Our road trip, resort hopping, HOT, HOT, HOT trip report: August 9-21, 2010

I just got back a few days ago, and while laundry waits for me, I was excited to get started on this.

We are a family of six. There is me, Jenn, my hubby, Sam, 15 year old daughter, drama queen, Lexy (or as she has taken to calling herself by her middle name this trip Ariana :lol:), 9 year old daughter and mini drama queen, Lainey, 8 year old son, Roderick, and finally 6 year old daughter, Bella.

This was our first trip ever driving. My parents drove down when I was a kid, but we have never driven as adults. I was super excited for this new adventure. Sam was really not excited at all! He kept checking every day for flight prices to see if they had dropped.

I think because of this new experience there was more drama and crankiness before the trip. Sam and I were at each other a bit. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I had this horrible mosquito bite. I had been itching it for days and on Saturday, the day we planned on leaving, it was very red and puffy looking. Really half of the back of my calf was involved. I asked Sam if he had ever seen a bug bite look like that and he said no. So we headed to the urgent care because I was worried that if it was getting infected that it would only get worse during our trip. So we spent two hours sitting around in a tiny boxlike room waiting to see a doctor for a prescription. It was crazy and not like we didn't have a million things to do. So we were snapping at each other a little, and I think at this point I didn't even want to go on the trip any more. I was ready to just scrap it. But we went home and starting throwing stuff in suitcases. Sam would have loved to been packed already but since I'm the procrastinator it wasn't done. Needless to say we were running late from our self-imposed leave time. Sam said if we were flying we would have missed the plane.

But at 10:30 at night we were finally ready to go. Here is the three little ones excited to get started. Lexy was cranky and too cool for this picture.

IMG_8517.jpg

I have a picture of Sam before we left, but he insisted on loading the garage with the door closed so not everyone would know we were leaving on vacation so he was hot and sweaty. :lol:

We have a 26 hour drive ahead of us without stops, be we left Saturday night because at this point we don't know if we'll want to stop and rest somewhere. We are due in on Monday the 9th and I wanted to be there right away in the morning. So here we go!

sweetpee_1993

Still totally soaking up the trip report (when I can). Love love love it!

I had to try the Lapu Lapu.

IMG_9172.jpg

Now I have to say that my drink was not as delicious as I was led to believe. It was ok, but it was a little sour. I actually preferred Sam's pina colada as everyone else did as well. I don't really condone my 15 year old drinking, but she will get a taste of what we have. Well, her taste of Sam's pina colada involved gulping down most of what was left. I hate to admit it, but she was extremely pleasant at dinner. We haven't taken to plying her with alcohol, but she must take after her mom who is always a bit looser and happier with a few in her. :lookaroun:lol:

I'm an official Lapu Lapu lover. ((raises hand)) I, too, have had a couple that weren't mixed right. My "bad" ones were waaaaay too strong. It was like they were straight up alcohol on rocks in the pineapple. When I said something to our "cousin" when we got to the table he brought me another one (it was just as much of a butt-kicker) so I asked for a glass of the juice so I could mix it myself. LOL! I muscled thru both. By the time I got to the bottom of the second one I was not being bothered by the strong liquor anymore. It became my friend! Considering I never drink (I think since January I *may* have had a beer at a business dinner sans kids), I was feeling...well...ripe!

BTW, we've let the boys sip our drinks in years past. It's not that unusual. I'd love to tell you all about Chandler at a cookout at our house about 4 years ago but I just know I'll be :fork: mercilessly by some who would think us horrible parents. Funny stuff.

This picture is blurry, but it is so funny. I decided that I don't like peel and eat shrimp. Your hands get messy, it's just too much work. But Roddy loves them as long as someone will peel for him. Sam hates even the smell of seafood, but he was peeling them for his boy. Check out his face while doing it though.

IMG_9195.jpg

I hate Buzz. It's so much harder than Toy Story Mania. Maybe I just dislike it because I am so bad at it. But I was sitting with Roddy for this ride and he apparantly is a bit better than me.

IMG_9207.jpg

Sam always asks everyone what they got after. He was like, "Roddy got how many?" He couldn't believe it. :lol:/
I'm with Sam: if it smells fishy I want nothing to do with it. Tracey is big into bass fishing. His friends, cousins, brothers, etc. laugh at him because whatever he catches he has to either release or give away. I won't let him bring any fish into the house. He can't cook shrimp or crab inside either. The smell is nauseating. LOL! Crawfish? Forget it. They stay outside. I do understand the willingness to soil one's hands for the kiddos, tho. I've shelled many a crawfish at a crawfish boil for Brian because he loves 'em so much. LOL!

Yay for Roddy's epic win!!! Isn't it awesome?! I love to see the little guys max out the scores. Their expressions are totally adorable!

I think if you had to buy 6 plane tickets that you might change your mind pretty quickly! It was really so much cheaper- and not at all that bad (unless you ask Sam).

And as for Lexy, she completely doesn't understand my love for Disney and truly doesn't want to go there every year. She was asking my parents if she could stay with them while we went. But I think secretly, she has a fondness for the place. She sure scrambled to get in that picture with Ariel. And she adores AK and EE. I think it's exactly what you said about thinking your parents are lepers and not wanting to hang with them. She desperately wanted to bring a friend, but that fell through, so she was stuck with us. We had a few rough moments where she said she was never coming back to this place again. But overall, she had a great time. And better yet, we all had a great time together. I spent a lot of time hanging with her and just talking. I think she got a better understanding of where I'm coming from and why I love this place so much. I can't count the number of times that she hugged me on the trip. It was absolutely fabulous! I think it really brought us all together and it is continuing now that we are home too.

Not that she isn't a bratty teenager at times... :lookaroun but she is really trying to be patient with us people. :lol:

Yeah. Just the cost to fly 4 somewhere is enough to sway the balance towards driving. We've figured it up. Gas, food, & a hotel room in either direction would cost us about $700 to the high side. It would likely be considerably less because our halfway mark is Pensacola so we could crash at my Gramma's house instead of getting the hotel room(s). Cheap flights for 4 out of Houston would run us over a grand PLUS nearly $100 for covered parking. Besides, road trips are fun! Back in the day 1/2 the fun of a family vacation was the adventure in just getting there. I'm sure lots of us have memories of long road trips where all sorts of silliness went down (ie. my brother snorting Pixie Stix...priceless!)

Teenagers....gotta love 'em! In just 3 short months I'll officially have 2 to contend with. Yikes! Yeah, that one-on-one time is important for them and for us. I'm so glad y'all had some time together. That's awesome. I can't imagine what it's like to have one not be as excited as us to go to WDW, tho. Does it hurt your feelings at all? I think it might kinda hurt in a way if one of the boys expressed that they'd rather stay home than go with us, teenager or not. I dunno. That's tough. For all the resistance you got from Lexy, she sure looks like she had a ball in every one of your pics. ((Not that you're so eager to poke a camera in her face & take pics in a not-so-pretty moment on the trip...LOL)) Good to see that the family had fun together and enjoyed each other. No matter what teenagers might think right now, the family time is the coolest part of a Disney trip. :wave:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Still totally soaking up the trip report (when I can). Love love love it!

I'm an official Lapu Lapu lover. ((raises hand)) I, too, have had a couple that weren't mixed right. My "bad" ones were waaaaay too strong. It was like they were straight up alcohol on rocks in the pineapple. When I said something to our "cousin" when we got to the table he brought me another one (it was just as much of a butt-kicker) so I asked for a glass of the juice so I could mix it myself. LOL! I muscled thru both. By the time I got to the bottom of the second one I was not being bothered by the strong liquor anymore. It became my friend! Considering I never drink (I think since January I *may* have had a beer at a business dinner sans kids), I was feeling...well...ripe!

BTW, we've let the boys sip our drinks in years past. It's not that unusual. I'd love to tell you all about Chandler at a cookout at our house about 4 years ago but I just know I'll be :fork: mercilessly by some who would think us horrible parents. Funny stuff.

This picture is blurry, but it is so funny. I decided that I don't like peel and eat shrimp. Your hands get messy, it's just too much work. But Roddy loves them as long as someone will peel for him. Sam hates even the smell of seafood, but he was peeling them for his boy. Check out his face while doing it though.

IMG_9195.jpg

I hate Buzz. It's so much harder than Toy Story Mania. Maybe I just dislike it because I am so bad at it. But I was sitting with Roddy for this ride and he apparantly is a bit better than me.

IMG_9207.jpg

Sam always asks everyone what they got after. He was like, "Roddy got how many?" He couldn't believe it. :lol:/
I'm with Sam: if it smells fishy I want nothing to do with it. Tracey is big into bass fishing. His friends, cousins, brothers, etc. laugh at him because whatever he catches he has to either release or give away. I won't let him bring any fish into the house. He can't cook shrimp or crab inside either. The smell is nauseating. LOL! Crawfish? Forget it. They stay outside. I do understand the willingness to soil one's hands for the kiddos, tho. I've shelled many a crawfish at a crawfish boil for Brian because he loves 'em so much. LOL!

Yay for Roddy's epic win!!! Isn't it awesome?! I love to see the little guys max out the scores. Their expressions are totally adorable!

Yeah. Just the cost to fly 4 somewhere is enough to sway the balance towards driving. We've figured it up. Gas, food, & a hotel room in either direction would cost us about $700 to the high side. It would likely be considerably less because our halfway mark is Pensacola so we could crash at my Gramma's house instead of getting the hotel room(s). Cheap flights for 4 out of Houston would run us over a grand PLUS nearly $100 for covered parking. Besides, road trips are fun! Back in the day 1/2 the fun of a family vacation was the adventure in just getting there. I'm sure lots of us have memories of long road trips where all sorts of silliness went down (ie. my brother snorting Pixie Stix...priceless!)

Teenagers....gotta love 'em! In just 3 short months I'll officially have 2 to contend with. Yikes! Yeah, that one-on-one time is important for them and for us. I'm so glad y'all had some time together. That's awesome. I can't imagine what it's like to have one not be as excited as us to go to WDW, tho. Does it hurt your feelings at all? I think it might kinda hurt in a way if one of the boys expressed that they'd rather stay home than go with us, teenager or not. I dunno. That's tough. For all the resistance you got from Lexy, she sure looks like she had a ball in every one of your pics. ((Not that you're so eager to poke a camera in her face & take pics in a not-so-pretty moment on the trip...LOL)) Good to see that the family had fun together and enjoyed each other. No matter what teenagers might think right now, the family time is the coolest part of a Disney trip. :wave:

I think I must have gotten a poorly mixed one. It was sour and very strong. I remember that first sip and I was like, "What is this and why do people like it so much?" But I spent money on it so I was drinking it! :lol: You should pm me your story about Chandler, I bet it's good!

I sense you and Sam might be kindred spirits! That sounds so much like him!

Roddy was so surprised when he got that score. He got it in like the second room too. But the look on Sam's face was the best. :lol:

I think that Lexy's eyes were really opened after our trip, but I will admit that the few times she got cranky she really hurt my feelings. When she told me that she never wants to go to this stupid place with me ever again, I was really hurt. I actually steered clear of her for awhile. I think I felt like I had worked so hard to provide all of these fabulous things for her and she just spit them back in my face. She apologized and hugged me and we talked about it. It's all cool now, and I do remember saying hurtful things to my mom. Now I just realize how much it hurt her.

sweetpee_1993

I think I must have gotten a poorly mixed one. It was sour and very strong. I remember that first sip and I was like, "What is this and why do people like it so much?" But I spent money on it so I was drinking it! :lol: You should pm me your story about Chandler, I bet it's good!

I sense you and Sam might be kindred spirits! That sounds so much like him!

Roddy was so surprised when he got that score. He got it in like the second room too. But the look on Sam's face was the best. :lol:

I think that Lexy's eyes were really opened after our trip, but I will admit that the few times she got cranky she really hurt my feelings. When she told me that she never wants to go to this stupid place with me ever again, I was really hurt. I actually steered clear of her for awhile. I think I felt like I had worked so hard to provide all of these fabulous things for her and she just spit them back in my face. She apologized and hugged me and we talked about it. It's all cool now, and I do remember saying hurtful things to my mom. Now I just realize how much it hurt her.

I hear ya. The one that I got that was soooo strong I wasn't about to not drink. Even w/TiW those things ain't cheap! I muscled thru best I could. After a while the strong-ness of it wasn't so noticable (surprise!). LOL! I'll PM ya that silly story! :lol:

I think Sam & I must be kindred spirits on that level because the second look at the expression on his face and I know I've made that face loooots of times. I can't even stomach going into the Joe's Crab Shack so the guys can have their crab. I just send 'em without me!

I love it. Just when you least expect it your kids will totally shock the shoes right off ya! LOL!

Eh, I know how it is with the teens. They say stuff that reflects the emotions they're going thru without thinking. I know I did my share back when I was that age. You're so right about that. Usually if the boys can tell it hurt my feelings they'll come around faster just because they have the little tender spot for their momma. I see them doing that to each other, too, which really flames my tush. I know I fought a lot with my brother and all so I try not to make it into more of an issue than it is. I'm trying so hard to get them to think before speaking **especially** when they're mad or sad or aggravated or having the big wave of emotion. Once you say something no matter how many apologies you make you can't erase it. It was said and it was heard. Empathy is tough to teach. Lexy seems like she's definitely on the right course with you. You do good, Momma! ((Gotta give the mom-props...it's what us Moms do!)) It just blows when the lesson comes with the sharp edge pointed towards us sometimes. :D

Killer report! So glad you aren't posting it faster because I'm able to keep up! :sohappy:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Ok, here we go...on a roll now. We're moving on to day four Thursday August 12, 2010. I know, I know, I'm slow!

This was our day a the Studios. I love the Studios, even though no one else really does. And today just felt kind of eh, probably because it was HOT and everyone was feeling a little cranky.

We were there in time for rope drop, and Sam went off to get fast passes for toy story since it would be closed the next time we were here. I took the kids to see some characters while he did that. They were complaining becuase it was hot and the sun was in their eyes. I just think it's funny, because we got the best picture ever with Daisy and Donald...no really the best picture ever.

IMG_9214.jpg

Hee hee, then it was off to see Minnie, who is Bella's favorite.

IMG_9217.jpg

IMG_9218.jpg

We decided to hit up rockin rollercoaster while we waited for fastpasses. Unfortunately, this is just one ride that Bella isn't tall enough to ride. We did manage to get a bunch of fastpasses though from a nice CM who noticed that Bella wasn't tall enough and thought she should ride something else.

Roddy also chickened out at this time. He said he didn't want to ride. So Sam waited with Roddy and Bella and Lexy, Lainey and I rode.

IMG_9219.jpg

IMG_9221.jpg

I really want you to feel my pain while I waited for this ride. The wait wasn't as long as expected and I had two people who never had ridden before waiting and feeling anxious. It was hilarious. Lexy was ok, but Lainey was freaking out. I knew she would like it, but it's just getting her on it in the first place. She was upset that she couldn't ride with me. I told her I'd ride with the stranger so that Lexy and her could ride together. She started crying and rubbing her eyes. People around me were looking at me like I was a horrible mother. I just tried to ignore it, because if you try talking to Lainey while she's like this she gets really mad and it makes it worse.

I pretty much dragged her on the ride, and guess what? She loved it! In fact, she talked Roddy into going on it with Sam and Lexy and her. So Bella and I waited for them to go on again quick.

Then, it was time for Bella to get a ride in. ToT is my favorite, but no one else really likes it. Lexy, Lainey and Roddy decided to ride rockin again, while Sam and I waited to go on ToT with Bella.

IMG_9223.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

IMG_9226.jpg

IMG_9227.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
At least Bella is happy to be going on my favorite ride!

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg

IMG_9234.jpg

This so obviously was not going to turn out, but I still had to do it.

IMG_9235.jpg

I was a little worried about how Bella was going to do, but I heard her giggle as we were dropping so I knew it was ok. She said she really liked it.

We hurried off and went back to rollercoaster to see if the others were done yet.

IMG_9239.jpg

It was perfect timing, because they were just getting off the ride.

We strolled around a little.

IMG_9240.jpg

Lexy had never noticed this topiary and thought it was really cool! I was wondering where she's been all these years!

Our fastpasses were ready for toy story. I don't think I could handle standing in standby for this one. It's crazy.

IMG_9243.jpg

Always hamming it up.

IMG_9245.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

There was some trash talking going on about who was going to be victorious this time. I had beaten Sam twice last August and I wasn't letting him forget it. Of course, he ran out and bought the Wii game so that he could "practice". Are you wondering who was defeated? Well, let's just say that I didn't do so well this time.

IMG_9249.jpg

My score's on the left, I was with Bella. But Sam still beat me. Now that's a real downer!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
After being defeated, I was feeling hungry, so we began our search for some food.

I thought I told those kids i'm hungry, they should stop playing around!

IMG_9252.jpg

Of course, anything mermaid like we have to stop for!

IMG_9250.jpg

The kids wanted pizza, so pizza it is!

IMG_9253.jpg

Surprisingly enough we have never eaten here before. We usually end up in the commissary, you know, mom, the place with the tvs.

IMG_9254.jpg

I'm finding that I'm too lazy to post my food pics in the proper thread, so I'm going to start posting them here. Because if there's one thing that this trip report needs more of, it's pictures... :lookaroun

IMG_9256.jpg

The pizza was fine here, same as anywhere else on property.

IMG_9257.jpg

IMG_9259.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

Here's our lady and the tramp impression.

IMG_9260.jpg

I'll finish up with lunch and more when I get back. The kids want to play yahtzee now. Score!

sweetpee_1993

Love it! So cool! We had Pizza Planet our first time on our last trip, too. Not bad at all. I really liked the combo deal where you get the pizza and the salad together. It totally hits the spot: cold crisp of the salad veggies paired with the warm softness of the pizza. I know. I'm gettin' all foodie over the stinkin' Pizza Planet! LOL! Maybe we were just "that hungry" and it seemed better than it was. We got there at opening so everything was fresh. Nice! And gotta love the big "Yo" truck up on the mural! I love that!

The last pic... got me gigglin.... Sam looks like he's seriously thinking about biting you to get that pizza! LOL!

Still soppin' up the details! Thanks for the update.... :wave:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Love it! So cool! We had Pizza Planet our first time on our last trip, too. Not bad at all. I really liked the combo deal where you get the pizza and the salad together. It totally hits the spot: cold crisp of the salad veggies paired with the warm softness of the pizza. I know. I'm gettin' all foodie over the stinkin' Pizza Planet! LOL! Maybe we were just "that hungry" and it seemed better than it was. We got there at opening so everything was fresh. Nice! And gotta love the big "Yo" truck up on the mural! I love that!

The last pic... got me gigglin.... Sam looks like he's seriously thinking about biting you to get that pizza! LOL!

Still soppin' up the details! Thanks for the update.... :wave:

Yes, it is definitely the combo of pizza and crisp salad that makes it so good! I can't remember what I might have gotten for a dessert there, I do remember that Sam got a big mickey rice krispie treat though. Yum. Sam said I did the picture wrong, I was supposed to be looking at him, but I think it's funnier that way!

So, after we ate, I took a few pictures. There are really a lot of neat details.

IMG_9263.jpg

Lainey noticed the hidden mickey.

IMG_9266.jpg

Who doesn't love some lgm?

IMG_9267.jpg

This is funny only because they weren't actually playing.

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9270.jpg

I'm really not a freak, but for some reason I felt called to take this one. I think becuase it was so quiet and empty and long looking.

IMG_9271.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
It was really so very nice inside the air conditioning during lunch. Then, when we had to walk outside, it was like a slap in the face. It was so hot, we just had to get inside somewhere. So we decided to wait for star tours.

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

IMG_9276.jpg

I think the boys are reallly looking forward to this one being redone.

Who is this dork?

IMG_9281.jpg

I don't see the draw, but we always have to spend some time in here every time we ride.

IMG_9282.jpg

I think everyone and their brother has these pics, but for some reason the kids always insist. And you know if one does it...

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9285.jpg

I'll be back with more later.

HollyBelle

I LOVE me some LGM!!! Wow, I can’t remember the last time I was in Pizza Planet; seriously, I think it’s been 4-5 years. Brett and I may have to eat there just so I can soak up the ambiance and make a scrapbook page!

Oh yeah, and the bathroom shot is hilarious. At some point during this past trip, Brett told me he was surprised I hadn’t started taking and posting such shots yet. :lol:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
I LOVE me some LGM!!! Wow, I can’t remember the last time I was in Pizza Planet; seriously, I think it’s been 4-5 years. Brett and I may have to eat there just so I can soak up the ambiance and make a scrapbook page!

Oh yeah, and the bathroom shot is hilarious. At some point during this past trip, Brett told me he was surprised I hadn’t started taking and posting such shots yet. :lol:

I thought of you when I posted that lgm picture. I guess I know where you'll be eating! :lol:

I guess I beat you to the bathroom shots then... :lookaroun:D

minnie2000

Great report!

I like the look of Old Key West. DH and I spent our honeymoon in the Florida Keys, and it brings back lots of memories!

eagles

thank you for posting the food pics here!!!!!!!! a trip report is better with them. :sohappy:

the bathroom pic is so funny. now i wonder how many are going to start taking those pics. :ROFLOL:

some of those pics the poor little ones look really hot. i still can't believe you can take it in august. i would never beable to do that.

tiaragirl

Aw, you guys are so beautiful! The pictures with you and your hubby are priceless.. usually I have to force my parents to take pictures together. It was easier last trip because it was their anniversary, thankfully!

It appears that your kids get a long really well. I feel that Lexy is really similar to my sister now, who just turned 16.. family time is NOT cool, unless you're at Disney! She looks like a little fashionista.. Her dad better watch out when the boys come around ;)

Keep it up! Loving this TR.

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Thanks for the in depth recount =]

It actually helps me to remember things as well! :D

Great report!

I like the look of Old Key West. DH and I spent our honeymoon in the Florida Keys, and it brings back lots of memories!

It was a great resort! I bet you'd like it!

thank you for posting the food pics here!!!!!!!! a trip report is better with them. :sohappy:

the bathroom pic is so funny. now i wonder how many are going to start taking those pics. :ROFLOL:

some of those pics the poor little ones look really hot. i still can't believe you can take it in august. i would never beable to do that.

I knew someone would be happy about the food pics! :lol:

I swear, that was the only bathroom picture I took the whole trip! Although I really wanted to take one in adventureland. That bathroom is so pretty! But it was way too busy for that! Could you imagine the looks I would have gotten?

It was hot, but I'm sure it would be just as hot in June or July, so what do you do? I think the kids liked it because normally they wouldn't get so much pool time, Sam would make them spend the whole day in the parks!

Aw, you guys are so beautiful! The pictures with you and your hubby are priceless.. usually I have to force my parents to take pictures together. It was easier last trip because it was their anniversary, thankfully!

It appears that your kids get a long really well. I feel that Lexy is really similar to my sister now, who just turned 16.. family time is NOT cool, unless you're at Disney! She looks like a little fashionista.. Her dad better watch out when the boys come around ;)

Keep it up! Loving this TR.

Thanks! Lexy is a complete fashionista! Luckily she's too busy with dance to have too much time for boys!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
It wasn't time for our dinner here yet, but I wanted the kids to get excited for what's in store.

IMG_9286.jpg

They also wanted to try the umbrella.

IMG_9287.jpg

I don't know why, but they really love honey I shrunk the kids playground. That was one thing that they remembered from past trips. I suppose the theming is pretty neat.

IMG_9288.jpg

IMG_9290.jpg

IMG_9291.jpg

IMG_9292.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
We snuck in the back of the animation building so that we could meet some characters. This was a mistake, the kids were so not interested in it at this time, but I explained to them that this was a nice break from the heat.

IMG_9294.jpg

Big surprise, Lexy liked this picture of Ariel.

Frozone was out. So the kids got in line, even though we've seen him quite a few times before.

IMG_9299.jpg

He may be a mean bear, but we still had to get in line for Lotso.

IMG_9303.jpg

I completely admit that I shamelessly copied two excited college girls who had the idea for this picture.

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

Well, he can't be that mean, he even hugged Lexy.

IMG_9306.jpg

IMG_9308.jpg

IMG_9309.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Then, we hopped in line to see Mickey. This was the slowest longest line ever! I think everyone got a little cranky while waiting for him. But I insist on seeing Sorceror Mickey on each trip! He is my fave!

Another hug for Lexy.

IMG_9310.jpg

IMG_9312.jpg

We tried to get Elastagirl and Mr. Incredible, but they had to leave when we were one away and Frozone was going to be back out. Bummer.

So we headed to Sci Fi for dinner. I think this is definitely a one of a kind dining experience, even if the food isn't that fabulous. I didn't take any food pictures because it was so dark, but my shrimp and pasta was pretty good. Sam said his butcher steak wasn't good. And I think Lexy might have had the chicken sandwich, or else maybe a salad. I can't remember.

IMG_9314.jpg

IMG_9315.jpg

IMG_9316.jpg

IMG_9318.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
IMG_9319.jpg

IMG_9321.jpg

I mercilessly teased Sam about his "cherry sprite" which I told him is just another name for a shirley temple.

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9323.jpg

I think the best part of the dinner was our waiter. He was really good, teasing the kids and just having fun. I wish I could remember his name, but it was really strange something I couldn't pronounce, so I can't remember it. He offered to take a picture of us. I should have changed the lens, but I had the 50 mm on. He was such a good sport. He backed up about three tables and then was holding his hand in the air to try to get us all in. It was so funny. He must have had to try 5 or 6 times to get this.

IMG_9327.jpg

Roddy really enjoyed the clips. He was mesmerized. I think the waiter must have talked to him three times before he finally got his attention.

IMG_9328.jpg

The best was Bella and Lainey were sitting in the front of the car. The waiter told Bella that she had to pay because she was in the drivers seat. She was like, "what?" She really thought she had to pay. After he left, she turned around to me and said, "Mom, I need to borrow some money to pay for this." Then, when the waiter came back and asked if she had any money to pay, she said, "Well, I have $100." He was like, "That's not enough, can you wash dishes?" I don't think she could wrap her mind around the concept that $100 wouldn't be enough to pay. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom