800 USD)
all food included and car included. (or so they say).

You see these ads every day in cable tv (like infomercial quality)

Ok, I'll make it simple for you since you can't connect the dots.

You don't know what you are talking about.

You dismiss the ticket option as not being available... it is
When shown it is.. you slide your argument to talking about the price vs it's existance.. which is what you actually said
Now yet again.. you slide your argument that it's about UK vs US... when if you had done ANY amount of searching you would have found the same flex tickets are available in the US.
Maybe its time to just cut of the conversation.
The other side almost feel like they build a fort for defending the prices if Disney.

That's true having had the good fortune to stay at a few world class properties in San Francisco and Phoenix a WDW deluxe room is somewhat comparable to a Hyatt Place room...maybe the pillows are better at Hyatt Place. But a deluxe room at WDW (except for the one I had at AKL with no dresser) makes me a lot happier and pleased with my "digs" than the Hyatt Place in Dallas.....
I guess I am satisfied with the deluxe offerings at WDW. Actually I am satisfied with all the resorts I've had the good fortune to stay at from value to deluxe. I think overall Disney has done a good job in creating magic at their resorts and making them friendly for families, couples, singles alike.
But it is totally true depending on what discounts are available, what time of year you want to visit and where you want to stay, Values at Disney can be as much as a room beachfront at PCB at the Best Western. Actually I don't think the a standard Value room ever hits $ 200/night but with a AP discount spring break is $ 147 per night....
I wouldn't consider $ 150/nite a deal on a Best Western or Holiday Inn...But for another comparison I priced that week, Friday night in Tallahassee and those hotels are selling at $ 104-119 spring break. Compare it to POP at $ 147....I guess you could say staying on property at the cheapest Disney resort even with discounts during holidays is going to cost you at least 20% more than a comparable room in a high occupancy city.

I agree in you in a certain way.
Anyway for me, the real value is not in the rooms per se; they look very generic in the values vs moderate vs deluxe..etc..
What I love of these hotels is their theme and feeling and their SERVICE.
I really loved POR for example, very relaxing, with the river and 1 fast and 1 seat restaurant very close.. I was "I'm ok with this"

Besides, We cant compare doctored photos by professional artists who know how to photoshop to make anything look incredibly memorable(plus I'm pretty sure they always use their best rooms).
Id suggest comparing user photos vs user photos of each room.

Is this on property at UNI ? Because I just priced 3 nights there on property and the cheapest was $ 455/per night at Portofino over the March spring break. But I don't have a AP for UNI. Are they really discounting the rack room rate by over 50% for AP's at UNI?
some concierge services (like the one I work for) can get very high discounts vs normal rates.
the HotelsPro system for Resellers, Vendors & Travel Agents for example.. always give a minimum 20% discount, sometimes up to 70%.
(for example: a 5 star hotel next to the cruise terminal area in vancouver, for just 240 USD a day, instead of the default 390$ daily rate)

Disneyhead'71

Yes, that is Portofino Bay. And the $174/night deal was run on select days during the off-season last year. I believe that this year's AP deals start at $182/night.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Again everyone is bending the numbers to fit they side of the story. I will agree that Disney one day price is too high, but they did that years ago when they changed the pricing to keep people on the parks longer. On the other hand if you take the number of days that I visit the park last year and divided into my annual pass with Disney Vacation Club Discount I was paid less than $20.00 a day. It is not fair to compare that price for others and say Disney is cheep. For the average out of town vacation of 5 to 7 days with a park hopper pass, the price is still not that bad.

flynnibus

Premium Member
ME TOO and I just clicked on that link about the 14 day admission to the various parks in Orlando and geez can I order those from the UK and then use them ??? Will they ship to the US ?

Ugh... this is people getting their wires crossed.

The same flex pass mentioned on that UK site is available here in the US - nothing special here.

The UK vs US angle is born in a sliver of truth because THERE ARE ticket offerings (especially from Disney) that Disney offers to UK clients that they do NOT offer here. But in THIS case... Orlando Flex passes are something you can buy from any number of outlets here in the US.

Cesar R M

Again everyone is bending the numbers to fit they side of the story. I will agree that Disney one day price is too high, but they did that years ago when they changed the pricing to keep people on the parks longer. On the other hand if you take the number of days that I visit the park last year and divided into my annual pass with Disney Vacation Club Discount I was paid less than $20.00 a day. It is not fair to compare that price for others and say Disney is cheep. For the average out of town vacation of 5 to 7 days with a park hopper pass, the price is still not that bad.
not everyone can afford the DVC or monthly trips to WDW . just sayin'

WOW...a Lowes room at $182 a night, that is a freaking deal....
Would you prefer Macy's room? lol

jlsHouston

The same flex pass mentioned on that UK site is available here in the US - nothing special here.

The UK vs US angle is born in a sliver of truth because THERE ARE ticket offerings (especially from Disney) that Disney offers to UK clients that they do NOT offer here. But in THIS case... Orlando Flex passes are something you can buy from any number of outlets here in the US.

Okay but not on the mousesaver place because that is like a 10% discount. I found some company that offered companies that subscribed to it some decent vacation type discounts and WDW tickets were on their list of offerings. I tried to get RFX to sign up last October so I could get tickets that way. I ended up at OrlandoFunTickets and saved like $60 bucks on 4 tickets. I am the only one with an AP right now although I am thinking I am going to buy the grandkids their AP's if I do go at spring break.
I would love to buy those 21 day tickets those for $ 500 bucks. I would plan my visits to WDW for 21 days per year split of course but that would be great....

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

So how much is a 14 day Orlando Flex pass that will get me into Universal each day of that two weeks?

flynnibus

Premium Member

But a Hyatt Place isn't luxury brand at all. It's actually a step down in the Hyatt ladder and intended to be a more contemporary upscale offering competing on the level of brands like Holiday Inn Select.

Even ignoring price - what Disney offers and brands itself is nothing like a luxury product. Sure, if you are used to the classic economy brands Disney is a step up. But it's not even on the level of 'upscale' properties, let alone luxury. Luxury chains are like like Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, etc.. with the smaller ones actually usually going much further. Heck, aim down and say at a W property or the like.. but Disney's offerings are corn-fed middle america compared to actual luxury products.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
not everyone can afford the DVC or monthly trips to WDW . just sayin'l

That is my point. What is a fair price to one person may not be to another. I think one day ticket to Disney is way to high, but so is Universal and so many other park tickets. For the way I visit Walt Disney World it is a good deal. I make several trips per year (driving six hours each way) and do not have to see everything on ever visit. I might only go on three or four rides during a three day trip. So things just work out for me and my family. So if Universal or any other park is a better deal for your family than go there.

asianway

The add on TV just this last month said $68.00.

Please...you presented that room as a luxury deluxe at Disney, it is not and never was intended to be so. but as a value, it looks clean and in good condition and I do not consider it sub par to Holiday inn express, which often depending on location can reach $180.00 a night.

I repeat, location, location, location and the beanies of being on WDW property.

AKK
I've never seen an ad on TV quote a room only price-it probably said per person per day for a vacation package...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom