O'Sentinel - NextGen - 1/17/10

EPCOT Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1974
But really enjoyed the column, Kev.

Hey, forget about the praise. I think you owe all of us paychecks!

I believe many here will take pixie dust instead, I prefer Disney Dollars if you don't mind!:ROFLOL::drevil:

But if Disney used fan forums for 'research', why shouldn't you do likewise.

Here's one for ya, I was thinking of headed up your way next month, but now I'm thinking Vegas, LA and, of course, DL instead ... so, do the impossible. Convince me that O-town is a better choice!:rolleyes::eek::)

TPFKAEC.

The Park Formally Known As EPCOT Center.

:)

jt04

Great, now we'll have people on here saying Disney AND Apple are plotting to take over the world.....:brick:

What? :eek::lookaroun

^ Not sure if you guys are asking a serious inquiry, but of course I have the freedom to explore the Internet and engage in multiple discussions. I still very much post on micechat too. To reiterate what I said earlier, it's the SPECTRUM of opinion that interests me, not monolithic opinion of either stripe.

We are never serious around here. :cool:

WDW1974

A very large press event is being planned for mid to late February inside of Wonder's of Life. Inside of that building, as you may already know, is where the test lab for the NGEP has been for well over a year now. I'm not confirming it's for the project but I find it odd that they would use WOL for any other press event. Even though Epcot's F&G Festival will be starting early this year (March 3rd) I don't believe they would call a huge press event for that. So let the speculation continue.

I believe I was the first one to mention both the press event and the WoL being used as a NEXTGEN lab of sorts.

I think it's pretty safe to say the press event is for many things, but some aspects of the whole DDK program will be released. I have strong reason to believe they want/plan on announcing the USA AP (or DVC special as I call it).

Disney needs to steal some of Potter's thunder, and magic, and showing off new timeshares and swimming pool rehabs (both a big focus of Disney's last press gathering) really won't do it.

My ... um ... ah ... 'guess' would be some of the kewler aspects of the NEXTGEN project will be released as well as some new artwork and details of F-land (and likely how RFID fits in).

I can't say I'm excited ... frankly, I'm more psyched to see WoC at DCA later this spring ... or to finally hear what is going in Shanghai more than this.

Like I've said umpteen times here, this is just taking Destination Disney personalization to a whole new level ... some will be good, some not so ... but it's not the same as building amazing new attractions or parks.

I don't want my magical WDW vacation to be like playing VMK or Kim Possible ... and that's what I fear the most about this ... the idea that today's fanbois who grew up texting and Twittering while playing the latest video game believe real attractions are passe.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by something here, but I don't believe that's likely.

WDW1974

They may be a little too rabid anti-Disney for him to find anything useful. I just hope Al Lutz doesn't fund out. :)

I think Al should be focusing on what's really going on with Tom Fitzgerald being placed ABOVE Tony Baxter and Bob Weis, myself.

SirGoofy

I believe I was the first one to mention both the press event and the WoL being used as a NEXTGEN lab of sorts.

I think it's pretty safe to say the press event is for many things, but some aspects of the whole DDK program will be released. I have strong reason to believe they want/plan on announcing the USA AP (or DVC special as I call it).

Disney needs to steal some of Potter's thunder, and magic, and showing off new timeshares and swimming pool rehabs (both a big focus of Disney's last press gathering) really won't do it.

My ... um ... ah ... 'guess' would be some of the kewler aspects of the NEXTGEN project will be released as well as some new artwork and details of F-land (and likely how RFID fits in).

I can't say I'm excited ... frankly, I'm more psyched to see WoC at DCA later this spring ... or to finally hear what is going in Shanghai more than this.

Like I've said umpteen times here, this is just taking Destination Disney personalization to a whole new level ... some will be good, some not so ... but it's not the same as building amazing new attractions or parks.

I don't want my magical WDW vacation to be like playing VMK or Kim Possible ... and that's what I fear the most about this ... the idea that today's fanbois who grew up texting and Twittering while playing the latest video game believe real attractions are passe.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by something here, but I don't believe that's likely.

You've basically summed up my feelings on this project.

I like Kim Possible. It's cute. But I don't want everything in the park to be like that.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think Al should be focusing on what's really going on with Tom Fitzgerald being placed ABOVE Tony Baxter and Bob Weis, myself.

Simple. Just whisper in Al's ear, let him think it's his idea, and he'll be off and running....:rolleyes:

Figment1986

:lookaroun I only text a little... but i tweet a lot :lol: and considering I only play a Nintendo wii when im at home... and randomly play midway mania... mostly because the wait is 70 min.:D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
:lookaroun I only text a little... but i tweet a lot :lol: and considering I only play a Nintendo wii when im at home... and randomly play midway mania... mostly because the wait is 70 min.:D

I'm not a texter or tweeter(?) either, but my IPhone has been a godsend in the Peter Pan and Buzz queues....

raven

I believe I was the first one to mention both the press event and the WoL being used as a NEXTGEN lab of sorts

Oh yes. How could I possibly steel your thunder. You are the "know all" of know-it-all's. :rolleyes:

Is there a date for the Wonders of Life press conference? I assume regular park guests will not be allowed?

No park guests will be allowed as at the same time they will be setting up for F&G in Wonders. But nothing has been confirmed yet that I know of.

EPCOT Explorer

Oh yes. How could I possibly steel your thunder. You are the "know all" of know-it-all's. :rolleyes:

No park guests will be allowed as at the same time they will be setting up for F&G in Wonders. But nothing has been confirmed yet that I know of.

Must not be that big of an event, if they are having it in WoL. It's big, but not THAT big, huh?

WDW1974

I can feel the fanboi love!:eek::ROFLOL::king:

You know, it's a shame this site doesn't have a forum where members can go and take veiled and not so shots at other posters like they were all still in high school.

That would be waaay kewl.

Park guests are never invited to press announcements/ceremonies unless it's a few that are hand-picked as being 'special' ... but if Disney makes WoL's 'lab' part of their event, I doubt they'll start F&G decorating and such because Disney wants to make sure the big message gets out.

raven

...but if Disney makes WoL's 'lab' part of their event, I doubt they'll start F&G decorating and such because Disney wants to make sure the big message gets out.

F&G Festival starts March 3rd this year. Set up in WOL starts in a couple of weeks. But the NGE Lab is sealed off from general dome area in WOL.

raven

Press event should be as early as this weekend or next week. This isn't an ordinary press event either. They are going to feed the press and they plan on them being there for several hours throughout the day because they have massive amounts of computers, phones, cubicles and make-shift conference rooms set up. Disney has been setting up the area for a while now and they still aren't finished. I've worked the North American Auto Shows before in Detroit and the set up for this event is similar. Be prepared for some big news soon!

_Scar

Press event should be as early as this weekend or next week. This isn't an ordinary press event either. They are going to feed the press and they plan on them being there for several hours throughout the day because they have massive amounts of computers, phones, cubicles and make-shift conference rooms set up. Disney has been setting up the area for a while now and they still aren't finished. I've worked the North American Auto Shows before in Detroit and the set up for this event is similar. Be prepared for some big news soon!

Just about this new technology?

EPCOT Explorer

Ready and waiting. :D

I'd kill to be there. :lol:

WDW Vacationer

This is at WoL,right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom