Our MK is poor next to Disneyland!!

raven

Well I would rather having the 21th SM + whole new Submarine ride with average themed Tomorrowland than the 70's SM+ pooh's playground in a better-looking tomorrowland.

MK's Tomorrowland is much more spacious and theamed than DL's version. I didn't even recall hearing music in that area when I was there in February. What I DO remember very vividly is the crowded paths and stroller parking in front of all of the buildings in Tomorrowland at DL to ruin the mood. Also, once you found an attraction it was difficult to tell where the line started because they all ran together. Astro Orbiter, Star Tours and Buzz lines all converged out in the main pathway through Tomorrowland and we thought a concert or something was going on because that whole area was jammed with people that were confused as we were. We eventaully avoided Tomorrowland all together.

jaredliu

MK's Tomorrowland is much more spacious and theamed than DL's version. I didn't even recall hearing music in that area when I was there in February. What I DO remember very vividly is the crowded paths and stroller parking in front of all of the buildings in Tomorrowland at DL to ruin the mood. Also, once you found an attraction it was difficult to tell where the line started because they all ran together. Astro Orbiter, Star Tours and Buzz lines all converged out in the main pathway through Tomorrowland and we thought a concert or something was going on because that whole area was jammed with people that were confused as we were. We eventaully avoided Tomorrowland all together.
However, being spacious do no good for me if the rides are weak. SM is...very 70th, and Buzz is so painful to ride because of the joystick problem. Stitch? ...forget about it. When peoplemover becomes the best ride in Tommorowland of MK for me, the layout or the theme of the land wouldn't even matter. If you won't ride SM and Submarine(when it open) becaue "the mood is ruined" by the layout you don't like, then fine. I haven't notcied a bit and I am sure what most people care more is about the ride.

raven

However, being spacious do no good for me if the rides are weak. SM is...very 70th, and Buzz is so painful to ride because of the joystick problem. Stitch? ...forget about it. When peoplemover becomes the best ride in Tommorowland of MK for me, the layout or the theme of the land wouldn't even matter. If you won't ride SM and Submarine(when it open) becaue "the mood is ruined" by the layout you don't like, then fine. I haven't notcied a bit and I am sure what most people care more is about the ride.

Why is Buzz so painful due to the joystick? Are you trying to sit on it?

Actually, a ride is a ride is a ride. If you want to experience a "ride" go to Islands of Adventure. If you want to experience an "attraction" go to WDW.

Trust me, most people don't go to WDW for the rides as you say. There are 5 amusement parks within a 4 hour drive of where I live. If I wanted to go on a ride I would go there. But I want to be emersed into an attraction and theame. Those parks can't do what Disney has done. Their attractions actually have a story to them, not just a tummy-tickle here and there.

PintoColvig

[DL] jammed everything under the sun into one park, because they have no where else to put it. WDW spreads the love to 4 magnificent parks.
I think this mostly summarizes what I think of the WDW vs. DL debate. I haven't been to DL yet though I get to for a few days in July of next year in conjunction with a business trip. Nevertheless, it appears to me that in this debate that DL is better than MK but the WDW Resort as a whole is far, far better than the DL Resort as a whole.

Ain't it great that we've got both?!!

marchofthecards

Hi,

Yes I also agree that DL is better than FL MK. To be honest, Disneyland Paris is a better park that FL MK. It has the best Adventureland. Things make sense and better themed at DL and DLP. The Fantasyland into Tomorrowland in FL is just awful. I avoid that area, its so severe in transistion.

And I would not say it is just for the 50th! Pirates before its recent rehab was always better than FL. Very similiar to DLPs actually, in that there were more drops and longer scenes.

Fantasmic is much better in DL. DCA is getting better too. Becoming more like a studio lot park, which it didn't open as.

Disneyland, Anaheim is holy ground, (you can feel it in The Tiki room and Mr. Toad) , its 'ring fence protected'. You can feel Walt was there, and the shere delicate scales of it compared to WDW, shows that WDW was always going to be about size. I love WDW and there is nothing else like it, but you know, there is nothing like Disneyland either; the original and the best! :animwink:

Simes

scottnj1966

They both have its good and bad.

WDW is a full resort which is something I always thought everyone knew until I went to Disneyland. Now I understand some of the questions I get asked on my website.

I did get many of the rides of video. Small world at disneyland was terrible but I liked it when the steam train rode right through the beginning.

Splash mountain in CA felt darker and scarier...by rough!!! single ride logs were not that good either.

Space mountain in CA was awesome with the new sound system. we need it. It was so good that I thought we were going to launch at the lift like in paris.

Many rides in Fantasyland in CA. WOW. We are stripped down. Why? We dont have enough money or kids visiting the WDW?

Well many other comparisions but I am outta time...going to disney quest.
night all

MainSt1993

Stop picking on DLR's castle! One of the biggest reasons it's so short is because it's in scale with the Matterhorn. And the way Tinkerbelle flies around the castle for the fireworks - amazing! And it's an effect that can't be achieved at MK. Yes, Anaheim is a toilet, but you can't see the surrounding city when you're inside either park. DLR feels like a much more intimate experience, and enjoys so much local love that WDW simply can't replicate.

That said, WDW is a fun vacation, with lots and lots to do. But it's really unfair to the subordinate parks to try to compare them to Disneyland. After all, Walt always said Disneyland is the star.

Actually, in FL I like all the parks EXCEPT for MK. :p

TTATraveler

Stop picking on DLR's castle! One of the biggest reasons it's so short is because it's in scale with the Matterhorn. And the way Tinkerbelle flies around the castle for the fireworks - amazing!

Yeah, I would take a short castle anyday that allows Tink to magically fly around it during the fireworks then a tall castle where Tink just slides down 1 time. I like Wishes, but Remember, Dreams Come True is simply awesome.

yellowrocket

Hmm..
In my humble opinion (been to Disneyland 2 times; Walt Disney World about 20 or so)... If you're comparing the Magic Kingdom to Disneyland, I think they are pretty much equal. The different in attractions and space pretty much cancel each other out. They each have better and inferior attractions than their counterpart...

ADVANTAGE DISNEYLAND
+ Better, Longer Pirates of the Carribbean
+ Better Space Mountain (WAY BETTER)
+ Better, Longer It's a Small World (better building; bad flume)
+ Better Buzz Lightyear Attraction (AstroBlasters)
+ Better (somewhat) Jungle Cruise
+ Better, Shorter Main Street USA (with attractions, not just stores)
+ Better Riverboat (Mark Twain)
+ Better Car Attraction (Autopia)
+ Better Toontown (Mickey's Toontown)
+ Better Haunted Hansion (with new effects)
+ Indiana Jones Adventure
+ The Matterhorn!
+ New Orleans Square
+ Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
+ Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
+ Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
+ Pinocchio's Daring Journey
+ Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes
+ Monorail (as an attraction)
+ Remember, Dreams Come True Fireworks
+ The Sailing Ship Columbia
+ Snow White, An Enchanting Musical
+ Closer Hotels (both on property and off)
+ DISNEY's CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
+ Shorter Line for Soarin' (Soarin' Over California)
+ Pixar Block Party Bash (AWESOME)
+ Aladdin, A Musical Spectacular
+ a bug's land
+ Paradise Pier attractions
+ Better Disney animation attraction
+ Better It's Tough to Be A Bug
+ Disney's Electrical Parade
+ Monster's Inc. Dark Ride

ADVANTAGE MAGIC KINGDOM (and other WDW attractions)
+ Better, Longer Splash Mountain
+ Better, Longer Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
+ Better Castle
+ Better Tomorrowland
+ Better Frontierland
+ Better Tom Sawyer's Island
+ Better Restaurants (CRT, Crystal Palace, LTT, etc.)
+ Longer Haunted Mansion
+ Better Enchanted Tiki Room
+ Better Family/Children's Coaster (Goofy's Barnstormer)
+ Better Teacups
+ Better Adventure's of Winnie the Pooh
+ Liberty Square
+ Flying Carpets of Aladdin
+ Country Bear Jamboree
+ The Hall of Presidents
+ Carousel of Progress
+ Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
+ Tomorrowland Transit Authority
+ Stitch's Great Escape
+ Mickey's Philharmagic
+ SpectroMagic parade
+ Better Hotels, Theming
+ EPCOT (attractions & restaurants)
+ DISNEY/MGM STUDIOS (attractions & restaurants)
- Better Tower of Terror
- Better Muppet*Vision 3-D
- Better Star Tours
+ DISNEY's ANIMAL KINGDOM (attractions & restaurants)

raven

Hmm..
In my humble opinion (been to Disneyland 2 times; Walt Disney World about 20 or so)... If you're comparing the Magic Kingdom to Disneyland, I think they are pretty much equal. The different in attractions and space pretty much cancel each other out. They each have better and inferior attractions than their counterpart...

ADVANTAGE DISNEYLAND
+ Better, Longer Pirates of the Carribbean
+ Better Space Mountain (WAY BETTER)
+ Better, Longer It's a Small World (better building; bad flume)
+ Better Buzz Lightyear Attraction (AstroBlasters)
+ Better (somewhat) Jungle Cruise
+ Better, Shorter Main Street USA (with attractions, not just stores)
+ Better Riverboat (Mark Twain)
+ Better Car Attraction (Autopia)
+ Better Toontown (Mickey's Toontown)
+ Better Haunted Hansion (with new effects)
+ Indiana Jones Adventure
+ The Matterhorn!
+ New Orleans Square
+ Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
+ Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
+ Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
+ Pinocchio's Daring Journey
+ Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes
+ Monorail (as an attraction)
+ Remember, Dreams Come True Fireworks
+ The Sailing Ship Columbia
+ Snow White, An Enchanting Musical
+ Closer Hotels (both on property and off)
+ DISNEY's CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
+ Shorter Line for Soarin' (Soarin' Over California)
+ Pixar Block Party Bash (AWESOME)
+ Aladdin, A Musical Spectacular
+ a bug's land
+ Paradise Pier attractions
+ Better Disney animation attraction
+ Better It's Tough to Be A Bug
+ Disney's Electrical Parade
+ Monster's Inc. Dark Ride

ADVANTAGE MAGIC KINGDOM (and other WDW attractions)
+ Better, Longer Splash Mountain
+ Better, Longer Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
+ Better Castle
+ Better Tomorrowland
+ Better Frontierland
+ Better Tom Sawyer's Island
+ Better Restaurants (CRT, Crystal Palace, LTT, etc.)
+ Longer Haunted Mansion
+ Better Enchanted Tiki Room
+ Better Family/Children's Coaster (Goofy's Barnstormer)
+ Better Teacups
+ Better Adventure's of Winnie the Pooh
+ Liberty Square
+ Flying Carpets of Aladdin
+ Country Bear Jamboree
+ The Hall of Presidents
+ Carousel of Progress
+ Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor
+ Tomorrowland Transit Authority
+ Stitch's Great Escape
+ Mickey's Philharmagic
+ SpectroMagic parade
+ Better Hotels, Theming
+ EPCOT (attractions & restaurants)
+ DISNEY/MGM STUDIOS (attractions & restaurants)
- Better Tower of Terror
- Better Muppet*Vision 3-D
- Better Star Tours
+ DISNEY's ANIMAL KINGDOM (attractions & restaurants)

You left out of WDW:

Typhoon Lagoon, Blizard Beach, Golf Courses, Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island, West Side, Fantasia Gardens, World of Sports, Raceway, Biking, Sailing, Fishing, Horseback riding, Parasailing, Diving excersions, Segway tours, plenty of other backstage tours and TONS of resorts each with their own special things.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
You left out of WDW:

Typhoon Lagoon, Blizard Beach, Golf Courses, Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island, West Side, Fantasia Gardens, World of Sports, Raceway, Biking, Sailing, Fishing, Horseback riding, Parasailing, Diving excersions, Segway tours, plenty of other backstage tours and TONS of resorts each with their own special things.

I don't think that's what this discussion is about though... When I first started the thread, I was speaking only of the two MK's. WDW is ABSOLUTELY a better vacation destination. I just was taken aback at how much more I liked DL than the MK at WDW... Specifically the attraction quality between the two parks.

And "Remember.... Dreams come true" completely trashes Wishes, too. It's almost worth the whole trip just to see that show. Amazing.

jaredliu

Actually, a ride is a ride is a ride. If you want to experience a "ride" go to Islands of Adventure. If you want to experience an "attraction" go to WDW.[\quote]

I am sorry but that's absoulty BS or you have never been to IOA before you make that kind of statement. But more likely it is your Disney ego to say WDW makes "attractions" and IOA only makes "rides". The themeing of most part of IOA is as good as, if not better than WDW. Actually, a heavy themeing won't make up for the crapy version of the ride.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
You abviously have not ridden other version's Buzz. Yes, you are sit on it casue the joystick is attached to the ride vehicle and become part of it.

You couldn't be more correct. DL's Buzz is "lightyears" above the others. :lookaroun :brick:

I can't believe I just said that. :lol:

captcanada

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet or not, but here goes....

Which is more crowded/busier.....
MK Florida, or MK California?
Eg: Which has longer lines. Longer waits to get on a ride. Less elbow space just walking about. Etc....?

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet or not, but here goes....

Which is more crowded/busier.....
MK Florida, or MK California?
Eg: Which has longer lines. Longer waits to get on a ride. Less elbow space just walking about. Etc....?

Well, when we were at DL a little over a week ago, the lines really weren't too bad. The attractions there are built to handle massive crowds just like in FLA... I think DL's park capacity is somewhere between 50,000 and 60,000. I don't know what FLA's is, but I can't imagine it's that much more than that, honestly. It did feel like there was a little less elbow room overall, mostly because the walkways and such just aren't as spacious as FLA. But I think that almost added to the charm for me. It wasn't uncomfortable... Not to me at least.

imagineer boy

jaredliu said:
Well I would rather having the 21th SM + whole new Submarine ride with average themed Tomorrowland than the 70's SM+ pooh's playground in a better-looking tomorrowland.

I just simply meant that WDW had better themeing. DL's is better in terms of quality rides. WDW's TL is stuck with the horrific SGE, the out of place Monsters inc ride, abandoned Galaxy theater, and lesser versionsf of SM and car ride.

jaredliu

Well, when we were at DL a little over a week ago, the lines really weren't too bad. The attractions there are built to handle massive crowds just like in FLA... I think DL's park capacity is somewhere between 50,000 and 60,000. I don't know what FLA's is, but I can't imagine it's that much more than that, honestly. It did feel like there was a little less elbow room overall, mostly because the walkways and such just aren't as spacious as FLA. But I think that almost added to the charm for me. It wasn't uncomfortable... Not to me at least.
Bured20kLeague, there is another good way to arrange a day without heavy wait time for your next visit if you don't know. It is that your fastpass "never expired" util the day is over in DL. Let say you have a fastpass says it is valid between 2:30pm~3:30pm, that means pretty much you could use the fastpass for anytime after 2:30 and the 3:30 means nothing. This help you having a more scheduled time to maximum the benefits of fastpass. Theoretically the later of the day, the longer the fastpass line it would be due to the fact that more people are able to use their fastpasses. But it is never the problem in DL casue not too many visitors know it. DL tries to be more flexible and you won't have to give up your lunch/dinner reservation when they overlap. But try not to abuse it by having a fastpass in the morning and go at the midnight. You could slightly arrange your time better to make sure every single fastpass is useful and not affecting anything (meal reservation/leaving the park/ couldn't back on time). I think WDW has more people so guests not allowed to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom