Our MK is poor next to Disneyland!!

disneyracefan

i just wish they would tear down that very bad ride dinosauer at a.k. and put in the indiana jones ride from disneyland. the indiana jones ride alone shows how disney could do a ride if they put more work into it.

David

See, I noticed both the castle and the size of main street, and to me it was almost endearing. As if that's what Walt built because of the assumed draw he thought his new "disneyland" would have. Like he built it to the size he thought he'd need based on the crowds he would get, and that the overwhelming crowds and demand were beyond even what he invisioned... Causing FLA to be put "on steroids" when it was built. I viewed that castle and scope of size as his "original vision", and thought of it more in a historical way than being bothered by it.

I don't think of WDW as being "on steroids" at all. DLR was built on Walt's original vision, but WDW was built on his original vision for that park as well. That's why he bought all that land in secret and planned for more than just one park.

darthjohnny

Both parks are excellent in their own way.

But, I do LOVE the Indiana Jones Adventure ride at Disneyland! :) It is way superior to our DINOSAUR.

TTATraveler

I actually like the shorter buildings in DL. Yes, the castle is small, but the park has a cozier and less intimidating feel. I heard or read somewhere that Walt did not want to have tall buildings in his park as they would be intimidating to children.

In addition to the better rides in DL, there is so much more attention to detail in DL.

I think there is a general negativity to DL simply becuase of its size. If you can look past its size, you'll see that there is more nostalgia and fun to be had at DL.

At any rate, I can't wait to go back to DL.

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
When DL was built, Anaheim was not there. IT grew up around DL. DL was in the middle of nowhere which is why people thought Walt was nuts. You want to build what? And your going to build it WHERE??? The thing you cannot get anywhere else is DL has the spirit of Walt always there. Ride in Pirates and know that Walt himself rode through that ride before they filled it with water on an office chair being pushed by one of is trusted Imagineers (sp? 2 E's or 1? LOL).

I am going to WDW for the first time in Feb. 2007. I worked at DL while in college, and worked with a lady who worked with Walt! WDW was his dream, in a different way. I cant wait to see the difference and the similarities. I did a Walk in Walts footsteps tour at DL during the 50th, and in our group were some WDW "Hardcore" fans of their own admission. They told me they were VERY VERY skeptical of comming to DL. They ended up loving it because they said the detail was astounding! They said that WDW doesnt have the tiny details that DL does.

I dont care! I LOVE DISNEY ANYTHING!:sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
Locals?
At Disneyland?

Well, yeah....last figure I heard had them with 565,000 APs.

And obviously that doesn't include locals who maybe go once or twice a year... Not enough to justify an AP.

Lee, do you think the desire to keep it fresh due to it's larger local crowd (percentage wise) is an accurate arguement? I mean, maybe it's not. Maybe it's also about Anaheim being in the Imagineer's backyards, so they're more easily able to test out new effects, etc without toting them across country.

I just think the tourist argument is a valid one because I don't believe anyone thinks of DL as a "vacation destination" like they do WDW.

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
Dang, I wanna go to DL SO SO badly. Ive been to WDW all my life. Not saying that Im tired of it, I just want to go to DL.

DO IT!! I hemmed and hawed about it for a few years... Thinking it wasn't worth missing a trip to WDW to go to DL instead. Now I almost wish we'd get over there every few years, plus with everything else SoCal has to offer.

I've gotta say, I was a hardcore WDWer before last week. Now, I don't think I can defend one over the other.

BrittanyRose428

i just wish they would tear down that very bad ride dinosauer at a.k. and put in the indiana jones ride from disneyland. the indiana jones ride alone shows how disney could do a ride if they put more work into it.
:eek: dont say that, i love that ride! ... they should put indianna jones in mgm near the show, mgm needs more rides anyways...

M:SpilotISTC12

That doesnt surpirse me but I remember Tony Baxter saying in one of the Travel Channel shows that he thinks that MK is better in WDW then DL. I have never been to DL so I cant really compare but I love the WDW MK anyway.

jaredliu

Fantasmic and Indiana Jones at DL are two of the best show/ride Disney has ever come up with. MK doesn't EVEN has a clone. Well there is clone for fantasmic at MGM which pales in comparasion to the original to say the least. Sorry, Rember Dreams Come Ture fireworks simply blew MK's wishes out of the deep deep water. As for the castle, oh congratulations! MK has a better one! but I am not paying 67+tax for a bigger building.

imagineer boy

In some ways DL is better than WDW, and in some ways WDW is better than DL.

DL does have the awesome IJA ride, and better versions of all the classic rides and better Toon Town and Fantaseyland.

WDW has Philharmagic, is more spacious, and has a considerably better themed tomorrowland. Not to mention a larger castle ( which really blows away DL's castle in comparison. )

zeroFantasy

Yeah I remember liking Disneyland's Space Mountain a lot more than WDW's. I was kind of disappointed when I rode it here after DL.

scorp111

To me, both parks have their own endearing qualities.

For a vacation experience, I prefer WDW as a whole, because I really enjoy the "immersion" into all things Disney, and the removal of most all things not.

The surroundings around DL are nothing compared to the entire resort in FL.

1disneydood

Eastsiiiiiiiiiiide!!!:lookaroun

No, but seriously, I went to DL as a child. I don't have any vivid memories of it but I kinda feel like things are missing at WDW's MK when I visit. As if "this isn't how it's supposed to be" or something like that. Now don't get me wrng, I L O V E WDW, as being here testifies. WDW ofers more so it's a no brainer where to go vacation. Still one day I need to go back to DL to see it again. Hopefully it won't spoil the MK rides for me. Nah, I don't think it will. Eastside for life. :lookaroun :lol:

:lookaroun

maharet97a

After 4 years in So Cal, my family and I are moving to Florida in Dec and even with the excitement of being back closer to home and getting WDW AP's, I'm going to miss DLR something fierce. Living 4 hours from WDW until we moved here, I thought WDW was the end all and be all. And a visit home and to WDW in Feb did nothing but cement DLR as favorite in my heart. Because of the smaller size, the pace is not as frantic (despite more rides) and there is time to do all you'd like to do and enjoy the small details. And for those who look down on DCA or who are "waiting to see what they're going to do with it". Don't wait. There is far more to do there than most realize. (The Aladdin show, for one, is absolutely fantastic and can't be found anywhere else.) If you're planning a DLR trip, PassPorter now has a Disneyland/SoCal version and it's great. Also check out www.visionsfantastic.com . They have video of every ride and show in both parks available to all with free registration (and are also premiering a WDW media section in the near future).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom