Out of control WDW ticket prices

Tonka's Skipper

You think this is a 'luxury experience'?
standard-room--v660339-1600.jpg

In your car analogy... Disney is charging BMW prices and delivering Hyundai product.

Disney is a PREMIUM product (and not a product sold on price alone..) not a Luxury product. Not even in areas where they are still doing well.. like DCL.

No 'luxury' hotel contains 2k-3k rooms or luxury experience includes being packed like sardines in public places

If I am not mistaken, that is a Disney value resort, which you can get for as little as $68.00 a night when they run a discount.

Seems very cheap to m4e, especially when staying on property. Location, Location, Location.

thomas998

We were at WDW last August. There were no horses or trolleys. Every single ride that we went on broke down, some for considerable periods. The parks were quite dirty and the condition of the monorail was dreadful. It also broke down when we were on it and the AC in our car was broken.

We are long time disney fans and DVC members. Our vacation last August was so bad that we cancelled our projected December trip and went to DL instead.

We are returning to WDW in May and I am hoping for a better experience. We are not anti-Disney or even Universal fans. However, the differences between WDW and DL were striking.

You must have been very lucky when you were at DL. We've managed to put in a short trip to DL every year for a while now... And the only thing I really like about DL vs WDW is that it is smaller so you walk less... But you complained about the AC being broken in the monorail at WDW... At least they normally have an AC to break down. The monorail in DL has no air conditioner at all that I am aware of at least there has never been one running on any of our trips there just open windows and people trying not to die form the heat... so I can only guess that your trip wasn't in the summer or you would have been complaining... You are also probably very lucky on your rides at DL... In the last trip alone we experienced multiple ride failures that closed rides down... and the one thing you really seemed to miss is that the crowds at DL are horrible... Even during non-peak times during the week the mad rush of local AP holders going after work to see shows like Fantasmic creates a horrible crowd... So please, let me know what time of the year you went to DL because I need to schedule our next trip then because your trip sounds like it was far better than any of the ones we've had lately.

thomas998

If I am not mistaken, that is a Disney value resort, which you can get for as little as $68.00 a night when they run a discount.

Seems very cheap to m4e, especially when staying on property. Location, Location, Location.

I thought the same thing... We made the mistake of staying in those value resorts once and realized they were little more than shiny versions of a Motel 6.

Tonka's Skipper

It's disgusting and I don't know how anyone can defend it. It cost the same amount for a 2 week unlimited universal ticket than a one day disney ticket. It's disgusting, a rip-off and they are isolating many families.

Funny, I cannot find a 2 week Uni ticket anywhere...........

However if you feel its true, I would respectfully suggest you go to Uni.

Tonka's Skipper

I thought the same thing... We made the mistake of staying in those value resorts once and realized they were little more than shiny versions of a Motel 6.

thought they were ok., my grand kids loved the shiny!...........So did I, especially at the price! and being on property. We do usually stay at OKW

NormC

Riverside has not changed much under 6 Flags, Maintenance has gotten better and there are new coasters for the adrenaline junkies but it still has a nice feel about it, Personally I prefer Canobie Lake smaller more intimate park with lots of of old school attractions.
Love Canobie Lake. We take the kids there every year at least once. Charming little park. Six Flags NE is also fun but a bit of a drive from the NH seacoast.
Of course I am sitting in Kidani typing this while waiting on same kids to decide where we are going today in the Florida rain.

flynnibus

Premium Member

If you stand on your head, spin around, and rub your belly. The 'regular' season rates are $136/$164 - and most discounts on values are typically 15-20%. The room is still subpar (its lower than most holiday inn express) and no where near being called a 'luxury' offering. Even Disney's Deluxe hotels generally are well below what anyone would call 'luxury'.

Don't confuse what they charge with what they offer.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Florida is a huge market from the UK, iirc its about 600,000 annually. However, in the US scale of things it's not so big. Market share to Florida though has grown significantly in the last 10-15 years.
)
If your 600k figure is correct thats a 18% fall in two year and a 40% fall over 5. Still its only a fringe market.

Tonka's Skipper

If you stand on your head, spin around, and rub your belly. The 'regular' season rates are $136/$164 - and most discounts on values are typically 15-20%. The room is still subpar (its lower than most holiday inn express) and no where near being called a 'luxury' offering. Even Disney's Deluxe hotels generally are well below what anyone would call 'luxury'.

Don't confuse what they charge with what they offer.

The add on TV just this last month said $68.00.

Please...you presented that room as a luxury deluxe at Disney, it is not and never was intended to be so. but as a value, it looks clean and in good condition and I do not consider it sub par to Holiday inn express, which often depending on location can reach $180.00 a night.

I repeat, location, location, location and the beanies of being on WDW property.

AKK

flynnibus

Premium Member
The add on TV just this last month said $68.00.

Please...you presented that room as a luxury deluxe at Disney, it is not and never was intended to be so. but as a value, it looks clean and in good condition and I do not consider it sub par to Holiday inn express, which often depending on location can reach $180.00 a night.

I repeat, location, location, location and the beanies of being on WDW property.

AKK

You are the one using extremes at BOTH ENDS to ignore the point being made. No wonder people give up...

jlsHouston

Love Canobie Lake. We take the kids there every year at least once. Charming little park. Six Flags NE is also fun but a bit of a drive from the NH seacoast.
Of course I am sitting in Kidani typing this while waiting on same kids to decide where we are going today in the Florida rain.

AW....go to one of the activity centers or bowling in DTD...A rainy day at WDW beats 37 and overcast in Houston with a pile of freight I can't find trucks for :(

BiffyClyro

Funny, I cannot find a 2 week Uni ticket anywhere...........

However if you feel its true, I would respectfully suggest you go to Uni.
Well, It's not hard to find them. And "respectfully", we did.

Trust people on here to take everything offensively to them. I don't know how anyone can defend the price. I love Disney, we have always had an amazing time when we have gone, but lets face it... Universal have offered a lot more lately.

Tonka's Skipper

Well, It's not hard to find them. And "respectfully", we did.

Trust people on here to take everything offensively to them. I don't know how anyone can defend the price. I love Disney, we have always had an amazing time when we have gone, but lets face it... Universal have offered a lot more lately.

Nothing personal here.

Glad to here you like Disney and yes, UNI has done some good thing, I especially loved HP. Others things not so much.

Sir, with all due respect I just don't believe 2 weeks at UNI for 1 day at WDW.

We have to agree to disagree on this.

AKK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom