Out of control WDW ticket prices

Tonka's Skipper

Deluxe does not mean 4 or 5 star, its deluxe and the Disney resort that are deluxe live up to their name without a problem, especially when you add it the theming, pools , restaurants and other amenities. What also has to be taken into account is that Disney resorts was themed to unique subjects, IE Wilderness lodge, the poly, Old Key west. in these areas the regular deluxe and luxury cannot match them.

Add to that Location, location, on the WDW property, the resort fully delivery what they advertise.

Now do they match a 4 or 5 star hotel like the Plaza or 4 seasons.................no...........nor are they trying to. Those resorts are directed to a totally different clientele.

It is like the old story............your comparing apples to ornages.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Just looked it up on the Flex Pass site and the cheapest flex pass I found was $307.00 per person. This is a lot more than a one day ticket to Walt Disney World. So the person who said that you could get a 14 day ticket for the same price of a Walt Disney World ticket was worng. That price is about the same as a five day base price ticket to Walt Disney World. I guess it is up to you which you want to do.

Goofyernmost

Sold as a luxury brand? Not sure what your definition of 'luxury' is... but I sure don't see any Rolex in Disney marketing.. more like Timex.
Please... I can sell you my 05 Cadillac as a vintage automobile. If you accept it, you will buy it. There can be a difference between how it is represented and what it is. When it is coupled in with where it is located and what they are trying to get out of their vacation, to them it is luxury. It doesn't matter what it really is, to them, does it? To someone that doesn't travel a lot or hasn't spent any time in a luxury hotel it will be what they are told it will be and they will not know the difference. One persons garbage is another persons treasure. It is and always will be, what it is worth to them, not to you or I.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Please... I can sell you my 05 Cadillac as a vintage automobile. If you accept it, you will buy it.

You can call your Cadillac a truck - it doesn't make it a truck. Luxury in this context is not a relative term - its a tier of quality/offering. A Holiday Inn Express is not a luxury hotel brand just because you are used to staying in a Red Roof Inn... or because you splurged and took a weekend off and had a vacation you didn't need to take.

How many times do I need to point back to the original comment I responded to.. for those who can't follow the little arrows..
"Disney is a luxury experience. It isn't meant to be affordable."

Calling something a 'luxury experience' and making references to BMW is more than saying 'taking a vacation is luxury, not a necessity'

Tonka's Skipper

Just looked it up on the Flex Pass site and the cheapest flex pass I found was $307.00 per person. This is a lot more than a one day ticket to Walt Disney World. So the person who said that you could get a 14 day ticket for the same price of a Walt Disney World ticket was worng. That price is about the same as a five day base price ticket to Walt Disney World. I guess it is up to you which you want to do.

This was my point form the start.

AKK

Goofyernmost

You can call your Cadillac a truck - it doesn't make it a truck. Luxury in this context is not a relative term - its a tier of quality/offering. A Holiday Inn Express is not a luxury hotel brand just because you are used to staying in a Red Roof Inn... or because you splurged and took a weekend off and had a vacation you didn't need to take.
I don't and haven't argued that point ever. I'm just saying that to many it is also a perception. Like it or not. You know it's not a full fledged luxury and I know it's not a full fledged luxury, but they don't and even if they do they are willing to pay the extra to have a 5 foot mouse running around close by. So, it doesn't matter, build it and they will pay. I don't know how to say it any simpler than that. Besides the higher the rack rate, the bigger the discount that they can offer and still make a killing. It certainly is worth it to some people otherwise all the resorts would be empty.

Not to mention the idea that Luxury is a generic term and not really a rating. 4 star/5 star is a rating. Luxury could mean as little as clean sheets and running water. It depends on who is selling and who is buying.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Tonka' Skipper you where right and what is going on which this site is that there are a few people that are bending everything to make Disney look bad. I have started post as much as I can when I see something like this happening. I am waiting for them to now come forward and say you where right. How about it guys!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm still waiting to hear back from the person to whom I replied, to see if that was the offer they got....

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I don't and haven't argued that point ever. I'm just saying that to many it is also a perception. Like it or not. You know it's not a full fledged luxury and I know it's not a full fledged luxury, but they don't and even if they do they are willing to pay the extra to have a 5 foot mouse running around close by. So, it doesn't matter, build it and they will pay. I don't know how to say it any simpler than that. Besides the higher the rack rate, the bigger the discount that they can offer and still make a killing. It certainly is worth it to some people otherwise all the resorts would be empty.

Not to mention the idea that Luxury is a generic term and not really a rating. 4 star/5 star is a rating. Luxury could mean as little as clean sheets and running water. It depends on who is selling and who is buying.
And you are doing a great job of holding up your motto "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...Baffle them with bull!". Disney may not be the Ritz, but the room I stayed in last month at Animal Kingdom was sure a luxury room to me and I have traveled all over the world.

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I'm still waiting to hear back from the person to whom I replied, to see if that was the offer they got....

Just remember that not all offers are good ones. I had a person once want to sell me a five day hopper pass for half what it cost on the Disney Web Site. When I read the details there were so many strings attached that I would of spent three of the five days in sale pitchs for timeshares.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just remember that not all offers are good ones. I had a person once want to sell me a five day hopper pass for half what it cost on the Disney Web Site. When I read the details there were so many strings attached that I would of spent three of the five days in sale pitchs for timeshares.
I don't care whether the offers are "good" or not. I'm simply waiting to hear from that person in the U.K. as to wether or not what I located was the offer they were referring to. Obviously they would have more information available to them than I could likely find....

Tonka's Skipper

Tonka' Skipper you where right and what is going on which this site is that there are a few people that are bending everything to make Disney look bad. I have started post as much as I can when I see something like this happening. I am waiting for them to now come forward and say you where right. How about it guys!

Most have seen what goes on here and you are correct. The small group just wants to bash Disney and if anyone stands up to them they gang up, twist the facts, etc. The funny part is I am not happy with a lot of what Iger is doing !

This is why attendance/posting on this site is going down, many just won't bother with them.

As to this case, I have no problem with the original poster, but I knew I was right, but its not important, but thanks !

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Most have seen what goes on here and you are correct. The small group just wants to bash Disney and if anyone stands up to them they gang up, twist the facts, etc.

This is why attendance/posting on this site is going down, many just won't bother with them.

As to this case, I have no problem with the original poster, but I knew I was right, but its not important, but thanks !

AKK
Attendance on this site has almost reached 77,000 members. I think it's doing ok. And anyone who does like the tenor of the conversation has plenty of alternatives....

Tonka's Skipper

Attendance on this site has almost reached 77,000 members. I think it's doing ok. And anyone who does like the tenor of the conversation has plenty of alternatives....

Member and the number of people posting seem to be 2 different things.
I don't like the ganging up part, but I enjoy a debate and am able to make my points, so I think I'll stay and enjoy your company.

AKK

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Member and the number of people posting seem to be 2 different things.
I don't like the ganging up part, but I enjoy a debate and am able to make my points, so I think I'll stay and enjoy your company.

AKK
And approaching 6,000,000 posts. Hardly all the work of a vocal minority....

Whatever you wish to do. Never said you had to leave, so you can be at ease with any assumptions....

jlsHouston

not everyone can afford the DVC or monthly trips to WDW . just sayin'

Would you prefer Macy's room? lol

HAHA or Nordstroms

IMG_0335_resized.jpg

Disneyhead'71

Besides, We cant compare doctored photos by professional artists who know how to photoshop to make anything look incredibly memorable(plus I'm pretty sure they always use their best rooms).
Id suggest comparing user photos vs user photos of each room.
OK, here are a few pics from when I stayed at Portofino Bay last April.

2usy989.jpg

24q0kkl.jpg

nl54qo.jpg

33n9efn.jpg

m2gao.jpg

And here are the current AP Discounts

ir8g3s.jpg

Tonka's Skipper

And approaching 6,000,000 posts. Hardly all the work of a vocal minority....

Whatever you wish to do. Never said you had to leave, so you can be at ease with any assumptions....[/quote

I never though you did. What I am saying is fewer post when this *tenor* starts, people are afraid to post and just leave the thread...........I see fewer people posting, maybe the *tenor* keeps the count up, but the names seem fewer and fewer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom