Out of control WDW ticket prices

PhilharMagician

Truth! Never had to worry about my car getting broken into while at Disney or worried about being mugged in the parking lot. Or being overwhelmed by all the youths acting a fool

I have had many more problems @ WDW than at Six Flags parks in the past. Many guest in WDW just seem to feel entitled, are pushy and very confrontational. Probably because they are spending a small fortune to take the family on vacation for a once in a lifetime experience at the Busiest Place on Earth. Manhattan during rush hour is less busy than the MK on most days. :eek: Then forget it when you visit when the Pop Warner stuff is going on or the cheerleading competitions. These teens running around WDW unsupervised is downright irritating. Did it once not knowing what it would be like and I would not bring a young child to WDW again during Pop Warner in December. Maybe I am racist.

psukardi

I have had many more problems @ WDW than at Six Flags parks in the past. Many guest in WDW just seem to feel entitled, are pushy and very confrontational. Probably because they are spending a small fortune to take the family on vacation for a once in a lifetime experience at the Busiest Place on Earth. Manhattan during rush hour is less busy than the MK on most days. :eek: Then forget it when you visit when the Pop Warner stuff is going on or the cheerleading competitions. These teens running around WDW unsupervised is downright irritating. Did it once not knowing what it would be like and I would not bring a young child to WDW again during Pop Warner in December. Maybe I am racist.

Maybe that's because you're staying at a value resort? I've never experienced any of these things you speak of when staying on property - but then again I usually stay the BC/YC or the GF. Or if I'm staying off property I just stay at the Gaylord which is right near DTD and is really nice. Wonderful spa and great food.

disneyflush

I'm looking at Disney Cruise Line.

Or Tokyo Disneyland.

Or even the new and improved Disneyland Resort.

Other parts of Disney's Parks & Resorts segment do it.

Corporate Disney simply chooses not to anymore at Walt Disney World. :mad:

It feels like corporate Disney has chosen to treat WDW as more of a museum than as a constantly evolving experience. WDW for many people in corporate and many people on these boards is already "good enough" and need not expend any additional resources on getting better. For many, there is no correlation between rising prices and rising expectations to go along with the prices. I'll never understand that.

Maybe that's because you're staying at a value resort? I've never experienced any of these things you speak of when staying on property - but then again I usually stay the BC/YC or the GF. Or if I'm staying off property I just stay at the Gaylord which is right near DTD and is really nice. Wonderful spa and great food.

Go back and read all of your posts from this thread. I hope you don't always speak to people in a dismissive, passive-aggressive manner. Methinks you need a little more of the overpriced magic sir.

PhilharMagician

Never stayed at a value resort. Typically stayed @ AKL, BC, WL or BLT. All of the problems have been in the parks. DHS and MK being the worst.

psukardi

Never stayed at a value resort. Typically stayed @ AKL, BC, WL or BLT. All of the problems have been in the parks. DHS and MK being the worst.
If that's the case then my apologies on that front. However, one must do their research and be aware of the hardships that arise when those people come to the park whether it be the POP warner or the BTGs. Sometimes you just can't have nice things.

DonChi

If ticket prices were more inline with the Six Flags prices, then we'd also have some of the problems in those parks. For the most part, a family can still safely visit a Disney park that is clean, friendly, etc... I can't say that about Six Flags ... we stopped taking the kids years ago when we didn't like the 'guests' and the appearance at the parks. Yes, it costs a bit more to go to Disney but it's where I CHOOSE to spend MY money.

Man, don't try to use a Flash Pass in Six Flags LA, you will be surrounded by gang member/just out of prison type guys speaking in spanish (I'm Mexican) and saying why the… you cut in line, we have been doing the line for X hours…bla,bla,bla.

Back then was in 2007, I think that FP was new because of what the people say.

And when it was time to exit the park, Six Flags, uses cops to help.

Cesar R M

The complacency of the company seems to have spread into the guests...
There's a dangerous cycle...
because some of these individuals(specifically in this forum) do not see it as "guests"... they see it as shareholders...

Believe it or not, you can please shareholders while putting out a superior product......I'm looking at you Apple.....
except apple as its long story of ignoring defects and problems? they have a PR system that would make anyone drool.
Mickey Pixie dust is nothing compared to Job's "its magical" dust.

If you want to compare, id say Samsung is the best example of balance of both profitability, choice and availability. (aka company makes money, they give users choice of different offers and they have it at different acceptable pricepoints).
Apple? it was always "top end or top end, no middleware" aka no choice.

to resume.. Apple was a very bad choice to mention as comparison.
plus, I do not think you can "export" all the services by CMS of WDs to be handled by chinese nationals receiving 1/10 of the US CMs. (aka how little apple pays foxconn and contractors to build ipads, iphones at 800% profit)

Or Tokyo Disneyland.

most probably due of its perfect ecosystem of hotels, empty space to grow and huge bulk of parks.

noone of these parks have anything similar.
They have to shine to show themselves (quality wise and price wise). WDW doesnt need it (at least not until Uni starts pounding WDW's revenue hard and WDW hotels start to get empty.)

Man, don't try to use a Flash Pass in Six Flags LA, you will be surrounded by gang member/just out of prison type guys speaking in spanish (I'm Mexican) and saying why the… you cut in line, we have been doing the line for X hours…bla,bla,bla.

Back then was in 2007, I think that FP was new because of what the people say.

And when it was time to exit the park, Six Flags, uses cops to help.
funnily, that happened to me in Six Flags of Houston back in 2006(or 2007, I do not remember).
This gang type group of latinos.. had one guy spit on my shoes as they walked behind me and 2 cousins.. then when I looked back he was all confrontational with his "cholo" poses asking for troubles. not a fun sight. D:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Or Tokyo Disneyland.

Just because the name "Disney" appears in front of a business or theme park does not mean that you handle them all in the same way.

Jimmy Thick

Disney raises prices, Universal raises prices, it goes hand and hand.

If you cannot afford it or don't think you're getting proper value, don't go, simple as that.

How much did a car cost in 1960? How much do cars cost now? I mean, you can make any analogy that you want, but as other have said, Disney is not a necessity, you don't need it to survive,( but others can and will debate that, ;)), I just don't see any valid reason to bring up the price of tickets, it is what it is.

Jimmy Thick- And the price people are willing to pay no matter what.

JerseyDad

Who says they have to?

....the guests say so. They have the loudest voices ....and said voices are colored green ...and in most cases ...have President's faces on them.

....unless of course WDW has taken 'ownership lessons' from the Pittsburgh Pirates.

I'm going to be kind of frank here and forgive me if it offends....DISNEY IS OVERPRICED. Point blank. They get away with it because nobody does it better than them. They've built, developed, and mastered their brand. I understand people will continue to pay. I understand they are in business to make money. That doesn't mean us, as consumers, have to blindly be happy with the stinging feeling of giving your credit card info over to the Mouse.

Will I continue to pay the enormous toll for a week of bliss? YES!!! but darn it...I WILL COMPLAIN. To those who say it isn't valid, doesn't matter, it's good value, GO TO A DIFFERENT THREAD. You will never convince any one who earns their money that Disney isn't overpriced. Just isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Mawg

I wonder how many one day tickets are even sold. I would think the majority of tickets are for 4+ days, how would a 7 day ticket compare with the CPI? It seems to me if you want to compete with UNI (which I really don't think they care that much about) Then you raise the price of your 1 day and continue to deeply discount the longer you stay so that people are discouraged to go to other parks. I think we'll see the single day ticket go over the $100 mark in the next 12 months.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Overall I think the CPI is broke or manipulated for government's own gain.

According to CPI, we haven't had an inflation problem since the 80s.

When I look around my normal life.. I see prices skyrocketing over the last 10 years.

Anyone look at the price of a candy bar in your local 7-11 these days? What used to be .50 is like 1.29 or 1.50 - that is twice the jump the CPI would infer.

Overall I think the CPI is a poor indicator of what prices SHOULD be doing across all markets. At best it's an indicator of what 'some' things have done.. and I don't even think it's a good representative anymore across common household things.

To the OP - the chart shows the intended purpose IMO. Price increases have not been linear... they don't match the government's tracked change in trends...

To the point of 'shareholder value' - beyond tracking the share price there is little justification of the correlation of these trends... we don't get to see where that extra money is spent in the organization to support that 'shareholder value'. What if that extra money is just going towards increased overhead inefficiencies?

thomas998

If you think Disney isn't putting enough money into the parks, vent your anger where it should go. The NFL and other sports that have sucked billions from Disney for the privilege of showing ball games on ABC. Frankly I wish ABC would stop chasing sports... they cost way to much to televise they then just pass the costs onto the advertisers that then pass them on to the customers, so whether I even watch a game or not I'm paying more for my car tires simply because some athlete is getting paid a huge salary for playing... Now that's my view as a shareholder of Disney... as for the ticket prices, raise them more. I wish they were twice as high. Or at the very least do away with the multi-day discounts. I want the park to charge so much that when I go there I don't feel like I'm at central station at rush hour.

thomas998

Overall I think the CPI is broke or manipulated for government's own gain.

According to CPI, we haven't had an inflation problem since the 80s.

When I look around my normal life.. I see prices skyrocketing over the last 10 years.

Anyone look at the price of a candy bar in your local 7-11 these days? What used to be .50 is like 1.29 or 1.50 - that is twice the jump the CPI would infer.

Overall I think the CPI is a poor indicator of what prices SHOULD be doing across all markets. At best it's an indicator of what 'some' things have done.. and I don't even think it's a good representative anymore across common household things.

To the OP - the chart shows the intended purpose IMO. Price increases have not been linear... they don't match the government's tracked change in trends...

To the point of 'shareholder value' - beyond tracking the share price there is little justification of the correlation of these trends... we don't get to see where that extra money is spent in the organization to support that 'shareholder value'. What if that extra money is just going towards increased overhead inefficiencies?

Yes the CPI is manipulated like mad. In many different ways. They change the basket of goods they use to define it as they see fit, usually to try and keep down payment for things like social security. But while the Fed claims our current inflation for the past few years has been less than 2% a year, I notice things in the supermarket jumping up by 5 or 10% per year.... If anything the inflation should be based on everyday necessities, instead it includes all sorts of longer term items that are only put on the list to manipulate it down.

mr_braver23

If ticket prices were more inline with the Six Flags prices, then we'd also have some of the problems in those parks. For the most part, a family can still safely visit a Disney park that is clean, friendly, etc... I can't say that about Six Flags ... we stopped taking the kids years ago when we didn't like the 'guests' and the appearance at the parks. Yes, it costs a bit more to go to Disney but it's where I CHOOSE to spend MY money.
Exactly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom